PDA

View Full Version : What can you say about vain men?

chinee
04-19-2010, 11:52 AM
I have a guy friend who are really vain, He takes a bath trice a day. But you know he is really handsome and very clean. I kept on asking him if he's a gay? He said no. But I still have doubt about it. He seems too conscious about how he looks like, his figure and how he smells and so and so. Do straight men really this vain?

vencasand
04-19-2010, 01:29 PM
he might have a little ocd(obsessive compulsive disorder) it sounds also instead of being vain he is very insecure with himself. even guys can get carried away with their looks. tell him it is more important who you are instead of how you look.

y34963
04-19-2010, 04:54 PM
Oh yes, straight men can be very vain as well. We really shouldn't knock the men as us women are probably 10 times worse. :)

I find more lawyers, doctors, etc. take more care in the appearance. The rugged type, like tradesmen, engineers, etc. are still very clean and all but wouldn't get a manicure if the life depended on it!!

As far as showering twice a day I know a lot of men and women who do this. It depends on their jobs and if they workout, etc. Shower in the morning to wake up and a shower after work/or working out because the are smelly - I see nothing vain about that.

Plus, I don't know about you but I love some of that cologne men wear!!

Elena K
09-27-2010, 10:47 PM
there is a very subtle line between being vein and caring about your appearance.