PDA

View Full Version : Which is the Best body lotion for Dry Skin?

shivshan
12-06-2009, 06:07 PM
Guys i have a dry skin and its winter here in India i need some body lotion to get rid of this dryness.Can any one suggest me a good body lotion?I want to buy it online so suggest me a place where i can buy this and get delivered in India.I feel it will be good if its herbal product.So suggest me a herbal product for this.

mac121
12-07-2009, 08:27 AM
As you have got dry skin so you can go for the Vaseline body lotion and you can buy it online too.

Shelly
02-25-2010, 05:47 AM
I recommend Nivea Lotion cause it has natural additives and it the best out there.I have been using it for over 5 years and i love it.

dale91
02-25-2010, 06:51 AM
Guys i have a dry skin and its winter here in India i need some body lotion to get rid of this dryness.Can any one suggest me a good body lotion?I want to buy it online so suggest me a place where i can buy this and get delivered in India.I feel it will be good if its herbal product.So suggest me a herbal product for this.

You can make your own moisturizer if you want. massage olive oil, all over your body then leave on to dry, after drying lavishly put on ANY MILK lotion that you can find and leave on overnight... in the morning use soap with milk content..it would feel like your skin is as soft as a baby's butt!:rolleyes: you may also check out darkskincaresecrets.com for additional tips

vencasand
02-25-2010, 01:53 PM
i have been using gold bond ultra healing for my skin during this winter. i have also used palmers cocoa butter lotion, and i hear vaseline has come out with a new product to help your body hold in moisture but i haven't used it.

alice
03-02-2010, 03:40 PM
Well, I believe any body lotions that contain moisture retaining ingredients are good. These are usually the ones that have oil base. Water based are good too if they don't have alcohol in them. I personally prefer vaseline and nivea.

y34963
03-03-2010, 10:43 PM
If your skin is dry exfoilate it before you put on any lotion or oils. You should exfoilate your skin once a week.

You can make your own exfoilator by using sea salt or sugar and any oil of your choice. Put just enough oil in the sugar or salt so it is mixed but not dripping. It is really inexpensive to make and leaves your skin extremely soft. I mainly use olive oil, jojoba oil or grapeseed oil as I can buy them locally and don't have to order them as I go though it fairly quickly.

After you have exfoilated your skin then add your lotion or oil as they will now penatrate your skin.

Most people don't exfoilate so when they put lotion on their body it does soak in it just sort of sits on top of the dead skin and doesn't really do much. I also use the same oils for the most part on my skin. They soak in quickly (a little goes a long way) and are very inexpensive.

Annette2161
03-20-2010, 10:36 PM
I recommend Avon's Moisture Therapy creams. There is one called Intensive Treatment for extra, extra dry skin, there is another one called Soothing Oatmeal for dry, itchy skin and there's one called Vitamin Treatment for normal, dry skin that add nourishing vitamins to your skin.

minervagraham
04-01-2010, 04:58 AM
Simply massage the skin with a petroleum jelly every night before bed and use a regular lotion as mentioned above through the day. Reapply every couple of hours during the day to ensure a great skin.

y34963
04-01-2010, 02:41 PM
Oh my please don't put petroleum on your skin!!

Elena K
10-04-2010, 04:49 AM
I like Aveeno Hand and Body lotion, it's non-greasy, very moisturizing and had not fragrance in it

chinee
10-09-2010, 02:13 AM
Why dont you use Creamy Cleansing Lotion by Nu skin. Description: It Protects the skin's moisture barrier each time you cleanse. Women of Asia and Polynesia keep their skin looking and feeling soft and supple with a diet rich in soy. The skin nurturing benefits of soy lipids help Creamy Cleansing Lotion keep even the driest, most sensitive skin soft and hydrated while gentle, soap-free cleansers remove debris and pollution. I might say Nu skin creamy cleansing lotion is really worth your money because it is very effective and I myself has proven it. Im actually using Nu skin creamy cleansing lotion and I could even see the difference from before.

y34963
10-09-2010, 03:02 AM
Aveeno is a very good brand. It is highly regarded because of the non-greasy but moisturizing properties it has. The non-fragrance is also very nice. I use it when I don't have time to make my own.

sallyB
11-15-2010, 06:07 AM
I like gold bond natural too. Works great on my skin, especially my hands that get really dry in the winter.

vencasand
01-11-2011, 03:01 PM
also use a moisturizing shower lotion. winter is really hard on skin. after my shower using dial moisturizing with yogurt, honey, and vanilla, before i am completely dry i apply my cream. on my face i use argon oil. use a humidifier in your home. or put a pot of water on your stove and let it just steam. adding moisture to the air helps. best of luck. as of right now we are waiting for a snowfall. hope it doesn't get too deep.

misscurious
01-12-2011, 07:18 AM
i absolutely love any type of cocoa butter..its so fabulous for the skin, and it smells pretty good too. i have psoriasis so i know how important a good body lotion is, and i am so used to the nasty smelling ones that cocoa butter is usually what i end up going for (: hope this helps!

Kitty Qing
04-14-2011, 05:55 AM
it's really good thread for me. I am always confused and disturbed by my dry and rough body skin... I don't find a good way to relieve it.

y34963
04-14-2011, 03:53 PM
Everyone should use a good body scrub at least once a week and then put on their body cream. If you do not take the dead skin off your moisturizer will not penetrate the skin.

Serena
04-17-2011, 11:00 AM
I aggree that moisturization is extremely important. But exfoliation is equally crucial too. I use Oriflame for my moisture requirements. The lotion comes in a pot like packing and is extremely light on the skin. It is a great body lotion.

For facial skin dryness, I prefer using a sunscreen based lotion since I require moving out a lot.

marvzvon
11-21-2011, 03:18 AM
y34963 why should you dis agree putting petroleum? I'm always using it for the skin rush of my baby? I want to know so that I want to be aware!! Thank you.

Jenny
11-21-2011, 06:12 AM
Applying Vasline body lotion to body is the best way get smooth skin.

exprt143
11-25-2011, 10:42 AM
Use pure and natural essential oils made products for dry skin.

thankful
11-29-2011, 07:50 AM
I use a glycerin aloe vera lotion by a company called Forces In Nature. I highly recommend them. They also make a really nice moisturizing soap.

Elsa Tobin
12-08-2011, 02:45 AM
Vaseline, is nice for dry body . n it;s also in low price

y34963
12-08-2011, 04:17 PM
Ohh, do not use vaseline on your body. It is petroleum. A nice lotion for dry skin would contain shea butter and oils.

Charlie
02-07-2012, 07:27 AM
Hi,
I really like Suave brand Oatmeal formula. It is creamy, not oily and oatmeal is naturally good for your skin anyway. It absorbs into the skin fast and makes it soft too.

Piya
02-09-2012, 07:24 AM
I have been using Parachute advansed body lotion with natural ingredients like coconut milk to help combat dry skin and itchiness. It has really helped my skin over the last few wintery months here and I can feel my skin getting softer and more smoother with regular application of this body lotion. I think it is definitely a very good lotion to ward off dry skin problems!

anushka
02-10-2012, 06:12 AM
I have been using Parachute advansed body lotion with natural ingredients like coconut milk to help combat dry skin and itchiness. It has really helped my skin over the last few wintery months here and I can feel my skin getting softer and more smoother with regular application of this body lotion. I think it is definitely a very good lotion to ward off dry skin problems!

I completely agree with this comment.. I think the parachute advansed body lotion works really well for people with dry skin.. there are lots of good positive reviews of this body lotion which is a great moisturizer and it has a very nice fragrance to it which is not overpowering. I have been using it for the last month and my skin has never felt softer and smoother like this! Definitely worth the money!

skeena
02-10-2012, 12:20 PM
I recommend Aloe vera based moisturizing lotion sold by Forever Living Products International, you can purchase this online from FLP India retail store. It is outstanding for its moisturizing properties, contains Collagen and Elastin to ensure skin is smooth, soft and elastic while retaining its lost moisture and also keeping the skins natural pH balance. Aloe Moisturizing Lotion can be used on the face, hands and body. It works wonders !

Piya
02-15-2012, 06:51 AM
@ Anusha - Glad that you also liked Parachute advansed body lotion. It has worked really well for me even during the winter season. I plan to keep using it even during the summer since it's a really good moisturizer and has a good fragrance.

skinlover
02-17-2012, 10:03 AM
Palmer's Coco Butter body lotion or Astral. Can't go wrong. :)

paula
03-08-2012, 02:09 PM
Many people focus so much of their time treating the skin of their face that they end up neglecting the skin on their body. The winter season is a time when most of us experience dry skin on our hands and body. The key to keeping your skin soft and healthy is a good moisturizer. Most moisturizers available are composed of some formulation of oil and water, with added ingredients that may or may not help to combat specific skin problems.

vencasand
03-09-2012, 01:32 PM
i have been using gold bond restoring lotion. i have used all the other ones but this one seems to stay on my skin a lot longer. it has peptides in it and it makes my "healthy" skin soft and doesn't get chapped due to wind and cold. i say healthy because i have psorisis and i even use it on top of my rosehips and hibiscus cream.

paulspnao
03-10-2012, 10:43 AM
The best advice that I can give in terms of keeping moisture in your skin, is to peel off regularly, and to spread thickly on the body cream twice a day - in the morning and at night before you go to bed. I also use the L'Oreal/garnier moisture sprays as well as cream, and my skin is always super soft.

y34963
03-10-2012, 05:21 PM
Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, etc. are great moisturizers for your skin. I find if I use a store boughten cream with a lot of chemicals in it the cream must sits on my skin. If I use a natural product (shea butter alone is awesome but you only need to use a small amount) it soaks into my skins quickly and isn't greasy.

Again, a body scrub once a week is essential. You can make your own with a little sugar and oil. This will leave your skin very soft as it will remove all of the dead skin and also ready to absorb the oils from your products.

Skinmaven
03-13-2012, 03:24 PM
I find the best way to treat my dry skin is by moisturizing right out of the shower. That helps me treat those chronic dry spots on my elbows, hands and legs. Recently, I've done some work with Eucerin and have found their Skin Calming lotion very effective, especially when my skin gets so dry and itchy in the winter.

y34963
03-13-2012, 09:54 PM
Using a moisturizer out of the shower is fine.

Remember though to use a body scrub to get rid of the dry skin so that your products will absorb into your skin otherwise you are wasting your money. Stick to as natural products as you can. Remember what we absorb through our skin gets into our body just as if we were eating it.

anushka
03-26-2012, 05:20 AM
Lots of good tips here on how to moisturize. I also apply my moisturizer right after toweling off after a warm shower. This helps to seal the water to my skin with the help of the body lotion and makes it easier to protect it. I would recommend you drink lots of water throughout the day to stay hydrated and healthy too. I use parachute advansed body lotion to moisturize my skin and would recommend that you try it out for your skin too.

Piya
03-30-2012, 05:34 AM
Very true.. Knowing when to apply the moisturizer or body lotion is very important make sure your skin has moisture before applying so that the lotion can form a seal to heal and moisturize the skin. I would still recommend parachute body lotion as it is still working very well for over the last few months.

Ziesha001
06-11-2012, 09:54 AM
According to me Loreal Body Lotion is good !

kimclara
06-26-2012, 04:59 PM
Actually petroleum jelly is really harmful to your skin and will eventually dry out your skin!!

kimclara
07-26-2012, 07:53 PM
Aveeno is a very good brand. It is highly regarded because of the non-greasy but moisturizing properties it has. The non-fragrance is also very nice. I use it when I don't have time to make my own.

I've always used my aveeno too. I like how it is non- fragrance and is okay for anywhere on your body!

MissMustang
08-04-2012, 09:18 PM
Look for something with natural ingredients. Shea butter and aloe vera are both very nice.

Sea salt scrubs are also good for dry skin. You can use those to exfloliate and then use a lotion to moisturize.

Actually petroleum jelly is really harmful to your skin and will eventually dry out your skin!!

I second this. Petroleum really is not good for skin and I look for products that do not have it as an ingredient.

AndersonFamily
09-18-2012, 06:27 PM
I would HIGHLY recommend the use of all natural goat milk lotion. It will be much more moisturizing and healing than any other product you would find at Target or Walmart. The lotions contains Aloe Vera, Pure Pasteurized Goat Milk, Glycerin, Jojoba Oil, Virgin Olive Oil, Organic Shea Butter, and Organic Coconut Oil. You will not find any chemical preservatives in this goat milk lotions!

It works swell! :)

hersecret
09-18-2012, 07:12 PM
An ideal body lotion for dry skin would be one with Vitamin E for healing, also Vitamin B for hydration. If you are buying from a cosmeceutical line, the body lotion could also have Hyaluronic acid, lactic acid and natural oils.

shoaib
02-19-2013, 07:15 AM
i have also dry skin specially in winter.i am a regular user of :shelly body lotion:. it is a product of shelly co of uk. it is a best body lotion for dry skin.everyone can use it. its not oily it observe into the body and u feel smooth and silky skin.its available at any cosmatis shop or a store.

Jaycemartin
02-22-2013, 05:31 AM
Avon do a lovely moisturizing dry oil spray called skin so soft and it has such a nice fragrance to it....

pepsimax
02-22-2013, 12:11 PM
Avon do a lovely moisturizing dry oil spray called skin so soft and it has such a nice fragrance to it....

I have used that in the past but still haven't found anything as good as shea butter (you would think I have shares in it the way I go on about it) but it does contain the vitamins your skin needs. Unrefined is far better as it is not stripped of its goodness. I whisk mine with products like coconut butter, jojoba oil, or other equally natural products and a little goes a long way so is great value for money.
If I have a particularly dry area, say knees, feet, etc I apply a thicker coating with out rubbing it in and put pure cotton socks, gloves, legging etc on over night so it absorbs it at it own rate.

joemunt
03-01-2013, 09:39 AM
use Curel Ultra Healing lotion amazing stuff to heal cracked skin is great for winter is works is cheap too, is fragrance free great for sensitive skin.

Elmbaby
03-06-2013, 12:42 PM
I like Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair Lotion. I apply it immediately after washing, while the skin is still damp. I've found that my skin stays soft throughout the whole day and best of all, it is odorless.

I hope this helps you

skin care
04-16-2013, 09:16 AM
Lots of body lotion available in market but my experience with Nivea. It is the best lotion for me. It has no side effect every skin type can use it whether the skin is sensitive, dry or oily every one can use it.

mariawatson
11-17-2014, 09:45 AM
I didn't find Sakare Body Butters greasy at all on my skin. However, body butters are meant for the driest areas like hands, feet, elbows, and the like. If you’re finding body butters greasy, only apply them to the areas that need a bit more moisture. I've found this body butter makes an excellent cuticle cream as well.

pamela
01-22-2015, 11:00 AM
I didn't find Sakare Body Butters greasy at all on my skin. However, body butters are meant for the driest areas like hands, feet, elbows, and the like. If you’re finding body butters greasy, only apply them to the areas that need a bit more moisture. I've found this body butter makes an excellent cuticle cream as well.

stevex
02-14-2015, 08:16 AM
Dove is the best forever.

preetlove
03-24-2015, 11:03 AM
Nivea smooth milk body lotion is the best for dry skin. After applying on body you can feel the result. It gives your skin smooth look and soften skin too.

bhagatwebcreati
02-20-2016, 06:50 AM
For dry skin, best lotion is of cocoa butter

Karina1987
08-17-2016, 09:51 PM
As for me, the perfect method to help the dry skin is to use only natural homemade remedies like tea tree oil and the coconut oil. They can be applied for every day use successfully.

Jennn
08-18-2016, 10:07 AM
I`m a huge fan of Body Butters. I love the way that they make my skin soft and smooth. I`m with really dry skin and I use body butter or body oil.

wangxiang851
03-13-2017, 12:07 PM
any lotion enriched with Vitamin E is good for dry skin.

kaufenpreis
04-09-2017, 08:07 AM
Ive been suffering with this condition for about 2 years now.
Im 27 years old and ive found it to be very distressing.
Ive never suffered from any skin conditions ever before in my life and find it bizzar that im suffing from it now. Sometimes it effects what i do as i dont like to be seen out when it gets bad, ive even had time off work this year because of it. I can go a few months with perfect skin then in just a few days it can flare up horribly. I get really depressed and frustrated when it happens.
It mainly effects my nose and the area of skin around my nose, just under my eyes and on my forehead just above my nose.
It comes and goes every month or so but just lately has gotten worse and sometimes takes a few weeks to go down. I use both a shampoo and anti fungal creams but even they do not work as well as id like.
Im wondering if anyone has any tips on what they have found to be a good way of controlling it?