PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Way Of Hair Conditioning

Ashu
07-08-2008, 03:45 PM
The key to beautiful hair is a beautiful scalp. If it is kept clean and normal balances are maintained it performs its functions well. Each hair is made up of a very delicate fibers.

Conditioning is a way of giving the hair a more intense kind of nourishing treatment. It helps to protect hair from counter acting dryness, making it smooth and easier to manage.Treatments with conditioners helps to correct the effects of poor hair care.

All types of hair have to be conditioned to keep it shiny and flexible. Conditioning is specially useful for dry hair. It adds to the natural oil supply and gives dry hair, shine as well as bounce and strength. For oily hair, use conditioner only on the ends of your hair .

Method of Conditioning

After shampooing gently squeeze the excess water.
Comb the hair with the fingers or with wide toothed comb from the roots to the ends gently. Remove tangles.
Apply little conditioner and rub the conditioner through the hair with the fingers. Never rub on the scalp.
Keep it on the hair for 5 minutes
Now gently massage the hair to loosen the conditioner.
Rinse the hair and remove all traces of conditioner. Now dry the hair.

Conditioners used for different types of Hair

Damaged hair - Protein Conditioner
Dry hair - Moisturising or Intensive Conditioner
Oily hair - Any normal (oil free) conditioner

chicque
07-08-2008, 07:20 PM
i want to add that you shouldn't put conditioner on your scalp, because it is bad for you roots! my stylist said that it makes them weaker, since it softens hair.

skincare
07-11-2008, 01:49 PM
My way of conditioning my hair is nearly the same as you have there, Ashma. The only difference is after applying the conditioner, I comb my hair for the conditioner to spread since I have a thick hair. Is it safe to do that?

BrendaMarie
07-12-2008, 12:35 AM
I have never been able to find a conditioner that works well for my oily hair so I've stopped using the stuff. During the winter some parts of my scalp do get really dry and I condition those parts but that's it.