PDA

View Full Version : Combination Skin

skincare
07-10-2008, 03:30 AM
Another type of skin is the Combination of both oily and dry skin in certain areas of the face. Usually the T-Zone is the greasy part and the rest is dry. In this case, part of your face should be treated accordingly. How do should a person care his/her combination skin? He/she might be confused what to do.

vinodg
07-10-2008, 02:50 PM
I never heard such type skin in my life. Still now I know to care about oily and dry skin separately. I don't know how to take care of combination of both dry and oily skin. I'll discuss about this topic to my doctor and I'll some good tips about it soon.

Starchild47
07-11-2008, 07:26 AM
I have this issue and I have to just treat the T zone for the problems of oiliness and the other areas with extra moisture from some heavy duty natural products to keep my face soft and not dry and scaly. By using the natural products it does not add to the oiliness of the T area so it works on both things.

aliva
07-14-2008, 09:11 PM
Washing can be done with cleanser designed for combination skin type. Dry area needs frequent moisturizing, so do accordingly. If you use toner, dilute it with water before application.

Starchild47
07-15-2008, 07:30 PM
With combination skin and sensitive skin to boot, I also have to be careful and use gentle products on my skin so I don't break out in a rash or itch. I try to use products for the oily areas that work but are also not real abrasive to the skin. Same on the dry areas as well. It can be sort of tough to figure out the exact combination that works for you. You will probably need to do some experimentation to find what works.

clearskin
08-31-2008, 06:28 PM
The combination skin should be cared for as if it is a combination of two different skin types. Care for the dry part of the skin using the guidelines provided for dry skin. The oily part of the skin should be cared for using the guidelines for oily skin.

Gently cleanse and lubricate the dry skin with home-made cold or moisturizing creams regularly. The oily part need to be deeply cleansed and toned with regular application of home-made astringents. Both the dry and greasy areas need moisturizing.

Essential Oils for Combination Skin

Use essential oils for oily skin on the greasy patches and oils for normal skin on the rest of the face area.

MasqueFreak
09-24-2008, 03:54 AM
I have combination skin and it can be frustrating. I tend to have breakouts around the forehead and chin yet having pigmentation on my cheeks.

One product I have found to even out this condition is marine seaweed. This is one miracle product for me. My drier areas are more hydrated and the oilier areas are matte. Highly recommended!