PDA

View Full Version : stretch marks remove

chinee
06-01-2010, 07:10 AM
Does any of you know how much will it cost to have your stretch marks remove. Because Im planning to have it done after a month or two. Maybe you could give me an idea about it. And also I wanna know if somebody have done it already and how effective it is. Perhaps you could give me some insight about it.

y34963
06-01-2010, 04:32 PM
Call around in your city and ask for prices. If you do decide to go for it be sure the doctor is reputable. You don't want your stretch marks to get worse.

I have not known anyone who has had stretch marks removed - I have heard about though. I believe it would be cosmetic surgery and I am betting it would be expensive anywhere.

As you have just had your baby you may want to give yourself some time as they may go away on their own.

sana
07-07-2010, 06:05 PM
If they are severe enough, you would have to get laser treatment. It generally runs around $500, but reportedly the results are great.

vencasand
07-08-2010, 01:24 PM
keep applying the lotion/creams that you applied to your tummy when you were pregnant. these creams do help the stretch marks to fade. sometimes it takes a year for them to fade but they do.

Elena K
09-21-2010, 03:25 AM
keep applying the lotion/creams that you applied to your tummy when you were pregnant. these creams do help the stretch marks to fade. sometimes it takes a year for them to fade but they do.

I'm not sure about that.

I got my stretchmarks when I was a teenager (not from pregnancy, but from growing too fast) and they are still here, haven't faded a bit :(

I wish though

vencasand
09-21-2010, 02:25 PM
mederma came out with a stretch mark lotion that is supposed to fade your stretchmarks in 12 weeks. this is them saying it not me. they have done trials on old and new stretch marks and they say it works. sounded good. costs around $45 american dollars.

Horace33
02-25-2011, 06:37 AM
A dermatologist is a best person to concern if your stretch marks are severe. They will help you with treatments like tretinoin cream that will reduce stretch marks.

Manavi
04-14-2011, 04:05 AM
Stretch marks are ugly discolored lines, these lines are present on the surface of the skin, and can appear in awesome numbers and cannot be covered up. There are cases where stretch marks are so deep that they can be felt by running your finger over the skin. What is the secret on how to remove stretch marks? Millions of women around the world have stretch marks and they are all looking for a way to remove stretch marks Probably the best way to treat this problem is the use of a stretch mark cream. The current stretch mark creams are virtually miracle creams. Creams like Revitols stretch mark cream work deep into the skin to provide the body with the nutrients needed to repair itself, and make your skin flawless again.

Serena
05-26-2011, 04:24 PM
Cocoa Butter works well to remove strech marks from the body. However, the results may take some time to become noticeable.

You can also apply sandalwood paste mixed in coconut oil. It is really a great recipe to fade strech marks. This should be applied regularly on the affected areas for best results.

Ensure to keep your skin nourished and moisturized at all times. Supple skin surfaces usually do not face the risk of acquiring strech marks.

paulspnao
06-04-2011, 09:52 AM
Keep applying the lotion/creams that you applied to your tummy when you were pregnant. These creams do help the stretch marks to fade. Sometimes it takes a year for them to fade but they do. They will help you with treatments like tretinoin cream that will reduce stretch marks. Keep applying and don't be anxious about results.

gmb27
06-06-2011, 06:52 PM
Does any of you know how much will it cost to have your stretch marks remove. Because Im planning to have it done after a month or two. Maybe you could give me an idea about it. And also I wanna know if somebody have done it already and how effective it is. Perhaps you could give me some insight about it.

Have you tried BioOil? my wife used it after her pregnancy and although it did not get rid of the stretch marks totally, it reduced them amazingly and made the remaining ones faded. The improvement was fantastic

Gary

paulspnao
07-12-2011, 04:59 AM
Nice information. Stretch marks are caused when skin changes shape too quickly. This sudden change causes a tear in the middle layer of your skin, the dermis. The collagen and elastin fibers in the dermis rupture and you end up with "underground" scars that look like stripes on the affected area. A dermatologist is a best person to concern if your stretch marks are severe. Thanks.

Horace33
08-03-2011, 10:18 AM
Hey, I just read your post. I too have similar problems. I'm a male and have been the same size since I was around 18. Years later, I'm still the same size with very low body fat..and am real active. A few years ago I started to get stretch marks starting on my legs. Then got them on my stomach and chest. About a year ago I started to get stretch marks all over my forearms.like my skin had had it.

They now have moved on to my upper arms, shoulders, and yes I'm getting some on my face. One thing that is unusual I've found is that they never first appear RED like most people say. It's like they slowly just start appearing over the course of a few months, from barely noticable. And it's not like skin under pressure stretch marks. It's more like the whole area of skin just isn't elastic anymore and is now ribbed.

Another unusual characteristic is my hair follicles all over my body are grouped...more than one hair emerges from each hair follicle. Perhaps my skin doesn't get the proper amount of sebum because the pores are jammed? I'm totally lost. I've tried almost all diets, vitamins, lotions and oils, not to cure but try to prevent/slow down the problem.

boron
11-25-2011, 08:45 AM
I've made quite some research and have found not one single product or procedure that would effectively remove stretch marks.

Jenny
12-24-2011, 08:25 AM
The cost might be substantial. Laser stretch marks removal generally costs between $200-$700 per laser treatment session and may require multiple sessions.

paula
01-24-2012, 06:50 AM
The best stretch marks treatment is prevention where this is possible.
Avoid excessive weight gain to prevent stretching and tearing the skin over a short period of time. Eat a healthy diet rich in vitamins and minerals – Vitamin C and E, zinc and silica rich foods help maintain healthier skin. Stay hydrated by drinking lots of water everyday. Massage with body oil or rich moisturizing creams to keep skin soft and supple.

jamescharls123
03-01-2012, 01:55 PM
I think you should try some natural treatments to remove stretch marks. You can use sea salt scrub or grape seed oil for your problem. These are excellent stretch marks removers and also these are very cost effective.

paula
03-06-2012, 02:06 AM
The best stretch marks treatment is prevention where this is possible.
Avoid excessive weight gain to prevent stretching and tearing the skin over a short period of time. Eat a healthy diet rich in vitamins and minerals – Vitamin C and E, zinc and silica rich foods help maintain healthier skin. Stay hydrated by drinking lots of water everyday. Massage with body oil or rich moisturizing creams to keep skin soft and supple.

cbhattarai
03-06-2012, 08:01 PM
Where do you leave?

Ziesha001
03-29-2012, 07:53 AM
I remember my mother used to use Retin A for reducing her stretch marks...so why don't you try it ?

vencasand
03-29-2012, 12:37 PM
horace33 i think you should see a derm. unless you had a growth spurt these stretch marks don't sound right. please check with a derm to see if everything is okay. not to scare you but just for your own peace of mind.

Rach
05-14-2012, 05:01 AM
I'd call around for a quote... see what the market price is so you don't get ripped off.

amina
11-24-2013, 06:38 AM
Invicible scars is a great brought in terms of fading out scars and stretch marks. It worked out for me too. Give it a try. It's the only hypoallergenic and effective product i've seen working

Emma Brown
12-04-2013, 10:18 AM
Use a moisturizer. A study comparing herbal moisturizers found that people who lotioned-up daily showed significant improvement in skin appearance and elasticity [2]. Think of it this way: if your skin has a lot of stretching to do, it's less likely to tear and create stretch marks if it's hydrated.

Use lotion on new stretch marks, or on areas where you're worried about getting them in the future. Though using lotion on old stretch marks may still improve their appearance, it's probably not as effective as using them on fresh ones.
If you're worried about the chemicals in over-the-counter moisturizers, make your own out of equal parts wheat germ oil, olive oil and aloe vera. The same study showed that this combination created the best Life cell Cream.