PDA

View Full Version : i have a co-worker who is a tiny girl

vencasand
01-17-2010, 03:57 PM
she is 4foot 10 inches tall and she weighs about 90 to 95 lbs. she is 34 and has two boys. they were both big babies and her abdomen skin has stretched so badly that it is full of stretch marks and loose skin. she had c-sections with both boys because of her smallness. the youngest is 7 now and she still has not been able to get her loose skin to go back in place. she cannot afford plastic surgery. her muscles are tight because she excercises a lot but her skin just kind of hangs. she thinks she is fat but there is no fat on her. her skin has just lost elasticity. is there anything she can do other than plastic surgery? she cannot afford that.

Dr.Deepak
01-18-2010, 02:11 PM
So it could be due to the fact that she is over conscious about her fat and trying to loose weight too rapidly leading to loss of skin elasticity and stretch marks. well Laser and surgical treatment would be the better options, so if she can't afford it then she could try some changes in diets, though it is hard to recover the skin elasticity just by exercising and dieting.

Firstly there are many OTC stretch mark removal creams available or she can consult a dermatologist for prescription of retinoids,which might help for stretch mark but not completely.
So the reason her skin has lost elasticity has to be found out, may be due to inadequate diet or excessive potassium loss , if she is taking excessive caffeine(coffee..) and smoking, it should be reduced or better avoided.

Taking foods with rich in zinc,like nuts or fish; Rich in Vit-A and C, like carrots,citrus fruits and milk; protein-rich foods, such as eggs might help as it helps to form supporting fibers for the skin like collagen. Other additional options might be cocoa butter,soy protein and Aloe Vera,these helps tighten the skin. Take foods rich in Omega 3 fatty acids like fish. well if she can afford Laser therapy and minimal surgical or surgical there are many options.

vencasand
01-19-2010, 01:41 PM
deepak the reason for her skin elasticity is her pregnancies. both boys weighed over 8 lbs. she eats a lot of soy and veggies. i will tell her about the nuts. she eats carrots all the time also. she loves seafood, so i will tell her what you said. thank you. it has been bothering me that she diets and she is so tiny. thanks again.

Dr.Deepak
01-19-2010, 01:47 PM
Sure i'll try to find out if there are any possible cheap and easy methods besides surgery.

chinee
04-08-2010, 03:59 AM
Well, I think try to go sauna for it will help you to perspire a lot and lose or get rid of those excessive fats. Or you can buy home sauna , there are many available sauna in the market that are very affordable. About the stretch marks try to use The Body Shop cocoa butter moisturising stick or Palmer's cocoa butter for it is widely recommended for stretch marks during and after pregnancy.