PDA

View Full Version : moles, beauty marks, and the like.

chicque
07-09-2008, 03:10 PM
has anyone here ever had them removed? because i'm going to my mom's dermatologist this weekend, and i think i might get this one mark on my chin removed.

my question is, how do you remove them? and is it painful?

Dr.Deepak
07-09-2008, 04:15 PM
If its a deep moles then it is removed with excision of the mole,this procedure takes less than an hour.. If your mole is not deep enough then doc might do a laser treatment for your mole.
If your mole is a deep one,the doctor may choose excision with or without stitches depending on the depth of the mole and the type of cosmetic outcome desired.

And about Pain,anesthetic is applied so you won't have any pain..

Well if you need to see the mole removal procedure .here it is..

Mole Removal Procedure (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Mole+removal&search_type=&aq=f)

lilabytes
07-10-2008, 01:46 PM
If the mole has deep roots then it require a little bit of surgery to completely remove it. My sister had her mole removed by a surgeon because it was growing and it may cause some kind of cancer as I was told.

chicque
07-11-2008, 03:15 AM
Thanks for the link! i don't want to undergo some kind of complex procedure invovling knives, but i don't think my mole is that deep...its rather small actually. but i was curious.

Dr.Deepak
07-11-2008, 09:17 PM
yup if they are small and not worring you much its not the problem... if you want you can always go for laser treatment..

chicque
07-12-2008, 04:59 AM
^ and what happens with laser treatments? i've had a bad experience with laser treatments before...i'd rather not get burned again lol