PDA

View Full Version : What is the difference between Pimple and Acne?

raj
12-17-2009, 03:08 PM
There are so many theories about the difference between the two but I am not clear on this still.
A very common thing is...
When you pop a pimple something that is not blood and of off-white color gets erupted and it is not that easy to pop a acne.
Can anyone clear all the differences between the two and please tell us whether the things that we try for pimples will work on acne and vice versa or not?

vencasand
12-19-2009, 02:16 PM
acne is the name of the disorder of the skin that has congested pores, whiteheads, blackheads,pimples,pustules,cysts or boils. you can have one or a combination of any of the above and you have acne. and yes the medications you use on pimples will help acne because they are the same thing.

raj
12-22-2009, 03:48 PM
acne is the name of the disorder of the skin that has congested pores, whiteheads, blackheads,pimples,pustules,cysts or boils. you can have one or a combination of any of the above and you have acne. and yes the medications you use on pimples will help acne because they are the same thing.

That means pimple is a type of acne or a subset of acne.
Okay, I got that.

afam4eva
12-23-2009, 05:08 AM
They are one and the same thing.

M.Jessica
12-26-2009, 10:13 PM
I think Pimples and acne are same.

Camille
12-29-2009, 11:43 AM
It is very difficult to know which is acne and which one is pimple. They are almost same. So I think we should use a product which is effective for both. I am suffering from acne rashes on my cheeks for many months and am using Himani BOROPLUS Anti-acne cream, which is a herbal product and can be used for both pimples and acne.