PDA

View Full Version : Pimples During Pregnancy

chinee
03-26-2010, 01:28 PM
I am four months pregnant now with pimples problem. I wonder why a new pimple appearing almost daily in every part of my body? Is that part of the hormonal change? How can I help myself to avoid it or to lessen it?

y34963
03-26-2010, 09:39 PM
I would think it is hormonal change. Being pregnant does all sorts of things to our bodies. You may have to change your skin care products as now that your skin has changed. I would suggest washing with a good ph cleanser made for acne one with tea tree in it should help. Check out the moisturizers with tea tree oil as well. Tea Tree is great for acne prone skin and is something you can use when you are pregnant. Stay away from any heavy foundations, if you wear make use a good mineral make up. There are many out there to chose from.

irahat
05-04-2010, 05:50 AM
There's no way to prevent the problem, but here are some tips that may help:

* Wash gently with a mild soap or cleanser twice a day.
* Don't scrub your face with a washcloth, since that can irritate the skin and make the problem worse. Instead, use your hands to gently wash your face.
* Pat your skin dry rather than rubbing it.
* If you use moisturizer, make sure it's oil-free.
* Don't squeeze, rub, or pop your pimples – it'll aggravate the problem and could lead to scarring.
* If you wear makeup, use products that are water-based rather than oil-based and that are labeled "noncomedogenic" or "nonacnegenic," meaning they won't clog your pores and cause breakouts. Be sure to wash your makeup off thoroughly before going to bed, too.
* Ask your doctor or midwife before using medicated gels or lotions. A number of over-the-counter and prescription products help clear up acne, but some of the ingredients aren't safe for pregnant women or haven't been well studied in pregnancy. If your acne is severe, you may need to see a dermatologist.

green123
05-06-2010, 02:19 PM
During pregnancy a woman's body gets through a lot of changes due to hormonal changes.You should avoid eating very oily food and drink lots of water and follow the instructions of your gynecologist.Your skin will look better and pimples will reduce as the pregnancy progresses.

Charlie
07-22-2010, 10:03 AM
Unfortunately theres not a lot you can do for 2 reasons,
1. Because your hormone levels are high which would be causing it
2. You have a lot of blood now that you are pregnant which makes your skin oilier and makes you sweat more which causes pimples.

You can still use face washes, most things you buy off the shelf you can use but if you are unsure check with your doctor first, but the face wash will only help it probably won't get rid of it.

It sucks doesnt it.
Good Luck though anyways and congrats on the little one.

Charlie
08-04-2010, 10:26 AM
Hello
basically this is normal it happenes in that period.
but we can reduce that not finished.
and that happenes because of energy.try to avoid that.
take some drinks which should be cool or try to give to your body
coolness and heating places or heavy diet

thanks

SecretB5StopsAc
08-24-2011, 06:37 AM
It is common that certain amounts of changes are brought about in your body when you are going through pregnancy. This situation is very common since pregnant women experience unstable hormonal changes. Drinking enough water will dilute the hormones in your body that causes the acne breakouts.