PDA

View Full Version : 10 tips to follow before you go out in sun

shre87
09-30-2009, 05:24 AM
Tip 1
Apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen with a UVA/UVB Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of 15 or higher.
Tip 2
Avoid the sun between 10 AM and 4 PM, when ultraviolet rays are strongest.
Tip 3
Apply sunscreen over skin 30 minutes before going outdoors. Reapply every two hours when outside, even on cloudy days.
Tip 4
Wear a wide-brimmed hat, sunglasses, and tightly woven clothing such as long-sleeved shirts and pants.
Tip 5
Apply sunscreen during sports, even in winter. Use a spray sunscreen to prevent hands from becoming greasy.
Tip 6
Remember to be extra careful about your protection near reflective surfaces—snow, ice, and water— because they bounce back up to 85 percent of the sun’s damaging rays.
Tip 7
Protect children: minimize sun exposure early by applying sunscreen daily to children six months or older. Most sun damage is done by the age of 18.
Tip 8
Avoid tanning beds. A self-tanner alone doesn’t protect. Use a self-tanner with an SPF for the look without the risks of sun bathing. Spray-ons work best.
Tip 9
Wear a moisturizing sunscreen on your face year-round, preferably with an SPF of 15 or higher. Choose a fragrance-free, vitamin-enriched lotion that won’t clog pores. If you think creamy sunscreens make you look greasy apply one with powder format like Maybelline’s whitestay uv
Tip 10
Make sun protection part of your daily routine. It’s one of the best long-term investments you’ll ever

Supriya
09-30-2009, 05:34 AM
nice tips thank you for sharing.

kennypop
10-07-2009, 03:01 AM
These are some really good tips!
I've become so strict with putting on sunblock on my body/face before I go out in the sun.
Im so not getting sun scars on my body again!

AGELESSONE
10-07-2009, 09:16 PM
A VERY important detail MOST people fail to address is the AMOUNT of sunscreen you should actually apply.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunscreen

Kliz
10-30-2009, 06:07 PM
On this topic, has anyone heard the recent claim that sun screen can be more damaging that not wearing it. One thing I read brought up the point that in many countries where sunscreen is not available and people are exposed to the sun all day long skin cancer is not as common as it is in the united state. I found this article about sunscreen and its supposed harmfulness http://www.copperwiki.org/index.php/Ingredients_of_sunscreen

phool6
11-22-2009, 01:59 PM
One tip from me Don't use tanning booth it uses Ultra Violet rays.

Nice article. Thanks for sharing it.

Melan O. Tan
02-09-2010, 12:01 PM
Yeah, I agree with tip 10. If you don't take care much of your body in sun exposing, it'll be the worst regret that you will ever experience. And for, most people doesn't consider the time where UV rays are strongest. That's why they get sun burn. Going out of the sun isn't that serious if this tips are followed well. :h10:

Shelly
02-25-2010, 05:23 AM
Wow very nice ti:h6:ps.

bioflora
03-04-2010, 09:51 AM
Nice tips! Good for young people who are exposed to sun rays for most of the time in a day.
Regards,
Bio Flora

Julia Bartlet
03-16-2010, 01:20 AM
Don't forget to reapply after every time you get out of the water and every 3 to 4 hours in general!