PDA

View Full Version : Causes of hair loss or hair fall

skincare
07-09-2008, 05:57 PM
Before answering the question "how to stop/prevent hair loss/fall?", let us find out what are the causes of this problem? I do believe that prevention is better than cure.

Based on my research, one of the causes of hair loss is lack of proper nutrition.

Please feel free to add some causes you know.

annran
07-09-2008, 06:17 PM
genes...

bad shampoos and hair products...

I lost a lot after a particular dye job..

post partum...

alice
07-09-2008, 09:55 PM
I have experienced hair loss due to dandruff. I never had any such problem earlier and eat a well-balanced diet.

My only problem is dandruff that is giving me a continuous hair fall.:sick:

skincare
07-10-2008, 04:38 AM
Really Alice? I never heard like that before. It is maybe because of the fungi in your hair.

One of the causes of hair loss is the medicine that you are taking like birth control pills and antidepressants.

lilabytes
07-12-2008, 08:08 AM
Actually, I agree with Alice. There is a commercial in our country about the relationship of hairfall and dandruff. They say that those who suffer from hair fall usually have dandruff but it doesn't always mean though that when you have dandruff then you also suffer from falling hair.

aliva
07-15-2008, 08:58 PM
Hair falling may be the external manifestation of an internal disorder. Nutritional deficiency, anemia, liver and stomach disorders and general debility may lead to hair fall. Stress, unhygienic condition of scalp, hormonal imbalance, chronic illness, etc. may also cause hair falling.

beauty
10-19-2008, 09:05 AM
I think wearing helmet and using low graded shampoo and oil is the main reason for falling of hair and I also found that heredity is the main reason for falling of hair.

nlp18
10-23-2008, 04:34 PM
Yeah...! I too agree that, wearing of helmet gives hairfall. :confused: dust pollution during travel in roads, chlorinated water used for bathing, not using bitter sense in nutrition, etc gives hair fall. :omg:

annran
10-24-2008, 02:43 PM
I had a perm done 1 month ago, and my hair started breaking and falling at a real alarming rate- even postpartum it wasnt like that.
I may have written about this before- well I got the same hair oil again this week and glad to say I have only 5-10 hairs off my hair bands every morning. And much of the breakage is also reduced
Only thing is they hiked the price on that oil- :(
its on this site ww.HolisticSerums.com

I even applied on the hair, not scalp like I usually do- because it became so dry after the perm, the aussie 3minute miracle is really so much better than other conditioners, but still I could feel some parts dry and rough and brittle- so put the oil in those parts- and they feel stronger after 3-4 days.

No more perms! ever!!!!

Crazysah
03-21-2009, 11:39 AM
Bad shampoos, not taking care of hair, nutrition, diet, excessive use of straightners and all can contribute to the problem.

mjomha
04-02-2009, 03:48 PM
guys i heard that wearing a hat causes you hair to fall not sure if its a direct cause of hail loss but does it affect our hair?

icebreaker
04-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Some causes of hair loss or hair fall are frequent usage of hair gel and constant usage of shampoo containing strong chemicals.

brybry
04-09-2009, 01:11 AM
In my case, it was down to genetics. my father is bald, my grandfather was bald, my great grandfather was bald.. You see the pattern? I just couldn't fight it.. Ah! To have hair again ;)

sindhu_pec
07-04-2009, 04:55 PM
Massage soaked tea leaves or concentrated tea water on the scalp and leave on for about 10–15 minutes after shampoo. Regular washing of hair with tea extract twice a week helps in converting grey hair to black or brown.

sindhu_pec
07-05-2009, 02:48 PM
hot sun..
improper hair wash..
shampoo..
not applying oil..

elialfgey
12-07-2009, 07:18 AM
There are many reasons But I think these 2 reasons are very important.
Such as -
The first reason can be the thyroid secretions. The overactive or under active thyroid can result in the hair loss.

The other and the most typical reason leading cause contributing with your hair loss can be the deficient intake of minerals and vitamins..

vencasand
12-07-2009, 03:16 PM
best reason for hair loss is genetic! stress is a major cause and wearing your hair the same way for a very long time(like in a tight ponytail)your scalp needs to breath. some drugs cause hair loss. constantly wearing hats or wigs. working under certain types of lights can cause it also. diet, cleanliness, age,and life.