PDA

View Full Version : Pityriasis Rosea

CoolMona
10-01-2009, 11:47 AM
Hello all, i'm new to the forum with itching rash problems. I am 31 years female. I have some strange pink rash over my chest and abdomen. My friend says she had this same rash and doctor had diagnosed her with Pityriasis Rosea, So i was wondering if my rash were of the same disease. I'm not sure if its emergency to visit a doctor or something worring about. Could it be Pityriasis Rosea or anything else. How does Pityriasis Rosea really looks like. I have heard that Pityriasis Rosea only occurs once in a lifetime and is self limited. Is it true ?

vencasand
10-01-2009, 12:58 PM
i think you should see your doctor. what you have and what your friend had could be different things. i would make an appointment , maybe there is nothing the doctor can do right now but if he is aware of this rash he can help with problems occurring because of it. this weakens your system and your body can't fight off infections while you have it so please see a doctor.

catherine
10-18-2009, 05:35 PM
This july i was also diagnosed with pityrisis rosea. First i had red spots like insect bites then developed into somewhat like ringworm. The doctor said it will go away on its own, no cure as its a virus. He told me it could take about 3-6 weeks. But I still have some bumps. I really don't know when will all those bumps disappear. They are really itchy, less itchy then before as i just have few remains. Rashes have almost gone but still few at trunk and inner right arm and some on my thighs. It really get worse when my skin is dry. Anone here can you please help if you have been through this situation.

Maxima
10-18-2009, 06:36 PM
My daughter also had it last year. First the doctor said it was ringworm. It was on neck and spread to chest and thigh. The medicine that doctor gave her made it spread even worse. Then she was taken to a dermatologist . She was given some oral medications and cream .It cleared up completely. He had told it would look like a christmas tree. I wish i could remember those medications he gave her. I would suggest you to visit dermatologist directly because other general doctor usually misdiagnose it for ringworm.

Dr.Deepak
11-03-2009, 09:32 AM
Pityriasis Rosea is a self limiting disease. Sometimes diagnosis doesn't go as it also resemble other disease that might look like Pityriasis Rosea. As Maxima said, Pityriasis Rosea might be misdiagnised as Tinea corporis when there is single or small numbers of lesions. But, tinea corporis does not spread so fast as PR does and does not spread to large number of lesion.

Catherine its better to go for a systemic check to see if there are any underlying conditions.

CoolMona
11-20-2009, 07:06 PM
Thanks god mine is gone. what about you catherine ?

catherine
07-01-2010, 03:31 PM
yes coolmona my rash are gone too. But it almost took a 8 months to completely clear.