PDA

View Full Version : Blue light therapy for acne

Stupidme
12-19-2009, 08:57 PM
Anyone have any knowledge what is Blue light therapy, has anyone here done Blue light therapy for acne ? share your ideas please. How much will it cost ?

thanks

vencasand
12-21-2009, 02:40 PM
this light is approved by the fda. it must help but i think you have to be really still for a certain amount of time. i think it can work but it is costly. the ones i have seen go for about $250 american dollars. just make sure it says fda approved.

Dr.Deepak
12-21-2009, 07:39 PM
It depends on country to country and states and on dermatologist, also to mention the area of treatments. As it requires atleast 8-10 session treatment so normally in US and europe it might cost around $40 to $60 per session if you are planning for atleast 8-10 session. If its just a single treatment it might cost more. Some charges $80-$150 for a single session,depending upon the area of treatment.

So its better to consult your dermatologist and talk about the price.

y34963
12-21-2009, 10:28 PM
I use the Baby Quaser red light which is for anti-aging and it works well. It takes about 35 minutes or so but it is really relaxing. I use when I am watching TV.

I have heard great reviews about the Baby Blue Quaser which is for acne as well.

Before you buy though, as all light therapy gadgets are expensive, do your research. Just don't take the company's word or their testimonials that the light will work. A good place to go and get consumer's thoughts on products is makeupalley.com. It is all consumers, not companies, giving their opinions on products they have used. I check it out all the time when I need (want is a better term, lol) to buy something.

Stupidme
12-22-2009, 08:11 AM
Thank you all. I'm signing up to makeupalley and check those products. Thank you for the link.

y34963
12-22-2009, 03:50 PM
You are very welcome. Please let us know what you decide to buy.

logger710
09-09-2010, 08:03 PM
I have an advertisement in the COUPON,SALES,DISCOUNTS category about one of our products that is only $100.See there please.

SecretB5StopsAc
08-24-2011, 06:43 AM
Blue light therapy is a painless treatment with relatively short therapy sessions. It is effective in treating acne vulgaris. The light doesn't contain UV rays, so it's not considered to be potentially cancer causing.