PDA

View Full Version : Skin Care for Dry Skin

freeskincaretip
04-23-2010, 06:18 AM
Dry skin most often occurs on the shins, hands and sides of the abdomen. It is more common in winter season as the humidity of the air is very low. It can also be due to some hereditary conditions. Amongst the older people it is most common as their skin condition changes drastically. A proper care or treatment of these types of skin is very much important. Dry skin can lead to dermatitis, a more severe inflammation of the skin.

The dry skin care can be prevented by following the steps mentioned below.

1. Always take a bath with cold water, avoid warm water for having bath.
2. Avoid having longer baths; limit your bath duration for 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Make a habit to apply Moisture right after having taken the bath.
4. Use Moisturizing body soap and hand soap for use.
5. Using heavier creams or ointments during the winter months and lighter lotions in the summer.

This dry skin is mostly seen in people living in colder conditions where the humidity of air is too low. A proper humidity in air is necessary for the skin to be soft and healthy. So first step for all who have a dry skin or those who live in colder regions is to have a proper moisturizing cream to be applied on your skin.The next you have to do is to make an habit of taking bath shorter and with normal cold waters, avoid using warm water for bathing.

Sometime this condition of dry skin looks to be quite small for you but many a ties it may be quite painful for you. So for those who need a good shiny and healthy skin one must take care of them from less humid conditions. And for those who have this problem hereditary is to go for all time care of it. Because a good and healthy skin makes your body breathe healthy.

jennie455
04-23-2010, 10:45 AM
Great Tips on skincare regime for a dry skin. I would like to add more on this topic which i read.

There could be various causes for dry skin. It is suggested to limit water contact and essentially refrain from using warm water - use lukewarm water when unavoidable. Avoid using harsh soaps as they take away skin moisture.Using bath oils ,skin gels, soap - free products will make sure that you don't loose the moisture you've got.
Add primrose oil or flax seed oil to your diet to get the best results for your skin.

Kat
05-07-2010, 01:33 AM
It is worth noting that dry" skin can be symptomatic of other conditions. For example, psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis. If you suspect your dry skin is out of the norm it's important to check with your doctor.

Otherwise the best tip for dry skin on the body which I ever received is to wash with Silcock's Base instead of shower gel.

emmawatson
06-02-2010, 08:34 AM
Dry skin has a low level of sebum and can be prone to sensitivity. The skin has a parched look caused by its inability to retain moisture. It usually feels "tight" and uncomfortable after washing unless some type of moisturizer or skin cream is applied. Chapping and cracking are signs of extremely dry, dehydrated skin.
Dryness is exacerbated by wind, extremes of temperature and air-conditioning, all of which cause the skin to flake, chap and feel tight. This type of skin is tightly drawn over bones. It looks dull, especially on the cheeks and around the eyes. There may be tiny expression lines on these spots and at the comers of the mouth.

koydranreb
11-22-2011, 03:28 AM
Drink more water, eat more fruits and vegetables. Get a Humidifier for your place. Take more baths and use oil in the water.

daisygrace
11-23-2011, 05:51 AM
thanks..
this is a very good tips.

paulspnao
12-21-2011, 04:43 AM
Dry skin can be uncomfortable and unattractive. Dry skin has a low level of sebum and can be prone to sensitivity. Thanks for share great information, that helps to care of dry skin.

Rach
05-15-2012, 06:12 AM
avoid cold windy days during autumn and winter...my 2cents

hemantlatawa
07-20-2013, 10:14 AM
Avoid using any commercial soap. And always touch your face gently.
you should be careful to not consume the types of liquids that lead to dehydration, with alcohol and caffeine being the chief offenders. Go for unscented, soap-free, or mild soap cleansers instead of harsh cleansers.

Emma Brown
07-31-2013, 12:36 PM
For facial dry skin, never ever wash face with soap. Always use a face wash and stick to it. Don't use pimple prone face washes because they tend to dry up the skin. Use a moisturizing face lotion after every wash.

john miller
08-05-2013, 09:16 AM
Dry skin is a normal problem in winter season generally because of the low humidity and improper care. This problem can affect in any age group. By dry skin there are some side effects that can be occurs like:
1. Rashes
2. Cuts
3. Itching
4. Dryness
5. Sores
For avoiding it or reducing this problem we can acquire some precautions like:
1. Regular Bath (one or two time in a day)
2. Protect yourself from Sun through moisturizers
3. Use some facials especially for Dry Skins like: Enzyme Mask facial etc.

anneyauster
09-06-2013, 09:12 AM
Skip long, hot showers. Hot water strips oils from the skin faster than warm water. Long showers or baths actually result in dried out skin. Try to limit yourself to a single 5- or 10-minute warm shower or bath a day.
Use a gentle cleanser or shower gel with moisturizer. Go for unscented, soap-free, or mild soap cleansers instead of harsh cleansers.
Moisturize while skin is moist. Pat your skin with a towel after you shower or wash your face or hands, leaving it damp. Apply a moisturizer within three to five minutes of washing to lock moisture in your skin.

deryoy
09-10-2013, 02:37 AM
This is a good post, a detailed description of the dry skin, it is worth to understand

anneyauster
10-01-2013, 06:28 AM
Run a wash cloth under hot water and immediately press it onto your face.
Wash your hands well with an antibacterial soap.
Get 2 tablespoons of sugar and 2 tablespoons of water.
After you wash your face, get about 10 drops of lemon juice on your hands.

rechal
10-04-2013, 01:46 PM
Mix a few drops of essential oil with carrier oils. And apply this mixture before going to bed ,before going to bed. You can add a few drops of oil to your cream and apply it regularly. Apply Aloe-Vera extract before having a shower.This will surely improve your skin.

Mostafa mohib
10-07-2013, 12:27 AM
Great tips ! thank you , i will try it ;)

Allendawson
10-14-2013, 11:09 AM
These tips for dry skin are very nice. A rich fibrous diet and Vitamin C rich fruits are also good for skin.

Sharon Gomez
12-18-2013, 10:39 AM
I think people with dry skin have to take diet and fruits with abandon amount of vitamin C and should drink plenty of water everyday.

Terry
12-31-2013, 08:11 AM
Drink more water and eat healthy food. Keep moisture in your skin because it is the only reason for dry skin so use a moisturizer which suits your skin type.

kevinkrieger
01-20-2014, 11:24 AM
Thanks Guys for sharing your helpful safe tips.

Melissa
01-21-2014, 08:37 AM
There are few tips to get rid of dry skin:

1) Do not use tap water while cleansing a dry skin.

2) Apply a spray of mineral water on your skin every morning and clean your skin with towel gently.

3) Do not use soap on your skin because mostly soaps contain harmful alcohol.

4) apply a air-excluding moisturizer, it will keep your skin hydrated.

5) Don't put any heavy creams on the thin skin directly surrounding your eyes, because they will cause the skin to puff up.

ChristinaRose
03-12-2014, 01:09 AM
I think fresh water is better for washing the face than mineral water .. because we don't know what minerals they use ... But using homemade soaps shouldn't be an issue.

For dry skin, using oils like Jojoba, Sweet Almond or even Avocado for moisturizing is a great idea.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Emily Kristina
05-06-2014, 05:32 AM
The other major cause of dry skin is dehydration. So drink at least 10 glasses of water in a day. When your body will get hydrated you will get rid of dry skin. And healthy diet is also important for beautiful skin.

rechal
05-14-2014, 09:53 AM
Massage helps you to cure the skin. Skin, muscles are required to turn. Hence, it's better to get the message therapy. A variety of massage techniques are available such as Hot Stone Therapy, Medical Massage, Reflexology massage, Sports massage, Orthopedic Massage, Lymph Drainage, etc. Many women struggles to find the therapy center in a nearby location.

hadley
06-16-2014, 07:28 PM
I like to lather my body in with Vaseline to keep the dry skin at bay.

Carolsue22
06-21-2014, 10:10 PM
for facial dry skin avoid foaming cleansers and use a milk type cleanser. For dry patches of skin consider jojoba oil. Also patches of dry skin can also be symptoms of other skin irritations.

Carolsue22
06-21-2014, 10:34 PM
good for you - you know great skin in your 40s start with a good skin care program beginning in your 20s. My suggestion would be to cleanse, tone, moisturize/protect. Occasionally use an exfoliate. At your age there shouldn't be a need to start using anti-aging ingredients like Retionol. Also dont overdo to the skin care products keep it simple and consistent and your skin will reward you. Lastly, know your skin type and use the products meant for your skin type.

Emily Kristina
06-27-2014, 06:07 AM
Skin gets dry when our body gets dehydrated. So, drink 10 glasses of water in a day to stay hydrated. It will also bring glow to skin.

chessi52571
06-27-2014, 09:47 AM
very informative sharing thanx

stevex
08-01-2014, 05:03 AM
In the winter season it is very hard to bath with cold water . so use best quality of moisture to keep your skin soft.

Pantherkaur
08-21-2014, 11:43 AM
Use best products for make-up
Avoid Shop on face
Use face wash lotion to wash face
Apply moisturizer after every wash
Add fruits in your diet.

marclewis
08-27-2014, 04:43 AM
Protect your skin from the sun and drink more water.

Pantherkaur
08-27-2014, 06:38 AM
Use good quality of facewash and Avoid using soap.
Drink plenty of water.
Apply fruit pulp on face it would help you to moisture you skin.

shasha
09-02-2014, 03:37 PM
You are what you eat - eat the right food... like veggies and fruits
- drink a lot of water to flush our toxins.
- be careful and wary of cosmetics you apply to your skin

Anayah Amber
09-23-2014, 12:42 PM
thanks to share this but on my point of view Vaseline is best for all the things :)

restbits
10-03-2014, 11:09 PM
Drink more water, eat more fruits and vegetables. Get a Humidifier for your place. Take more baths and use oil in the water.

Oil in water? Seriously? It's the first time I heard of it. For dry skin, I only use moisturizing lotions.

katty78
11-12-2014, 03:15 PM
This is how I have put a stop to my annoyingly dry & irritated skin
Daily a multivitamin once a day (make sure it contains B vitamins)
Drink plenty of water. I tend to look at the colour of my wee to see if i'm hydrated or not.
Use purechimp super body cream
Increased omega 3 in my diet. You could always use a supplement.
Purchased a humidifier for my bedroom.

dermatocare
01-21-2015, 01:10 PM
Nice Tips for Dry Skin,
I too have a dry skin, I will follow your guidance and lets see how it works for me.
Thanks

Audrey824
01-21-2015, 08:02 PM
thanks to share this but on my point of view Vaseline is best for all the things :)

My own skin reacts adversely to vaseline -- must be because it petroleum-based oil similar to mechanics grease and lubricants (LOL). It makes my skin drier and I get eruptions of summer and winter sores. I use organic coconut oil instead for my skin and hair and don't use anymore store-bought soaps, shampoos and moisturizers.

AndrewWilliams
02-26-2015, 07:56 PM
simply use "DOVE" - It really works, especially for the DRY Skin

Clear60
03-07-2015, 06:39 AM
DOVE in my case leaves my skin more dry. I prefer natural moisturizers.

Deery1979
03-12-2015, 11:47 PM
So here is a DIY easy hack for dry skin that works better than most of the beauty products for dry skin and it is totally natural. It will not only help you get rid of dry skin but it will also make your skin soft and glowing. You need freshly extracted lemon juice, rose water and glycerine( easily available at pharmacy). Mix equal amounts of glycerine and rose water. 60ml of rose water and glycerine can last up to 2 months. Now mix 1/3 amount of lemon juice of this whole mixture. Keep this mixture in a bottle and for long term use, keep it in refrigerator. You can use it overnight in place of your night cream. You can also apply it 2 to three times a day. In just few days you'll feel the amazing difference.

James C. Picket
04-03-2015, 07:01 AM
hiii...
these all tips sounds good.. And i like to add one more tip along with this, which i know... For dry skin you can also use Olive oil, it contains many antioxidants and healthy fatty acids which are good for your skin.It will soften and condition your skin.

Goosman
04-15-2015, 04:03 PM
This is how I have put a stop to my annoyingly dry & irritated skin
Daily a multivitamin once a day (make sure it contains B vitamins)
Drink plenty of water. I tend to look at the colour of my wee to see if i'm hydrated or not.
Use purechimp super body cream
Increased omega 3 in my diet. You could always use a supplement.
Purchased a humidifier for my bedroom.

AnnieAdolph
05-16-2015, 08:45 AM
Yes I agree with you #heman

Clear60
06-12-2015, 06:04 AM
Good DIY formula @Deery1979. Thank you for sharing the info.

eugenixskin
03-05-2016, 10:58 AM
Best natural moisturizing agents for dry skin is coconut oil. Coconut oil is rich with vitamin E that will helps protecting your skin from lateral damages apart application form moisturizing and keeping it soft and nourished. Another natural mixture that act as an effective moisturizer for dry skin is really a mi blend of avocado and lime juice.

lisa fletcher
03-28-2016, 07:05 AM
Easing your dry skin isn't just about what you put on it. It also depends on how you clean your skin, the air around you, and even your clothes.
Try these tips to soothe your dry skin.
1. Warm Yes, Hot No.
A steamy shower feels good, but that hot water is not a good idea for your dry skin.
2. Cleanse Gently.
Wash with a soapless cleanser when you shower.Gentle soaps that are free of fragrance are a great option. Products with deodorant or antibacterial additives can be harsh on skin.
3.Cover Up.
Sun damage is one of the main causes behind dry skin, wrinkles, and roughness. You can help prevent that damage by wearing a broad-spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen year-round and dressing right.
4. Follow the Rules of Moisturizing.
The simplest moisturizing products can soothe dry skin Or you can use mineral oil, a favorite cream, or lotion.

lisa fletcher
04-05-2016, 04:20 AM
To treat it properly, it's important to know what's causing dry skin. Our skin contains a natural layer of oils. Without these moisturizing oils, skin is prone to cracking, itching and flaking.

Treating dry summer skin starts with knowing how to retain the oils on your skin. Whether you have dry skin in a few spots or excessive scaling, relief from the effects of the warm summer air is within reach.

Always Keep skin hydrated: Up your regimen’s level of hydration with intensive masques, perfect for use one to two times a week. Boosters are a great fit, working best when layered underneath a moisturizer. Toners are a refreshing moisturizer prep, working to even out skin porosity. Tip: Refresh with a revitalizing toner spritz at your desk, in the car, at the gym, on the plane!

lisa fletcher
04-11-2016, 06:12 AM
I don't actually have a dry skin but some of the areas on my face and body are very dry and I am sure the above listed tips are really going to help me with this. Thanks for sharing this.

josephinep
04-18-2016, 06:09 PM
Thanks for sharing useful and interesting skin care tips for dry skin.

Regular application of face masks that are specially made for dry skin helps to fight with the problem to a great extent. Avocado and Honey Face Mask for Dry Skin. Avocado moisturizes dry skin.

katheryngumb
11-16-2016, 03:21 AM
Great tips, Thank you for sharing.

AshleySawyer
04-19-2017, 10:05 AM
I agree with you. I drink lots of water to keep my self hydrated internally and use Shea Butter Lotion from LO'cittane and Aloe Vera mask from IBeautylabs. Both are very moisturizing. I never use hot water. That causes a lot of dryness.

Alinn Smith
05-04-2017, 07:16 AM
Dry skin is among those medical conditions which have affected everyone’s life.. It can vary from the changing of the seasons, water, the sun, heat, and even the air. Therefore, here is something important and helpful in treating the problem, as per the cause. Have a look;

1) Moisture-Robbing Soaps - Those harmful soaps cause greater damage to your skin. Hence, it is recommended using a mild and fragrance-free soap which not only cleanses, but it also moisturises.

2) Harsh Skin Treatment - You need to go soft on your skin. Even when scrubbing or exfoliating, makes sure you use soft hands or a soft washcloth instead. All you need to do is clean it as abrasive sponges would do, without roughing up your skin. Be careful and safe.

If dry and red skin is the reason behind dry skin, see your doctor to discover and treat the problem. If it is psoriasis or scabies, the solution lies in taking a medication or using a prescription cream like Dr. Scabies, at the earliest.http://www.drnumb.com/blog/different-ways-treat-dry-skin-problem/

glitch
07-25-2017, 06:22 AM
I use baby johnson milk bath then use a yoko spa milk salt and coconut oil it really works specially if you have a keratosis pilaris

San
07-30-2017, 03:05 AM
i like gold bond lotion

suruchipurimake
07-22-2018, 06:34 AM
Dry pores and skin may appear easy, but it’s a complicated subject matter. Making it even more complicated are the contradictory findings about dry skin in endless scientific journals. But regardless of the differing, overly technical info found in the ones research, there are primary, though crucial points of unanimous agreement.

The primary is that skin’s floor layers have between 10% to 30% water content, and preserving this degree of hydration is notably important. The second one fact is that intact skin does a far higher task of holding hydration than impaired pores and skin.

Without query, hydrated pores and skin is beautiful to behold. When pores and skin is properly moisturized, it’s flexible and supple, each hallmarks of more youthful pores and skin. Ordinary hydration also permits pores and skin to hold and sustain the herbal substances it is based on to maintain it wholesome-looking and visibly protected from terrible environmental influences.

Pinkwords
07-25-2018, 02:32 PM
I have friend who will DIY her own fruit mask - ie peach or cucumber. She says is quite moisturizing but i find it quite 'rich' for my face as my skin belongs to oily type.

What I do now is to do a clay mask at home - once a week or put on old tea bag on my eyes to give a relaxing rest.