PDA

View Full Version : Cool as a Cucumber Soak.

aliva
07-08-2008, 07:54 PM
Everyone knows cucumber slices make great eye-soothers, but who knew that they also worked on sunburn skin? Cucumber and milk are natural anti-inflammatory ingredients.

Take 6 large cucumbers, skin removed, purred in a blender, 2 cups powdered milk, 2 tsp dried lavender flowers [optional] and mix the ingredients and pour into a clean bottle. Apply directly to skin or add 1 cup of mixture to lukewarm bath and soak for 20 minute.

Try, you will get result.

Starchild47
07-08-2008, 10:16 PM
Thanks for this I have used evaporated milk in the past to soothe a sunburn as well as vinegar but I have never heard to mix cucumbers in to use as a soak! I will have to try that next time that I get one.

alice
07-09-2008, 10:07 PM
Cool tip aliva! I have used cucumbers alone and have never thought of mixing them with milk.

Sounds great! What is the function of lavender flowers?

Starchild47
07-10-2008, 03:31 AM
Lavender is very soothing for the skin as well as a calming agent for the whole nervous system. There are a lot of other uses but in a bath I would think those are the most important.

BrendaMarie
07-11-2008, 04:54 PM
I never knew this before you said it here. I'll definitely be looking for a cucumber or some milk when and if I get sunburned this summer. Thanks!

lilabytes
07-12-2008, 06:44 AM
Yes, I heard of this too but with a different formula though. I think it's because cucumbers give off a cooling effect and it soothes your sunburns by keeping your skin cool.

kimclara
07-20-2012, 07:38 PM
I just took a lavender oil bath yesterday, it was so relaxing! And my skin feels great~

BRTCskincare
07-20-2012, 07:58 PM
I just took a lavender oil bath yesterday, it was so relaxing! And my skin feels great~

Lavander is such a great soothing scent. Any floral scents like Jasmine water or Rose Water are extremely good for relaxation and rejuvenating your body. When on the go you should try ****'s Jasmine Eco Face mist, it really wakes up your face and eyes and gives you a fresh feeling all day long.

kevinkrieger
01-10-2014, 09:20 AM
Peel the cucumber and blend it.
Take half egg white and beat it until it become frothy.
Mix well.
Leave for 20 minutes, then wash off with water.

stevex
07-28-2014, 04:44 AM
yes , natural products always work without any side affect .I 'll also try it .

Pantherkaur
08-29-2014, 07:11 AM
I like to apply banana mask on the face that makes my skin soft and clean without any side effects.

marclewis
08-30-2014, 05:33 AM
Cucumber is also very helpful to reduce skin tanning and keep your skin well moisturized.