PDA

View Full Version : best sun protection ?

samaa
09-27-2009, 11:22 AM
hi ..
this is my first topic in Derma Talk http://www.dermatalk.com/images/icons/icon7.gif .
I want to ask , which sun protection Cream is the best ?

I'm using Louis Widmer 25+ ( UVA+UVB )

http://www.louis-widmer.fi/images/content/skincare/sunprotection/02020602.jpg

and what about Isis Pharma is it good?
http://www.heureka.cz/direct/iR/importprodukt-orig/f9c/f9c33b4f281a72c352a4c70eb04eb37a.jpg

waitting for your reply ,,

Zenisha
09-27-2009, 12:36 PM
i don't know about louis but i have heard many good reviews of isis pharma products.

samaa
10-01-2009, 04:10 AM
thanx Zenisha :)

Dhaval
10-06-2009, 02:43 PM
Well, I do not know about Louis and Isis but For daily sun protection just use SPF 15 and a foundation that contains sun screen. It will give you enough protection for day to day activities like walking the dog, going for coffee, etc. Also use a little water proof eye liner and lip gloss. You'll still look polished but you won't have to worry about your face melting off in the sun.

kennypop
10-06-2009, 04:12 PM
I went on a surftrip to Bali for 2 months last winter, one day I went surfing and I forgot to put on water proof sun protection on my upper body, arms and legs, ohhh maaan! did I get burned! Couldent walk straight for 3-4 days I think. I actually got some sun scars on my left arm.

Intention of this post: just a reminder folks! Where good sun protection!!! :)

phool6
11-22-2009, 01:57 PM
Hi Samaa I used Louis Widmer last summer but didnt get good results. It was a little harsh on my skin. Oh btw beside using sunblocks, I have started applying rosewater on my skin everyday after getting home from college. It helps too.

stellah57
11-29-2009, 06:03 AM
I've never tried both :p ... But from my humble opinion, try to look after it's ingredients, to understand the more insight about both products :)

kimclara
07-12-2012, 05:15 PM
Ive never tried either one but I currently use the Skinceuticals Ultimate UV Defense SPF 30 daily under my makeup!

aurorasolutions
08-22-2012, 07:22 AM
The Best Sun Protection Products

Sun Protecting your skin from sun damage is important year-round, but if you’re hitting the beach and heading off on holiday this summer, now’s the time to start thinking about ramping up your beauty regime and investing in a range of suncare. Sun protection products is simply guarding a body from the adverse effects of sunlight.

~Thanks

vencasand
09-03-2012, 12:11 PM
just use the high ph sunscreen. apply every 2 hours whether you are in the water or not. wear a hat to protect your scalp and eyes.

y34963
09-03-2012, 08:47 PM
I agree Brenda. Every two hours is good advice.

With respect to the poster who said take a capsule for sunscreen that is just asking for trouble.

vencasand
09-04-2012, 11:34 AM
also wear a large hat and clothing to prevent sunburn when you are just out for walking. this is the first time i wore a floppy hat to the beach and i was afraid people would laugh. imagine my surprise once i got down to the beach area. almost every other person men included were wearing hats!!

kimclara
09-06-2012, 10:58 PM
I agree with everyone. Be sure to apply sunscreen regularly. Applying just once a day is not enough. If you're going to be out in the sun for a long time, it will wear off. Applying every two hours sounds about right.

rubyJacksonn
09-27-2012, 08:57 AM
It's lightweight SPF 50 Lotion provides broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection. Helps prevent sunburn, brown spots and premature aging induced by UV exposure and dries quickly.

breonnajackson
09-27-2012, 09:18 AM
I have used both of the product but truly speaking. I don't like any of these. None of them has given me good result. Now I am using some home solutions for my skin.

Doracollis03
09-27-2012, 09:49 AM
The Best Sunscreen in the World -- La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL, SPF 40

y34963
09-27-2012, 03:14 PM
Yes I like La Roche-Posay too. Be sure to apply every 2 hours tho.

I would caution using home solutions for a sunscreen. You really don't know what, if any, protection you have.

yogagirl
09-27-2012, 07:40 PM
i don't know about louis but i have heard many good reviews of isis pharma products.

yes, i have too, my girlfriend uses isispharma SPF 50 which you can find on omicskincare.com too. It's moisturizing also so you can use it under your makeup.

yogagirl
09-27-2012, 07:58 PM
hi ..
this is my first topic in Derma Talk http://www.dermatalk.com/images/icons/icon7.gif .
I want to ask , which sun protection Cream is the best ?

I'm using Louis Widmer 25+ ( UVA+UVB )

http://www.louis-widmer.fi/images/content/skincare/sunprotection/02020602.jpg

and what about Isis Pharma is it good?
http://www.heureka.cz/direct/iR/importprodukt-orig/f9c/f9c33b4f281a72c352a4c70eb04eb37a.jpg

waitting for your reply ,,

yes isispharma is very good too but go with a higher SPF such as SPF 50. you can find it on OMICSKINCARE.COM or fair andWhite.com it's also very moisturizing so it works well as a make up primer, especially in the winter. It's one of my favorites!

yogagirl
09-27-2012, 08:01 PM
The Best Sunscreen in the World -- La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL, SPF 40

yes this is a very good one too. Lightweight so it dries and absorbs quickly. They actually sell it at CVS stores by the pharmacy counter.

vjykmr89
10-01-2012, 03:18 AM
All of it!! Fair skin burns easily because there isn't a lot of pigment to protect you from the sun's natural rays. I would say go up to an SPF 30 sunscreen like coppertone. Also make sure you wear hats when you out (your scalp can burn too, but it's hard to get spf on it because of your hair). Another one I like is Banana Boat SPF 15 protective tanning oil . . . it smells amazing!

rubyJacksonn
10-01-2012, 07:00 AM
SPF 15 or higher for UVB protection
UVA protection
Avobenzone
Titanium dioxide or zinc oxide
Kid-friendly sunscreen
you can give them a try and see what works best.

rosalyhudson
10-05-2012, 09:59 AM
Some of the most commonly used and most effective sunscreen ingredients are quite toxic for your health. An effective and popular chemical sunscreen is Oxybenzone or Benzophenone-3 which works really well, but it also a hazardous chemical which is absorbed into your skin.

breonnajackson
10-05-2012, 10:29 AM
Sunscreens help shield you from the sun's dangerous ultraviolet (UV) rays in two ways. Some work by scattering the light, reflecting it away from your body. Others absorb the UV rays before they reach your skin.

A few years ago, choosing a good sunscreen meant you just looked for a high sun protection factor (SPF) -- which rates how well the sunscreen protects against one type of cancer-causing UV ray, ultraviolet B (UVB.) "SPF refers to blockage of UVB rays only," says Leffell.

Research soon showed that ultraviolet A rays (UVA) also increase skin cancer risk. While UVA rays don't cause sunburn, they penetrate deeply into skin and cause wrinkles. The Environmental Protection Agency estimates that up to 90% of skin changes associated with aging are really caused by a lifetime's exposure to UVA rays.

Ankith
10-09-2012, 11:13 AM
Protecting your skin from sun damage is important. I prefer sunscreen is the best sun protection.
the best sun protecting product:
La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Lait SPF for skin
La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL tinted crème for face
Aveda for oily skin
L’Occitane for all skin

JCrooks
10-30-2012, 07:26 AM
I will suggest you a remedy on natural basis.Use lemon extracts before going to bad.It will make the pores and cells of skin enough stronger so you could stop the harmful effects of sunshine.No doubt that goods available in market are enough but all are temporary.

rosalyhudson
11-26-2012, 06:32 AM
Some of the most commonly used and most effective sunscreen ingredients are quite toxic for your health. An effective and popular chemical sunscreen is Oxybenzone or Benzophenone-3 which works really well, but it also a hazardous chemical which is absorbed into your skin.

y34963
11-27-2012, 05:21 AM
FYI. Banana Boat sun protection is being recalled. There are health warning out on many of their products. Apparently some of their products are igniting on the skin. Check them out before buying and using any of their products.

pratichap1993
11-17-2016, 06:48 AM
For me, I love using Belo Paraben free Whitening Lotion with SPF 30. I can say this is very effective for me and I'm sure you'll also love it too. :)

Salways
11-17-2016, 02:15 PM
I would suggest Arbonne sun cream. Rain or shine, winter or summer, you need year round skin defense with our water resistant mineral sunscreen with zinc oxide that physically protects from UVA/UVB rays. Plus, the soothing, moisturising formula feels super lightweight and non-greasy. Allergy and dermatologist tested.The cream does not contain any chemical like Benzene, Mineral oil, Petrolatum, Phthalates, Toluene, Artificial colour or flavours, animal products, Saturated fats or trans fats. The products are "100% natural". Contact me if you need more details or you can just open an account to buy that amazing product. Let me know if you want to know more

Shizakhan
08-29-2017, 09:47 AM
To keep save the skin from sunburn, sunscreen is best to all, use any best SPF30 before going outside. If the weather is cloudy then also use SPF it protects your skin. If you have sunburn then you can use Aloe Vera its has the best properties to fight agains sunburn...

Carolina
09-29-2017, 07:41 AM
Kind of sunscreen you use may vary depending on the type of outdoor exposure you are expecting. For incidental sun exposure — when you are outside only for minutes at a time — a sun protection factor (SPF) of 15. Your sunscreen should have broad spectrum protection, meaning it effectively protects against significant portions of both the ultraviolet A (UVA) and ultraviolet B (UVB) ranges of the light spectrum. Most broad-spectrum formulas contain multiple sunscreen ingredients. For extended, intense exposure, you should use a broadspectrum, water-resistant sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher. SPF 30 filters out up to 97 percent of the sun’s UV radiation; SPF 50 filters out up to 98 percent.