PDA

View Full Version : Red bumps under my left arm.

rominho
10-01-2009, 01:50 PM
Hello,

I have little pimple-like red bumps on the left side of my torso bellow the armpit. They never get the yellow head like pimples they are more like small boils (usually no bigger than a regular pimple), but they can be very painful and sometimes feels very deep in the flesh.

I know for fact that the amount and intensity of these spots is proportional to my training schedule (more physical training, more red bumps), I do a martial art called BJJ which is a very "sweat producing" activity, so I am constantly battling with my spots.

What I find interesting is that it only happens in this one place and only on the left side. I use a cream called "Sudocrem" which is more of a healing cream used for baby rash really, it seems to help healing a bit quicker but definitely doesn't solve the problem.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Rom

Dr.Deepak
10-01-2009, 02:23 PM
Does that itch ? Could be Sweat Dermatitis or Miliaria due to sweat duct obstruction and constant friction during your martial art session, but its difficult to diagnose without looking at the pic.

For prevention you can take more breaks between the session and control heat and humidity so that more sweating doesn't occur. If you can give more details with pic, forum member might find easy to reply you.

rominho
10-01-2009, 03:38 PM
Does that itch ? Could be Sweat Dermatitis or Miliaria due to sweat duct obstruction and constant friction during your martial art session, but its difficult to diagnose without looking at the pic.

For prevention you can take more breaks between the session and control heat and humidity so that more sweating doesn't occur. If you can give more details with pic, forum member might find easy to reply you.

It does itch a bit, but only before they actually show on the skin ... that's when I know there is a new one coming.

Once they are visible/red they don't itch ... they are just painfull when touched, like being pierced with a needle.

Dr.Deepak
10-02-2009, 02:10 PM
That might be related with your sweat producing exercise, as blockage of sweat duct and constant friction might be the result. Beside taking breaks between the session and control of heat and humidity to control excessive sweating. You can apply Anhydrous lanolin, which will prevent the sweat duct from blockage and stop bumping out lesion, for itching you can apply calamine lotion which will soothe your itching, if this doesn't help consulting your doctor might be the better options.