PDA

View Full Version : Does scar Removal cream work

catherine
01-31-2010, 05:59 PM
So what you think, Does scar Removal cream really works ?

Dr.Deepak
01-31-2010, 08:34 PM
Oh its a Million Dollar question.. haha.. Well there are many products claiming to be the best with some good testimonials ( some real and many fake ) But the real thing is " Scar can't be completely Removed". Some scar removal creams containing silicone, onion extract, vitamin E may reduce the appearance of the scar making it less visible but results may vary from person to person.

According to Drugstore.com here are top five scar removal products:

Mederma Skin Care for Scars-------------------------$26.99 for 1.76 oz (50 g)
Neosporin Scar Solution silicone scar sheets ----------$29.99 for 28 sheets
Scarguard Scarcare----------------------------------$59.99 for 1 fl oz (30 mL)
Curad Scar Therapy----------------------------------$15.79 for 21 pads
Vita-K Solution for Scars and Bruises------------------$10.31 for 2 oz (56 g)

catherine
02-02-2010, 08:16 AM
Which one u think the best silicone, onion extract or vitamin E ?

vencasand
02-02-2010, 02:13 PM
deepak of couse is right. nothing makes stretch marks and scars totally disappear but most scar creams fade the scar to make it blend well with your skin that they aren't as noticable. cocoa butter works well but i still haven't figured out why. mederma is the one that contains the onion extract that is more amazing to me how that works. you just have to try one until you find what works for you.

chris
02-08-2010, 02:22 AM
It depends on how bad it was and how long you let it go. I mean if you totally let yourself go and then expect some miracle cure to pull you back in a day .. good luck.

chris
02-08-2010, 02:25 AM
Oh its a Million Dollar question.. haha.. Well there are many products claiming to be the best with some good testimonials ( some real and many fake ) But the real thing is " Scar can't be completely Removed". Some scar removal creams containing silicone, onion extract, vitamin E may reduce the appearance of the scar making it less visible but results may vary from person to person.

According to Drugstore.com here are top five scar removal products:

Mederma Skin Care for Scars-------------------------$26.99 for 1.76 oz (50 g)
Neosporin Scar Solution silicone scar sheets ----------$29.99 for 28 sheets
Scarguard Scarcare----------------------------------$59.99 for 1 fl oz (30 mL)
Curad Scar Therapy----------------------------------$15.79 for 21 pads
Vita-K Solution for Scars and Bruises------------------$10.31 for 2 oz (56 g)

Sorry i missed this the first time i looked at this. Don't ask me how lol. But i agree. The brands are kind of surprising but good to know. thanks

marilynnsyrett
02-08-2010, 07:57 AM
Scars are not completely treatable. And the reason is that the internal tissues that have ben torn cannot be reversed. Scar removing creams only help to reduce the appearance and this of course depends on the skin type of the person and severity of the scar.

ceeport
02-10-2010, 01:18 PM
It is not enough to use only acne scar removal products, you should also apply homemade acne masks to get better results in a shorter time.

amina
10-05-2013, 03:09 PM
Go for invicible scars. You'll change your opinion for certain :p

anneyauster
10-09-2013, 10:25 AM
Time may heal all wounds, but the scars that remain can be unsightly, itchy, stiff and painful. Pharmacy aisles beckon with "clinically proven, doctor-recommended" scar products, and the Internet teems with anecdotes of different creams and elixirs that supposedly erase old scars or prevent new ones from forming.

kevinkrieger
11-14-2013, 05:02 AM
If you are planning to purchase a scar removal cream, consider other people’s opinion and your doctor's opinion. Strictly follow the directions regarding how to apply the cream.

zhazha
01-14-2014, 05:13 PM
It depends how lucky you are in terms of choosing a scar removal treatment.

Melissa
01-15-2014, 12:59 PM
Ye, it really works but first of all you need to go through ingredients and than effectiveness of the cream. I will suggest you Revitol scar removal cream. This one is really effective.

nina
01-29-2014, 05:30 PM
It'd depend upon your scar type. Usually fresh scars or less deep pitted ones are able to get rid of non surgical treatments. However, hypoallergenic scar therapy is great for all scar types, even pigmentation and spots.

Katrine
03-06-2014, 09:48 PM
Yes it works, you can try Pure Chimp Super Cream.

Emily Kristina
07-09-2014, 12:18 PM
I always prefer to go with natural remedies. Aloe vera is a wonder plant to treat all skin problems. It is a proven remedy to treat scars completely. Massage the affected area with aloe vera gel for 2-3 minutes twice daily. Leave for 15 minutes and than rinse off. Scars will start disappear within a month.

GuptaManisha
07-11-2014, 10:42 AM
Yes, scar removal creams do work.
your skin sometimes need extra care and pampering.

One of the best scar removal cream is in proactiv range of products.
you can get them online.

Also,
Bioderma and keracnyl cream are best for scar treatments.
you can get them in chemist.