PDA

View Full Version : okay, i have a question now about my nails

vencasand
12-28-2009, 02:15 PM
my nails are soft but lately after they get to the tips of my fingers, the nail starts to curl under. i have it on two fingers, the index, and pointer finger. i wash my hands a lot at work but i uses mild soap. i always had problems with my pointer fingernail but now it is two of them. thanks

y34963
12-28-2009, 10:23 PM
Brenda, I have the same problem. You may have psoriasis on your nail bed. I just keep my manicured to the point of them not curling. I have asked my doctor and am told there isn't much that can be done. You could also use a nail hardner such as Nail Envy by OPI. If you use that as directed it will make your nails harder and will grow out a bit longer.

vencasand
01-17-2010, 03:25 PM
i don't think it is psoriasis as my nail beds on my fingers are healthy looking. i keep my nails trimmed so they don't turn under. i just thought maybe it was a medical problem that shows up in the nails. you know how a doctor can look at your nails and see something that can give him an idea what to do blood work for?

chinee
03-29-2010, 08:28 AM
my nails are soft but lately after they get to the tips of my fingers, the nail starts to curl under. vencasand

If that's the case I suggest why dont you try it in a natural way, try to put garlic to your nails because it is said that garlic can help your nail to become harder and just to avoid it from curling down.

vencasand
03-29-2010, 02:22 PM
chinee, i didn't know that. garlic has so many uses. thank you.

y34963
03-29-2010, 03:58 PM
Wouldn't this really make a person smell bad.

vencasand
03-30-2010, 01:54 PM
i eat garlic a lot anyway so i probably always smell bad. lol! i would do it like weekends when i am not going anywhere which is most weekends

chinee
03-31-2010, 12:38 PM
Yes I think it would be better for you to do that during weekends when you are just at home while trying to relax and pamper yourself.

marabell
04-16-2010, 07:08 PM
A couple of my nails did the same thing, but since I've been using OPI Nail Envy it doesn't happen anymore.

prasanth5
05-04-2010, 06:58 AM
The use of curd as buttermilk has had its good effect on psoriasis and of course it should be drunk in liberal quantities. Spicy food may be avoided. Too much of salt consumption should be avoided too.