PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant Exercise

chinee
03-29-2010, 10:17 AM
What exercise can a pregnant women do? Will you please help me because I'm so desperate to know. Maybe you could share your own experience about being pregnant and the exercise/s that you did during your pregnancy.

vencasand
03-29-2010, 02:37 PM
i know pregnant woman can do yoga and stretching excercises. i hear the excercises actually help relax you and prepare you for the birth. do you know anyone who does yoga? start with simple yoga routine. if the person is an expert ask her about the pregnancy excercises.

y34963
03-29-2010, 03:48 PM
Walking is great. It is very relaxing you can go as slow or as fast as your body tells you do. When I was pregnant I started out doing 8 to 10K. As time went on I slowed down to a waddle and only was doing around 3 to 5K by the time my baby was born but it really helped keep the weight down and kept my mood up.

Walking provides you with fresh air, keeps your emotions stable and is free!! If you have a dog it is better as they love to go for walks.

Take care,

paulspnao
10-12-2011, 05:37 AM
It's best to check with your doctor before starting any exercise program. If your doctor approves, you can start exercising at a level that does not cause pain, shortness of breath or excessive tiredness. You may then slowly increase your activity. If you feel uncomfortable, short of breath or very tired, you should reduce your exercise level. If you have already been exercising, it's easier to keep exercising during pregnancy.