PDA

View Full Version : Best Anti Aging Skin Creams - What to Look For and What to Avoid

James Wilson
06-01-2010, 04:39 AM
When you go to buy anti-aging skin cream, you have to remember that marketers and advertisers like to use certain "hooks", or buzz words that lead you to believe that the product they're advertizing is the best. Just because a certain product may be touted as "the best" anti-aging skin cream, this does not necessarily mean that it is. Forget the hype and learn what to look for.

The best anti-aging skin creams combine many factors; but, they should always be safe, as well as healthy and effective. Before you buy any anti-aging skin cream, you should understand the meanings of these terms -- safe, healthy and effective -- as pertains to skin care. Otherwise, you're sure to find yourself disappointed.

First of all, look for a company that has signed the "Compact for Safe Cosmetics". This compact is a world-wide agreement signed by companies who pledge to not use chemicals that are known or strongly suspected of causing cancer, mutation or birth defects in their products and to implement substitution plans that replace hazardous materials with safer alternatives in every market they serve.

How to be Safe

In order to be safe, you should never apply anything topically -- that is, on your skin -- which would otherwise damage your internal organs.

As you can easily understand, toxins, carcinogens and allergens should be avoided at all cost. However, did you know that Parabens, the most common preservative found in anti-aging skin cream, are also the second most common allergen and are believed to be carcinogenic?

Fragrances or perfumes are very common allergens, some are even toxic, and should NOT be an ingredient in your creams. It's a much better idea to apply a bit of perfume or fragrance directly, rather than have these potions be an ingredient in a moisturizing, anti-aging cream.

emmawatson
06-02-2010, 09:29 AM
Are you looking for tips and advice in anti aging skin care? Look no further. If you want to diminish facial wrinkles, and fight the skin aging process, follow the essential anti aging advice given in this guide.
Are you wondering which are the best anti aging skin care treatments and ways to rejuvenate your skin?.
Maybe you are unhappy with your skin because it looks prematurely aged, and would like to gain a more youthful complexion. Although there is not magic potion to stop the skin from aging, there is actually a lot you can do to help fight those wrinkles and look younger.

dale91
06-09-2010, 06:56 AM
Anti aging skin care is retarding the aging process.Today everyone wants to hide their age using procedures (and a number of people are successful too).Antiaging skin care is about discipline. It is about being proactive.Here are a few tips for proactive antiaging skin care:
1. Take vitamin C from your diet:
A well balanced diet is the key to maintaining a proper body metabolism. Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, they are the best source of trace elements your body needs. They are also the best source of vitamin C your skin needs, apart from its interactions inside products.
2- Fight stress:
This is probably the most important anti aging skin care measure. Stress disturbs the body metabolism and accelerates the aging process. Sleep, exercise and a relaxing bath, are all good ways of beating stress.
3- Do not dehydrate your body and drink a lot of water:
Water helps in flushing out the toxins from the body, hence keeping it clean and making it less prone to disease. Around 8 glasses of water per day is recommended by all doctors.
4- Exercise:
Besides toning your muscles, it also helps in cleaning the skin by flushing out the toxins in the form of sweat. Exercise should be followed by a warm shower in order to completely remove the toxins.
5- Avoid Trojan horses:
Avoid the use of strong, chemical based products on your skin. Do not let them sneak peak in your skin care product.
6- Do not overuse skin care products:
Excessive and harsh application, both are harmful.
7- Be aware of your skin status:
Do not ignore skin disorders, it can lead to permanent damage. Try over the counter medication and if that does not help, immediately visit your dermatologist and seek his/her advice.
8- Pay attention to vitamin C in your skin care product:
Vitamin C based skin care products are very popular means of antiaging care. However, these seem to oxidise very quickly (which makes them harmful for the skin). So store them properly. If the product turns Yellowish brown, it means that vitamin c has oxidised and the product is no longer suitable for use.
9- Take care of UV radiation:
UV rays are known to speed up the aging process.So wear sunscreen if you are going to be exposed to extreme hot weather.

bevans43
06-14-2010, 02:14 PM
One of the best ways to find out if a certain product is indeed effective is to read product reviews from users. If you have a friend or you know someone who have been using that product, then it would be best to ask for her/his opinion.

AlmaAliff
06-16-2010, 04:46 PM
Bottox is not the solution i know a good cream just e-mail me at [email] and i will tell you. By using these revolutionary cream you will see noticeable results in 28 days! This cream targets wrinkles and age spots. It boosts collagen and elastin production.

samson smith
09-06-2011, 10:27 AM
Bottox is not the solution i know a good cream just e-mail me at [email] and i will tell you. By using these revolutionary cream you will see noticeable results in 28 days! This cream targets wrinkles and age spots. It boosts collagen and elastin production.

Olay is the best anti wrinkle cream. It is a hydrating product that improves the skin's elasticity, resulting in a firmer and healthier skin every day. It helps to minimize the fine lines and wrinkled skin in the eye area.

sonjabe44
09-14-2011, 02:23 PM
I'm not one for writing reviews, but after using Olay's Wrinkle Smoothing - I wanted to share my thoughts with others who might consider purchasing this product-- save your money!! I used the cream around my eyes for 2 weeks and noticed ZERO improvement. Actually, the skin around my eyes became slightly irritated. It would be nice if the company would note that this product should not be used by anyone with the slightest of sensitive skin.

If you are really concerned about the lines on your face, save your money for a great overall skincare regime as was recommended by my dermatologist. He recommended the Made from Earth products, specifically the Vitamin Enhanced Face Firming Serum.

My sister first tried the Made from Earth Vitamin Firming Serum. Within 3 days, she called me and told me how much she loved the serum! Her "crows feet" were already dissipating, but better than that, she loved the fact that her freckles had vanished! I didn't see this in the clinical trials and don't think the results are typical for this reaction, but she is thrilled! She has now added Made from Earth to her Christmas list and I am thrilled!!

peachy
10-14-2011, 08:42 AM
I've heard that Proactiv is not that great kind of treatment. At last I have found many negative reviews about it. Did you try it?

Edanur
10-14-2011, 01:18 PM
It may be hard to believe, but practically every anti aging skin care system on the market contains compounds that will actually damage your skin's health over time. They are particularly detrimental when it comes to anti aging skin care, because they inhibit the body's natural ability to rejuvenate, produce new skin cells and dispose of toxins. That's not my opinion. That's according to respected dermatologists.

So, I wanted to make sure that my anti aging skin care tips included this advice:

Do not use petrolatum, mineral oils, paraffin (in wax or liquid form) or petroleum jelly!

They clog the pores and strip sebum (the natural oils that the body produces). This leads to pimples, blackheads, white heads, sagging wrinkling, etc. Over all, it actually does more harm than good. It blows my mind that companies continue to use these ingredients, but they do.

sara145wilson
11-10-2011, 07:24 AM
Yes, i agree with you that aging is the major problem going now a days and all of them are trying to shift to move towards the best aging cream available in the market and rather than trying some home remedies like exercise, protection against UV rays which damages skin, take lot of water in your diet and have sleep peaceful, take less tension, any more ways are their to avoid.

gouptta
11-15-2011, 02:19 PM
I have heard a lot about Ponds anti aging ... Is it really effective?

somaliabiswas
11-25-2011, 07:43 AM
I have seen my mum using Yonka skin care products, and truly her skin is great and looks more healthy day by day.

sara145wilson
12-17-2011, 06:30 AM
When you go to buy anti-aging skin cream, you have to remember that marketers and advertisers like to use certain "hooks", or buzz words that lead you to believe that the product they're advertizing is the best. Just because a certain product may be touted as "the best" anti-aging skin cream, this does not necessarily mean that it is. Forget the hype and learn what to look for.

The best anti-aging skin creams combine many factors; but, they should always be safe, as well as healthy and effective. Before you buy any anti-aging skin cream, you should understand the meanings of these terms -- safe, healthy and effective -- as pertains to skin care. Otherwise, you're sure to find yourself disappointed.

First of all, look for a company that has signed the "Compact for Safe Cosmetics". This compact is a world-wide agreement signed by companies who pledge to not use chemicals that are known or strongly suspected of causing cancer, mutation or birth defects in their products and to implement substitution plans that replace hazardous materials with safer alternatives in every market they serve.

How to be Safe

In order to be safe, you should never apply anything topically -- that is, on your skin -- which would otherwise damage your internal organs.

As you can easily understand, toxins, carcinogens and allergens should be avoided at all cost. However, did you know that Parabens, the most common preservative found in anti-aging skin cream, are also the second most common allergen and are believed to be carcinogenic?

Fragrances or perfumes are very common allergens, some are even toxic, and should NOT be an ingredient in your creams. It's a much better idea to apply a bit of perfume or fragrance directly, rather than have these potions be an ingredient in a moisturizing, anti-aging cream.

Yes,Rightly said while purchasing the beauty,anti aging and beauty product we should take care and its ingredients and public reviews should be noticed.:)

drew
12-20-2011, 06:14 PM
have any of you tried the anti-aging skin care system from Mary Kay called TimeWise? I use their microderm abrasion set and it does an AMAZING job! Their eye firming moisturizer is also great :)

sara145wilson
12-31-2011, 06:18 AM
Anti aging skin care is retarding the aging process.Today everyone wants to hide their age using procedures (and a number of people are successful too).Antiaging skin care is about discipline. It is about being proactive.Here are a few tips for proactive antiaging skin care:
A well balanced diet is the key to maintaining a proper body metabolism. Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, they are the best source of trace elements your body needs. They are also the best source of vitamin C your skin needs, apart from its interactions inside products.
2- Fight stress:
This is probably the most important anti aging skin care measure. Stress disturbs the body metabolism and accelerates the aging process. Sleep, exercise and a relaxing bath, are all good ways of beating stress.
Water helps in flushing out the toxins from the body, hence keeping it clean and making it less prone to disease. Around 8 glasses of water per day is recommended by all doctors.
4- Exercise:
Besides toning your muscles, it also helps in cleaning the skin by flushing out the toxins in the form of sweat. Exercise should be followed by a warm shower in order to completely remove the toxins.
5- Avoid Trojan horses:
Avoid the use of strong, chemical based products on your skin. Do not let them sneak peak in your skin care product.
Do not ignore skin disorders, it can lead to permanent damage. Try over the counter medication and if that does not help, immediately visit your dermatologist and seek his/her advice.
Vitamin C based skin care products are very popular means of antiaging care. However, these seem to oxidise very quickly (which makes them harmful for the skin). So store them properly. If the product turns Yellowish brown, it means that vitamin c has oxidised and the product is no longer suitable for use.
UV rays are known to speed up the aging process.So wear sunscreen if you are going to be exposed to extreme hot weather.

Nice tips are provided by you on anti aging....

annerand
01-16-2012, 09:29 PM
Has anyone used Elite Serum. I would like to know whether it works. The reviews are rave but would like to get first hand information from an independent person.
Thanks

Benzema
01-25-2012, 10:08 AM
Ponds is a well known brand and there anti aging product would be as good as other products of there company are.

AGELESSONE
02-12-2012, 01:37 PM
2- Fight stress:
4- Exercise:
5- Avoid Trojan horses:

I have issues with your #5 comment....chemical peels are strong chemical based products that work wonders for your skin IF used properly. Products such as glycolic, mandelic, lactic, TCA, among others.

liz_chin
02-14-2012, 03:57 PM
Anti-aging ... oh, wow! KOSE Sekkisei Excellent, which is a Japanese brand. My mom also use the anti-wrinkle skin care line by a Korean brand called Missha Time Revolution Wrinkle Care and have, so far, noticed good changes on her skin.