PDA

View Full Version : Things work best for fading pigmentation

irahat
05-04-2010, 06:17 AM
Look for creams and serums that contain Vitamin C, Green Teas, Liquorice, Kojic Acid, Mulberry Leaf extract, Paper Mulberry, Arbutin. All of these have the ability to inhibit tyrosinase, modify the melanin pigment or have an anti free radical effect, thus having an effect on pigmentation. And of course a SUN BLOCK!

green123
05-06-2010, 02:02 PM
Excess production of melanin causes pigmentation.Licorice extract can be a treatment but the skin should not be exposed to sunlight.

Shankara
01-31-2011, 10:27 PM
Fade hyperpigmentation naturally by using a non-toxic microdermabrasion kit. Keep in mind that it will take six one month treatments to see a big result. Also, always avoid too much sun and use a very high number uva uvb full spectrum sunscreen daily to prevent further uneven tone. All the best to you.

lama
02-25-2011, 07:49 PM
@green123, can u elaborate more about licorice? I can't find much convincing info. want to try but skeptical.

y34963
02-25-2011, 11:54 PM
Here is more info on licorice extract. It is great for lightening.

ECOCERT certified organic extract of licorice roots (glycyrrhiza glabra). The extract contains glycyrrhetic acid & flavinoids that have anti-inflammatory, regenerative & antioxidant properties. Licorice extract can inhibit the melanogenesis and is thus used also as skin whiteningn agent. Amber liquid, characteristic odor. Water-soluble.

Always use a broad spectrum sun screen. I just can't say that enough. Even if you don't use anything else on your skin in the summer a sun screen in a must year round no matter where you live.

lama
02-27-2011, 06:39 AM
thanks y34936. i am about to buy licorice extract, so wanting more info. i guess i will use it, and update result .

lama
02-27-2011, 07:12 AM
I almost hit buy button, then just searched, umm. check this article guys! licorice got properties like steroid, can cause hypertension/ electrolyte imbalance.
http://medherb.com/Materia_Medica/Glycyrrhiza_-_Licorice_root_and_testosterone.htm
looks like I will be just using lemon and honey at the moment.

y34963
02-27-2011, 08:29 PM
Licorice root is perfectly save to use for skincare.

isabela
07-20-2011, 06:26 AM
i only used a skin lightening cream (********) or my pigmentation. it has faded already with just dad. and of course i also use sunblock and lemon juice as my mom always asked me to.

vencasand
07-20-2011, 12:47 PM
spam, spam, spam spam.

sampath
07-28-2011, 05:48 PM
Another option is vitamin E oils which are easily available. Lemon juice is another excellent remedy for blemishes. Apply plain lemon juice or even rub a cut lemon on your face for a few minutes daily and see results. You can even try adding some honey to the lemon juice and apply it to the face.

Shalini
08-10-2011, 09:10 AM
I used Superfade Face for fading pigmentation on my face and it worked wonders. I began using the product after I read a review about it in a magazine. I bought it from my local chemist a few days later and after a few weeks of use i noticed a dramatic difference. I suspect it should work of melasma as the box says it fades brown blemishes but maybe check with the company or your pharmacist.

letty
07-18-2012, 12:03 PM
true. Vitamin C , hydroquinone and silicon sheets are the most important ingredients to look for while searching a product in this case. I'd suggest you should try invicible scars. I've used it and i'm pretty confident about it.

letty
07-19-2012, 12:01 PM
true. Vitamin C , hydroquinone and silicon sheets are the most important ingredients to look for while searching a product in this case. I'd suggest you should try invicible scars. I've used it and i'm pretty confident about it.

oh i'm sorry for being mistaken. I copied the ingredients incorrectly. invicible has VITAMIN C,SILICONE GEL,Aloe Vera, Essential Fatty Acids, and Licorice Extract and not hydroquinone

zhazha
08-15-2012, 12:36 PM
Has Anyone here tried invicible scars for fading pigmentation ?

amina
08-28-2012, 06:25 AM
Invicible has reportedly been very effective for fading hyper-pigmentation. I've seen consumers who are using it for this purpose. I used it for fading my acne scars and now i'm using it as a moisturizer. Invicible scars is definitely worth trying

zhazha
09-17-2012, 12:30 PM
Bought inviCible a week ago and i'm regularly using it. Hope it treats me same as it treated you :)

aaronhaz
09-19-2012, 06:05 PM
Try Senté Dermal Repair Cream which has been shown to decrease malasma and gradually lighten the skin. I personally love the product.

projectskin
09-20-2012, 12:09 PM
reverse by rodan and fields works wonderful for fading skin pigmentations.

yogagirl
09-27-2012, 07:03 PM
Licorice root is perfectly save to use for skincare.

yes i agree, Licorice extract is a safe lightening and brightening product. Simply put, it reduces inflammation in the skin, restoring a bright even toned skin tone. Inflammation is what triggers melanin production in the first place, making the skin darker, especially for men and women of color.

yogagirl
09-27-2012, 07:10 PM
yes i agree, Licorice extract is a safe lightening and brightening product. Simply put, it reduces inflammation in the skin, restoring a bright even toned skin tone. Inflammation is what triggers melanin production in the first place, making the skin darker, especially for men and women of color.

forgot to mention the wonderful fading product I'm using called OneTone skin lightening serum. It's by omicskincare . Serums feel really nice on the skin and they absorb and dry quickly. Its become a favorite in my book.

Doracollis03
09-28-2012, 12:38 PM
Liquorice or licorice is the root of Glycyrrhiza glabra from which a somewhat sweet flavor can be extracted. The liquorice plant is a legume (related to beans and peas) that is native to southern Europe and parts of Asia. It is not botanically related to anise, star anise, or fennel, which are the sources of similar flavouring compounds. The word 'liquorice'/'licorice' is derived (via the Old French licoresse), from the Greek γλυκύρριζα (glukurrhiza), meaning "sweet root",from γλυκύς (glukus), "sweet" + ῥίζα (rhiza), "root", the name provided by Dioscorides.

withavision
02-07-2013, 06:01 PM
A good diet and plenty of water is where you need to start .... along with a daily lightening regime that you work on every single day.

Some good natural ingredients consist of yogurt, lemon juice, bananas, tomato juice, fullers earth clay, honey, powdered milk, rose water .... etc

The beauty of lightening your skin with these ingredients is that they leave your skin feeling great and much younger, unlike the bleaching products that contain chemicals. Also, by mixing up your own natural recipes, you are going to save a TON of money, because these recipes can be made for literally pennies.

Coming up with a solid plan of action, laying it all out in the beginning is going to be very key. Knowing every day what you are going to work on and do a head of time will ensure that you keep up with this daily.

niceskin
05-31-2013, 03:48 PM
forgot to mention the wonderful fading product I'm using called OneTone skin lightening serum. It's by omicskincare . Serums feel really nice on the skin and they absorb and dry quickly. Its become a favorite in my book.

It's amazing! One of my coworkers recommended it and I gave it to one of my girl friends and it's really made a difference! Definitely worth the investment.

angelicamason
08-11-2013, 12:29 PM
I use invicible scars. It works really well for fading out pigmentation.

kevinkrieger
01-15-2014, 06:34 AM
I apply yogurt and lemon juice that lightens my skin and make it smooth.

Melissa
01-15-2014, 12:54 PM
I think "apple cider vingar" is a best solution to get rid of pigmentation..!!