PDA

View Full Version : Home remedies for cold sores

Jeffery
12-04-2009, 02:34 PM
Hi i'm Jeffery, I recently got a sore on my upper lip. I never had this before.There is a blister like bumps and its really painful on touch. I need to get rid of them before monday. Are there any home remedies for cold sores, that can vanish it quickly ?

vencasand
12-05-2009, 02:42 PM
i don't know of any cold sore remedy that is a home remedy but i will tell you if you have about $20 you can get abreva. i work in a pharmacy and it is the most bought remedy for cold sores. use it as directed.

Dr.Deepak
12-05-2009, 06:25 PM
There is no any fast remedies for cold sore. Usually cold sores might disappear within 8-10 days.Yea you can get abreva, it won't treat quick but helps the healing process.. or shorten the healing process by 2-3 days faster.

Sabina
12-05-2009, 10:17 PM
I have heard that Tea Bag does well, but not sure, you can try it. Just apply a tea bag for few minutes on the area and repeat every 2-3 hours. Or alternate is to apply warm tea bag for 30 minutes.

chinee
04-14-2010, 12:51 PM
Why don't you try petroleum jelly, It might work.Or if you really want to make it disappear for awhile just put lipstick to your lips to make it invisible in the eyes.

RitaB
10-25-2010, 11:52 AM
Hi there :)

I think you should first treat the underlying problem, otherwise you might suffer from recurring cold sores. You might be suffering from slight flu like condition which is remaining unnoticed.

For the present condition, keeping the sore lubricated will help to heal fast.

skinlover
03-21-2012, 11:04 PM
This 'Abreva' sounds very popular over there, interesting. :) I'd say our equivalent would be Blistex. :)

Dr.Deepak
03-22-2012, 01:01 AM
Well.. here is the updates on cold sores treatment if anyone wants it..

Home Remedies for Cold Sores (http://www.dermatalk.com/blogs/viral-infection/home-remedies-for-cold-sores/)