PDA

View Full Version : Need a change !

cleo
03-14-2010, 02:56 AM
Hi everyone !

I am on the hunt for a skin care line that will make my skin look and feel better. Right now I'm using Nivea. Its ok, but its not doing what I would like it to do. My skin is somewhat acne prone, its mostly oily, but I have some dry spots as well. I would like to start an anti aging regime as well. Basically I am tired of my skin looking tired and ruddy and just plain dull. I don't smoke, but I also don't always eat that great (I know that is huge with skin) There are so many products out there, that its difficult to know where to start, and I also don't want to be spending hundreds of dollars either. Any advice you guys could give would be muchly appreciated !!!:)
Thanks !!

y34963
03-14-2010, 08:48 PM
Hi Cleo and welcome,

I would recommend that you start with a good face wash, use a vitamin c serum in the morning and retin A in the evening. You can make your own vitamin c serum to cut down costs and in my opinion is as good or better than the ones on the market. Find a good moisturizer that your skin can tolerate. This is trial and error so buy small amounts or ask for samples until you find the right one. An eye gel, cream or serum is a must as well both in the day and evening.

If you decide to use retin-A work at it slowly. I would suggest using it every second night until you get used to it. You will have to get a prescription from your derm. This take a bit of time to show results but it is highly recommended by most people.

If you don't want to get a prescription you can use a retinol product which there are all kinds on the market. You will be able to find these in the department stores, drug stores, on line, etc. But only use these in the evening as it is not recommended to use when going out in the sun.

Exfoiliate your skin at least once a week. Doing this will take the dead skin off and help your products penetrate your skin for maximum results.

Last but not least, be sure to use a broad spectrum sun screen every day. Sunny or cloudy use it every day.

I make all my own skin care (everything but retin-A). I find it very comforting to know exactly what I am putting on my face and body. There are lots of sites that have recipes for anything you want to make. Just do a google search and of course we are always here to help as well.

minervagraham
04-27-2010, 05:55 AM
Try *********** for perfect recomendations. Use greatskin as an invite code.

maryf
05-05-2010, 09:08 PM
Hi everyone !

I am on the hunt for a skin care line that will make my skin look and feel better. Right now I'm using Nivea. Its ok, but its not doing what I would like it to do. My skin is somewhat acne prone, its mostly oily, but I have some dry spots as well. I would like to start an anti aging regime as well. Basically I am tired of my skin looking tired and ruddy and just plain dull. I don't smoke, but I also don't always eat that great (I know that is huge with skin) There are so many products out there, that its difficult to know where to start, and I also don't want to be spending hundreds of dollars either. Any advice you guys could give would be muchly appreciated !!!:)
Thanks !!

Let me throw in my 2 cents work. A friend of mine introduced me the Arbonne range (I don't know if I'm allowed to say that here). Given they are expensive they do however produce great results. We'll that's been my experience so far. If I could find something this good at half the price I'd be really happy.