PDA

View Full Version : Getting shorter and shorter after each trim

Arikara
10-15-2009, 09:13 PM
Hi i'm from singapore and have medium length hair. My problem is that my hair splits. Ihave tried trimming my hair on several occasions to fight with the problem, but it hasn’t helped much. I am very much worried as my hair is getting shorter and shorter after each trim. Is there any way to control further hair splits? Plus could you provide me some useful tips to manage my short hair? Please help.

Ashu
10-16-2009, 08:08 AM
Avoid using a brush when your hair is wet, always use a wide-toothed comb. The best thing you can do is go for a restyle with hair expert.

vencasand
10-16-2009, 01:51 PM
there are so many shampoo's out there for split ends. if your hair is natually curly it is difficult to keep ends from splitting. i am thinking tho since you are from singapore you have the typical strait dark hair that i love. don't use harsh shampoos, use ones like pantene, sunsilk(my favorite), dove, herbal essesence. there are a hundred more but when you shampoo massage your head, rinse very well, add conditioner and make sure you do the ends of your hair first and work up to the scalp. let the conditioner on for a few minutes then rinse very well. do as ashma said, don't brush your hair when it is wet and use a wide tooth comb. if you use a hair dryer don't use the highest heat setting, it might take a little longer to dry but it is worth it. i usually let my hair dry naturally but i have below the waist straight hair. mine is mostly gray now. hot rollers, flat irons, and other preps can cause hair damage. just use them less. i hope i helped. i hate split ends.

Arikara
11-23-2009, 03:38 AM
thank you ashma and vencasand for your suggestion.

chinee
04-12-2010, 12:48 AM
Why dont you use hair wax to your hair. Hair wax contains vitamins and minerals that your hair needs.Certain minerals and vitamins are documented as being beneficial to hair growth. Or if you dont want to have it done in the parlor. I suggest you to just buy a hair wax and do it at home.