PDA

View Full Version : Treatment for warts on hand

Jesse
10-30-2009, 03:36 PM
My 6 years old girl had single wart on her left index finger. I visited my pediatrician and he had told it would resolve by itself. But they are now increasing in number, she has more than 15-20 warts on her hand now. What should i do. I can't wait again to see it will resolve by itself.

Waiting for your reply.
Thanks
Jessie

Dr.Deepak
10-31-2009, 05:38 PM
So its time to visit your doctor immediately for treatment, No waiting to resolve on its own. It might spread more. Just make sure to talk about the treatment options for it to your doctor and child as well, sometimes it can be painful for a child.

Usually you don't need worry as the treatment results are excellent but sometime can reoccur again but could be managed early.

Jesse
11-02-2009, 01:21 PM
thanks, any precaution i must take before the surgery?

vencasand
11-02-2009, 02:15 PM
no precautions as far as medication is concerned but ask your doctor if you should get a lmx kit. lmx is lidocaine4% and a pad to be used prior to removal of skin lesions or worts. it numbs the parts that needs to be treated and doesn't hurt as badly. a child would be more scared then anything so you can tell her that this will keep all the hurt away. you can buy it over the counter. follow the directions on the pack. even if they burn or freeze it sometimes they will numb it first and this prevents the needles from hurting. hope i helped.