PDA

View Full Version : My cousin got Dyshidrotic Eczema, what to do?

DayDream
12-08-2009, 09:17 AM
Hello,

One of my cousins is diagnosed with Dyshidrotic Eczema. He has slits on fingers They itch and ache. Dermatologist has prescribed steroid cream and trexall tablets.

How to manage it at home? what precautions to take?

vencasand
12-08-2009, 02:35 PM
your cousin may use domeboro packets. it is a powder to mix in water. one packed makes a pint of water and you can store it in the refrigerator so you can use it up to 48 hrs. zinc oxide will keep bacteria out. when breakouts occur use white cotton gloves to read papers or magazines because the ink can cause irritation. from what i read stress is a main cause of outbreaks. stress can cause a lot of things.

m.raw77
03-02-2010, 05:00 AM
Keeping the skin dry and cool is the most effective treatment for Dyshidrotic Eczema. Heat, sweating, and moisture can make symptoms worse. Some of the commonly used treatment options are as follows:

* Avoid scratching
* Immune system suppressants
* Chelating therapy
* Dressings on the fluid filled skin lesions
* Corticosteroid creams and antihistamines to reduce itching
* Strong topical steroids
* Oral anti-pruritics such as Atarax or Benadryl may alleviate itching
* Biofeedback stress therapy to limit further outbreaks
* Zinc oxide sprayed on areas that itch
* Photo therapy combined with psoralen
* Topical antibiotics to treat secondary infections.

Good Luck!!!

Zenisha
03-02-2010, 11:07 AM
Keeping the skin dry and cool is the most effective treatment for Dyshidrotic Eczema.

I have heard keep the skin moist to avoid eczema and you said dry. is it real ?

vencasand
03-09-2010, 03:00 PM
i my opinion m.raw77 is talking about all the medical therapys out there. to sooth the itching keeping cool is good. steroids topically are good for a few weeks but they can thin the skin and so use soothing lotion that is high in moisturizers and no steroids. menthol is a counter irritant to the skin so if your lotion has some menthol in it is okay. zinc oxide is good, aquaphor, eucerin, gold bond ultra healing cream. try the little things rather than going thru some immune suppresants. they can lead to all kinds of problems.

tessa123
03-22-2010, 06:04 PM
Hi all

I'd be careful with using creams unless you know exactly what they do. Otherwise you might end up making things worse! One thing which I do know will help is buying anti allergenic bed sheets (if you havnt already). I would recommend bamboo as its organic. Synthetic fabrics can irritate the skin over time and will inflame exzema symptoms. Have a look at this site, they make completely organic bamboo bed linen which is specially made for people suffering from skin conditions.http://www.bamboo-textiles.co.uk/products/bedlinen-products.html

Hope he gets better soon!
Tessa x

shanamelamed
03-23-2010, 10:27 AM
hi i understand some oral acidaphillis would help there are couple good brand out there ask your pharmacist to help you.

jennie455
04-09-2010, 07:32 AM
You can try gels and creams made from herbal extracts of chamomile , licorice and witch hazel, it will help to reduce the eczema. You can also check this site called *********** to get recommendations on eczema creams or treatment suitable to you.

kimclara
07-20-2012, 06:34 PM
I have the same thing, my doctor prescribed me triamcinolone acetonide cream usp 0.1%