PDA

View Full Version : Hair straightening at home...

raj
12-18-2009, 06:16 PM
I have curly hair and want to straighten them up, but I am a bit reluctant on using chemicals on my hair. So what should I go for?
Is there any formula or tip that can be made or done at home to get the locks straight?

dale91
03-03-2010, 09:55 AM
You can try these simple tips:

1. Massage extra virgin coconut oil on your remaining hair and scalp (make sure that it penetrates your scalp) just massage, never use comb..
2. wrap it with hot towel then cover with shower cap
3. rinse off with a little shampoo and lots of conditioner (preferably one w/ coco milk)
4. PAT dry your hair, never rub with towel...
5. use wide tooth comb till it gets a bit dry...no irons or blow dryer pls...
With this, im sure you'll regain strength for remaining hair and will definitely straighten out :h7: check out besthairlosstreatmentreviews.com for more additional information

chinee
03-31-2010, 09:14 AM
Maybe you can iron it, I have tried it once to straighten my hair and it is worth effective. And also why dont you try mayonnaise to your hair they say it is effective to make your hair healthy, shiny and strong.

has007
05-12-2010, 03:22 PM
mayannoise is good.But you can go for hair straightening. you have to maintain it by taking hair spas once a month it will not damage ur hair.

y34963
05-13-2010, 04:51 AM
I have curly hair and want to straighten them up, but I am a bit reluctant on using chemicals on my hair. So what should I go for?
Is there any formula or tip that can be made or done at home to get the locks straight?

If you using a straight iron you will have straight hair. It is not different than using a curling iron, for those of use who want curling hair. It takes a bit of time in the morning after you have washed and conditioned your hair but it is worthwhile if that is the look you are wanting. I always find it ironic that those of us with poker straight hair want it curly and those like you with curls we would die for want it straight. It is too bad we cannot trade :)

vencasand
05-13-2010, 01:52 PM
this is so true sandi, all my life i wanted curly hair and i have body but straight as a stick. my granddaughter has just the perfect hair. she hates it , she is 13 and straightens it every day. hers isn't too curly and if she would let it go she wouldn't have much to do before school but she insists on making it straight.

sonia2012
02-25-2011, 06:12 AM
You can try these simple tips:

1. Massage extra virgin coconut oil on your remaining hair and scalp (make sure that it penetrates your scalp) just massage, never use comb..
2. wrap it with hot towel then cover with shower cap
3. rinse off with a little shampoo and lots of conditioner (preferably one w/ coco milk)
4. PAT dry your hair, never rub with towel...
5. use wide tooth comb till it gets a bit dry...no irons or blow dryer pls...
With this, im sure you'll regain strength for remaining hair and will definitely straighten out :h7:

I used any several shampoos and it was the caused of my hair fall. I had realized that I've to stick only one shampoo which is Head n Shoulders (anti-dandruff). Some says that dandruff is also one of the causes of hair loss. So, I was afraid at that time. I don't want to get bald. Thanks for coconut oil, my life had changed for the better. I'm confident with my self, no one can control my life nor criticize my personal life. My friend told me to use natural hair loss treatment if my hair start to fall out or thin.

sonjabe44
06-24-2011, 12:37 AM
I have to disagree with some of my fellow curly-haired gals here ... I have very thick, very coarse, very curly/frizzy hair that's past my shoulders, and honestly, Shielo's Hydrate Shampoo and their Hydrate Refreshing Mist actually WORKS -- and works well -- for my hair. I love the fact that the Shielo Hydrate Refreshing Mist not only smells good, but it isn't stiff and sticky, and, does a really nice job "taming" my wild hair. I haven't been able to find it in quite some time, though, and so Im just gonna order online at their website.

nisebell07
07-10-2011, 02:49 AM
Hi!I'm Denise.I do really want a straight hair like you.There are chemicals that can make our hair straight but for me,I don't want to use chemicals for it might destroy my hair.I just use shampoo for my hair and it's effective.

lezah
09-17-2011, 01:10 AM
Hi!I'm Denise.I do really want a straight hair like you.There are chemicals that can make our hair straight but for me,I don't want to use chemicals for it might destroy my hair.I just use shampoo for my hair and it's effective.

May I know what kind of shampoo you're using?

martis
11-09-2011, 11:51 AM
Relaxers do work, but can be very damaging if it's not done correctly. You can go to a beauty supply house, like, Sally's to get a pretty good one. You must not leave it on too long. Apply it to roots first, then, work it into the ends.

vjykmr89
10-03-2012, 04:56 AM
I use a ceramic hair straightner and it never makes my hair look dry and nasty. But I take 'decent' care of my hair.

fetamy
01-18-2013, 09:50 AM
Grate and extract the milk of one coconut and refrigerate it for 45 minutes. Whisk the milk so that you can easily collect the cream that forms at the top. Mix this cream with the juice of three lemons and whisk it thoroughly untill it thickens. Cover your hair with plastic wrap so that it is completely sealed and leave it on for at least an hour before washing it off. This method will not give you poker-straight hair, but it will definitely help to tame unruly strands and smooth-en your hair.

Melissa Mellie
04-05-2013, 05:32 AM
Maybe you can iron it, I have tried it once to straighten my hair and it is worth effective. And also why dont you try mayonnaise to your hair they say it is effective to make your hair healthy, shiny and strong.

I think its better than to massage extra virgin coconut oil on your remaining hair.

sanvi thakur
06-05-2013, 06:26 AM
Thanks for Share This post :) .I am also suffering with same problem.

Allendawson
10-16-2013, 05:35 AM
I have tried egg on my hair. It also straightens hair and it has good conditioning properties.

kevinkrieger
02-10-2014, 11:03 AM
Whip some coconut cream with lemon juice and apply to your hair.

Pantherkaur
08-29-2014, 07:28 AM
I have tried egg on my hair. It also straightens hair and it has good conditioning properties.

I totally agree with you. Egg is a good conditioner. Other choice is go to spa for hair straightening.

emmaackermann
03-22-2018, 02:07 PM
KIPOZI Professional Titanium Flat Iron Hair Straightener is good. Unlike other hair straighteners that work efficiently with smaller chunks of hair, the wide plates of the Kipozi pro-Nano titanium flat iron allow for one to take large chunks of the hair at a go and helps save on time. It helps to look your hair smooth and silky.

jacob44
03-22-2018, 03:01 PM
Is this possible to straight curly hair. Actually I have curly hair from born.

ChristieLemon
12-07-2018, 08:58 AM
Is this possible to straight curly hair. Actually I have curly hair from born.

I have curly hair too and would recommend Kipozi or Remington S-5500 for it. Both can be set to 390℉ which, I think, is the perfect temperature for straightening such type of hair. Remington is cheaper, but Kipozi has more settings and modes. Depends how often you want to use it. Maybe this article (https://mystraightener.com/top-10-best-hair-straighteners/) would be also helpful.