PDA

View Full Version : Why use surgery to lose weight?

daina
02-09-2010, 03:38 AM
I am always curious why someone will take the most drastic steps, with all the risks and expense when there are so many ways to do this for a very low cost, or for even NO cost? Just to anticipate some possible answers - surgery would probably be the fastest way.

vencasand
02-09-2010, 02:22 PM
i agree with you. i think too many people jump into surgery to lose weight but anytime you go under anesthesia you are taking a risk. i have seen many people lose weight with lap bands but i have also seen these same people gain weight later. it is not good to be overweight. i am and i know it, i accept it. people love me for who i am. i am not a glutton just don't seem to have any metabolism.

Melan O. Tan
02-10-2010, 03:05 AM
They go on the faster and instant way of losing weight, regardless of its expensiveness. Weight conscious relies now on surgery coz they think doing old methods will be harder and takes too long compared to surgery. The fact that many weight-losing products in the market that falsely claim guarantees or undertaking.

jhonny173
02-16-2010, 05:15 AM
some people found weight losing is near impossible because they cant sacrifice the food they really love to eat which is sometimes causes their weight gaining. and has been said its also because of time(most people always want an instant effect).