PDA

View Full Version : man (30) very oily skin

humabrom
03-27-2010, 12:39 PM
I am a man (30) with very oily skin.

I get lots of spots all over my face / body daily and blackheads on my nose.

My current routine is to shower every morning and use an antibacterial shower gel, a Clinique face scrub and gel based moisturiser. I also use Oxy 10 in the evening which I find dries out the problem areas.

Can anyone recommend brands (I am UK based) and routines to try?

Thank you

Kay
03-28-2010, 03:28 AM
humabrom, have you tried the Simple range? You can get it at any high street pharmacy like Boots. Tesco used to carry it as well. From what I remember Oxy 10 can be fairly harsh on the skin. It may be better to try a gentler hypoallergenic range instead.

I'd suggest you go to Boots or any chemist store or pharmacy counter. Ask to speak to the pharmacist and see what they recommend you try (not just the counter assistant). Chemists are great for recommending products, especially the small private ones. I used them many times instead of going to the dr.

Don't rule that out though! Your doctor will help you too so consider making an appointment. They may feel you need a prescription based medication rather than an over-the-counter treatment, so why not give them the chance to assess your needs.

For blackheads on the nose, Biore makes pore strips which are specifically for that. I've used them myself and they were great. I know you can get pore strips in the UK because I did when I was there but am not sure if it was that brand. Again, try Boots or Tesco. I was a big Boots fans when I was there. :) Hope that helps!

Rene Greenwald
03-30-2010, 03:45 AM
Not sure if it's available in the UK but you could try accutane. It did wonders for my skin. I heard about it in the video (see below) and asked my doctor about it. It wasn't his first choice cause it can be rough on the skin, but it did work wonders.

[ Link Under Review ]

minervagraham
03-30-2010, 07:06 AM
Humabrom I would suggest you try Noevir Clay Masque.It dries out in less than 5mins and is natural. You'll surley get it on *********** and you can ask for a shipment. Use greatskin as an invite code if you'd like to have a look. Alternatively apply a paste of fresh mint leaves, lime juice and a pinch of salt daily over the face for around 20 mins. This should help control oil secretion by the skin.

ktm
05-05-2010, 11:01 AM
To remove the oiliness from your skin,just do cleansing day by day.And wash your face when you come back from outside.And use more additional products that dry your skin too much and remove oil from your skin.Tea tree oil facial scrub is the product that help man to remove the oiliness from the skin.
If you clean your face daily just add or use extra product that dry your skin,And one thing that is most important is choose your product that will suit you.

Kat
05-07-2010, 01:56 AM
Hm. Have you always had this issue? I get that you have oily skin but please be careful that you are not over-stimulating the glands. You dont need to use a scrub every day at all. Do you have sensitive skin on your face i.e. prone to redness or soreness or are you quite pale? If yes to any of these here's what I suggest:
-Cut the scrub down to once a week.
-Use a facial wash specifically made for sensitive skin every evening (use a woman's if necessary like the Simple brand that was posted above - it's scentless)
-In the morning just wash your face with water in the shower or shower gel at a push (or assuming you shave that's enough and skip the moisturiser
-Stop using the Oxy 10

Do this for a week and your skin will start to rebalance. It is way out of kilter at the moment.

dale91
05-28-2010, 06:58 AM
I am a man (30) with very oily skin.

I get lots of spots all over my face / body daily and blackheads on my nose.

My current routine is to shower every morning and use an antibacterial shower gel, a Clinique face scrub and gel based moisturiser. I also use Oxy 10 in the evening which I find dries out the problem areas.

Can anyone recommend brands (I am UK based) and routines to try?

Thank you

Hi there..Im not much into men's skin care but my hubby said i have to post this (he is proud of his soft, young looking skin :D): Cleanse, Tone and Moisturize...he follows that in that order

1st: Cleanser: Lily Organics Sensitive facial cleanser
2nd: Toner: Lily Organics Balancing Facial Toner
3rd: Moisturizer: (HIS FAVORITE) Seven Facial Rejuvenating Oil Treatment (Re-knits collagen and reduces wrinkles and the appearance of dry lines)
and for late night, he uses LA Mer...

emmawatson
06-02-2010, 07:19 AM
Contrary to popular belief, oily skin can be good: some say that oily skin type will be slightly more resistant to wrinkling and discoloring. The bad news? Treatment for oily skin is still needed. With oily skin, you may have more problems with acne, blackheads, large pores, and overall shininess.

beautylily
05-12-2011, 06:07 AM
This product from Japan may help you, use the Sassou goldwaver soap, then use the goldwaver toner. This should be pretty good for very oily skin, but if you notice that your skin starts becoming less oily, you should switch to the essence, cause our skin changes constantly depending on the weather and our condition:
here's the link, it ships to the UK, I personally love their products!
[url removed]