PDA

View Full Version : Sensitive Skin Care

skincare
07-10-2008, 03:48 AM
Sensitive skin is the most fragile skin type. It has a low tolerance level to certain products or environmental conditions. What should a person DO and DON't do with this type of skin?

chicque
07-10-2008, 04:38 AM
you shouldn't over do the products you put on sensitive skin. even the lightest mineral makeup can irritate it! with sensitive skin, you have to be as natural as you can.

Starchild47
07-11-2008, 07:29 AM
Less is more with skin that is sensitive. I also recommend staying as natural as possible with the products that you use. This keeps the ph of the face close to what it should be and you should see less issues. Find a mild facial soap or cleanser that is made naturally and stay as far away from chemicals as you can this includes make up as well.

lilabytes
07-11-2008, 07:42 AM
I have very sensitive skin too and I think people with my skintype are the unluckiest because we can't enjoy experimenting different products as others do. For me, I only use hypoallergenic products and I'm afraid to experiment with different products because I don't want to irritate my skin.

skincare
07-11-2008, 09:41 AM
I do not have a sensitive skin. I just can imagine how hard it is to have one. I've done my research and I found out that one way of caring sensitive skin is to watch out what you are eating. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. Avoid hot and spicy foods can cause negative effect.

allie01
07-14-2008, 08:42 AM
I am not a beauty expert, but I am frequently told that I have really good skin. In my experience good skin comes from a wholesome, nutrient-rich diet, 8 hours of sleep each night, drinking plenty of water and keeping my energy body clea

Starchild47
07-15-2008, 07:23 PM
I have very sensitive skin and have to even watch the laundry detergent that I use or I break out and itch terribly. I have found one detergent that does not aggravate my skin and now since they are adding all the new and improved fragrances and things like Febreeze it is even harder to get plain laundry detergent that does not bother me. My son got some Tide with Febreeze and it broke several of my family members out. Its not easy when you have sensitive skin for sure.

aliva
08-05-2008, 08:05 PM
When you say ‘sensitive’ skin, what exactly do you mean? Does it react to cosmetics? Or does it bruise easily/ do you get rashes if you massage your face? Or do you react to exposure to the sun? Without knowing more about the skin’s type of sensitivity, specific ingredients cannot be suggested. However, you can use natural ingredients like tomato juice and carrot juice to cleanse your face.

emmawatson
06-02-2010, 10:49 AM
Sensitive skin can be defined as a skin that is highly reactive to certain products or environment conditions. It is also prone to redness and allergy. Sensitive skin often accompanies dry skin, with a tendency to be rosier than usual. However, the characteristics of a sensitive skin may appear with all skin types.
Easily irritated by products and environment conditions, your skin may even react badly when in contact with the clothing you are wearing. Worse, you will feel like your skin reacts to almost everything.

MrsJ
10-01-2011, 02:12 PM
I find this time of year (fall) to be problematic. In the 6 weeks leading up to the 1st frost, I am really itchy. Dr. does not see any strong signs of allergy, but when I'm itchy I scratch and that is not good ( = redness).

The best thing I've found it to increase the fish oil intake a bit, and make sure to get enough vitamin-E. That seems to be enough to get me through this period. Curious if anyone else sees similar...?

Edanur
10-15-2011, 08:11 AM
Helpful tips for sensitive skin:

Maintain skin's natural moisture – dehydrated skin is more vulnerable to immune responses, infections, sun damage, and sub-clinical irritation. Layering moisturizing formulas helps seal in moisture and forms a nourishing, protective shield.

Eat well. Nutrition plays an important role. Vegetables and fruit –foods with higher water content and vitamin sources – help maintain healthy skin.

Hydrate all day long. Make sure to drink plenty of water every day.

Avoid spicy foods, and caffeinated or alcoholic drinks that may be too stimulating.

Use concentrated moisturizers to counteract time spent indoors with forced air heating or air conditioning.

drew
10-18-2011, 06:00 AM
MrsJ I am the same way! Except that my itching and dryness isn't its worst just in the Fall to Winter change, but with EVERY seasonal change. It's quite irritating. I also suffered from sensitive skin most of my life, especially in my younger years. I have been told I have psoriasis, eczema, severe dry skin etc. but the commonalities I have recognized are that 1) I can't do fragranced anything - except perfume and even then when it lands on my bare skin (usually my chest area) I get little red dots for awhile. 2)Dove and Aveeno and Nivea Soft are the only products I can do that don't bug my skin and still keep me as moisturized as I need. As a general rule I avoid fragrance, petroleum, mineral oil, and sulfate soaps.

Carolhardin
10-18-2011, 11:21 AM
I am not a beauty expert, but I am frequently told that I have really good skin. In my experience good skin comes from a wholesome, nutrient-rich diet, 8 hours of sleep each night, drinking plenty of water and keeping my energy body clea

I do agree with you. Having proper nutritious diet is the most essential part to get the good skin. We are what we eat. Water helps to replenish skin tissues, moisturizes skin and increases skin elasticity.

williams_john
10-20-2011, 02:06 PM
I also have so sensitive skin almost face much pimples in summer.... any one have good brand which can give me solution of my problem?

dods
11-06-2011, 04:31 PM
I think its best to start with the basics and if it doesn't help move to harder stuff. Basics should include things like avoid hot water, use lukewarm instead. Use mild enough soap. Also avoid rubbing your skin too much when washing it/drying it/ doing whatever to it also moisturize your skin.
Proper nutrition is also essential.

After basic care observe your skin and see how it is. Be sure you aren't getting any allergic reactions from your cosmetics.

jonesbonnie77
11-11-2011, 02:42 AM
If you have sensitive skin, stop using unnamed products, it might irritate your sensitive skin, before using any products consult a expert dermatologist!

marvzvon
11-21-2011, 02:59 AM
Looking for a new skin care range for dry sensitive skin, in the mid price range. I need a cleanser, toner and moistouriser. What could you reccommend? Please dont say clinique as i dont suit their skin care, and olay brings me out in a rash. Can you reccommend anything other than that?

Jenny
12-05-2011, 06:24 AM
Proper care for sensitive skin is most important and use natural products to get rid of any problem to this skin type that will suits the skin.

bettya
12-06-2011, 09:33 AM
If you have a sensitive skin you should never try any cosmetic products on your skin unless your doctor tells you so. It is important that before trying any product you should consult a skin professional first.

daisygrace
12-13-2011, 05:48 AM
for sensitive skin , you should use natural skin care remedy that help you, other than using any type of market available product.

drew
12-20-2011, 06:11 PM
MrsJ I am the same way! Except that my itching and dryness isn't its worst just in the Fall to Winter change, but with EVERY seasonal change. It's quite irritating. I also suffered from sensitive skin most of my life, especially in my younger years. I have been told I have psoriasis, eczema, severe dry skin etc. but the commonalities I have recognized are that 1) I can't do fragranced anything - except perfume and even then when it lands on my bare skin (usually my chest area) I get little red dots for awhile. 2)Dove and Aveeno and Nivea Soft are the only products I can do that don't bug my skin and still keep me as moisturized as I need. As a general rule I avoid fragrance, petroleum, mineral oil, and sulfate soaps.

I've recently started using Juice beauty products, they're organic and use natural fruit juices etc in their products. Their milk facial cleanser is amazing, I absolutely love it! Their green apple skin care moisturizer with SPF 15 is a fav as well, I got them both in this great little kit , should check into it!

y34963
12-21-2011, 01:32 PM
Why are you posting a reply to your own post?

drew
02-01-2012, 01:02 AM
Sorry, I was following up a previous comment.

malinamartis
02-07-2012, 03:16 AM
If you have sensitive skin you just need a successful approach for picking just the right sensitive skin cleanser and moisturizer like dove soap or Olay Daily Facials cleansing cloths & etc.

lampardtroy
02-14-2012, 01:53 PM
Use some natural organic products they don’t have any side effects as well as give proper results and they are typically skin friendly.

abhinav singh
04-16-2012, 09:59 AM
I do not have a sensitive skin but I suggest you to don’t use such type of cream, there are few tips by which you can get soft skin, mix cider vinegar with pure water and use it for face. This is best medicine for sensitive skin. Mix aloe Vera gel with water and dilute it as you need. It will also very beneficial.

paulspnao
04-17-2012, 06:08 AM
Eat well. Nutrition plays an important role. Vegetables and fruit, foods with higher water content and vitamin sources help maintain healthy skin. I also recommend drinking plenty of water each day. you'll be surprised just how effective that can be in clearing up your skin!