PDA

View Full Version : wipe out pimples and pimples mark on my face

sanrita
05-30-2008, 11:01 PM
Hi i'm 19 year old female and i have serious problem of pimples.My cheeks and forehead is covered with pimples.I have had my blood tested wich shows Hb:14.5g/dl and TLC:5100/Cmm.I consulted a senior dermatollogist and he recommended tetracycline capsule,retino-A and clindamycin phosphate gel.However,its been one and half months since i started taking those medicine but only 60 percent is controlled.I have totally avoided spicy,chilly,sour,oily,junk foods and milk products.Earlier,i even consumed Doxycycline Capsule but that too didn't work well enough.Please suggest me some medicine,which will totaly wipe out pimples and pimples mark on my face.

Dr.Deepak
06-02-2008, 10:54 AM
You should know that pimples are an age related skin problems and they start during early adolescence and go away around the age of 25.what we can do is to control the problem with proper face care and when required with medications.Any type of medications would required some time,on average two months.

Prevention is the best option.Keep your face oil free.Wash with normal soap morning and evening.Do not use it excessively.Apply soap mainly on the upper half of the face.Avoid oily creams,sunblock,cosmetics and hair oils as far as possible.Do not squeeze,let pimples dry gradually.It may take some time.Better have a normal diet with added green vegetables and fruits.Its good to drink a lot of water,but it doesn't have any relation with pimples.

Pimples do not have relation with blood;rather it is due to oily skin,hormonal factors and stress.you may require other drugs such as isotretinoin,for which you may consult your dermatologist.

aliva
06-29-2008, 06:31 PM
As you are under the medication and 60% result you have got so far I feel you’re on the right track.

Here you have not mentioned whether your skin is basically dry or oily. In any case, you can use sandalwood powder mixed with water. Apply it to the stressed skin. Try to keep your skin as clean as possible and exfoliate it at least once a week.

If you have combination skin, then use a face pack made of fuller’s earth and home-made curds.

Use fresh carrot juice as a toner for skin. Unless your skin is back to normal, avoid use face cream formulated for sensitive skin.

alice
07-01-2008, 03:25 PM
Apart from relying totally on medication (as it can cause some undesirable side effects), you should start taking care of your diet and face at the end of the day too. Cleansing your face everyday and eating a balanced diet with enough fruit in it will sure help you achieving your target.:)

chicque
07-02-2008, 04:45 AM
keep in mind that sometimes, it takes up to six months for all that medication and diet control to fully show you results. so you just have to be patient, and keep up what you're doing!

Starchild47
07-03-2008, 04:53 AM
My daughter who is 11 is having a real hard time with acne right now. She has had issues with dermatitis and eczema in the past so I am not surprised that she is having additional issues with acne now. I have never had it that bad and feel that I may have to take her to the dermatologist if it keeps up. I really don't want her to scar due to it.