PDA

View Full Version : Tanning Beds and Fresh Scars

ChrisV92
03-04-2010, 07:01 AM
Tanning Beds and Fresh Scar..??..........

Dr.Deepak
03-04-2010, 08:57 PM
It is suggested to avoid tanning for atleast 6 months to a year. As postsurgical scar are concerned it is better to consult your doctor for suggestion. Yea applying Sunscreen With atleast SPF 30+ with small towel piece covered to scar may work. Also applying silicone scar sheets over the area while tanning may work both as a treatment for scar and protective measure.

chinee
03-31-2010, 12:01 PM
Maybe you should postpone tanning yourself because it might do harm to your healing scar. It would be better to wait and let it heal first before doing some moves. Or I suggest you to consult your doctor about it , just to make sure that you will be safe and have a peace of mind.

y34963
04-13-2010, 03:54 PM
Personally, I think you should avoid tanning all together. If you want to look tanned there are some great lotions that will do that for you without harming your skin and your health.

lukav
05-04-2010, 08:51 PM
Personally, I think you should avoid tanning all together. If you want to look tanned there are some great lotions that will do that for you without harming your skin and your health.

I agree. Just avoid tanning.

If you absolutely have to do it then cover your scars. Generally speaking, scars should not be exposed to UV light and extreme temperatures (intense sunshine, sunbeds, saunas and extreme cold).

kmarie4
05-18-2010, 11:19 PM
I actually had surgery there as well and I am someone who goes to the tanning bed almost every day. I just used Band-Aids while I tanned and I would also recommend using Mederma skin cream daily as well.

vencasand
05-19-2010, 02:20 PM
if you keep tanning you will have to have more operations from cancer. my daughter laughed at me until she got 2 basil cell carcinoma's and had to have them removed. it was from the tanning bed because of where they were. no amount of creams you use are going to help from getting cancer.

AGELESSONE
05-20-2010, 04:49 AM
I actually had surgery there as well and I am someone who goes to the tanning bed almost every day. I just used Band-Aids while I tanned and I would also recommend using Mederma skin cream daily as well.

You will seriously regret doing this one day. I suggest stopping right now.

y34963
05-29-2010, 06:22 AM
Tanning beds are very dangerous for your health and you should stop using them immediately. Do your reseach before using any product. If the sun is bad for you it stands to reason so would tanning beds.

markylove
07-19-2010, 04:16 AM
You should listen to the majority.

Have you seek an advice to your doctor?
If your doctor have allowed you to do the tanning, there really is no problem if you'll go into the tanning bed.
If you'll do a thing that would make you happy, make sure you also have thought about what can it do to your body.

saveontans
11-12-2010, 10:06 AM
Nice question about tanning bed. Our clients expect only the best and they get it. Our salon is well kept and we personally clean and sanitize our beds immediately after every session. How about cold towels, water and an after-tan refresher basket? Always at Sunchain! And of course cool, comfortable and friendly to help make your experience unforgettable.

marclewis
09-02-2014, 11:34 AM
They are also good to reduce cholesterol and reduce stress. It reduces the skin's susceptibility to infections.