PDA

View Full Version : Do you sleep with makeup on?

mimico
07-08-2008, 02:59 PM
Sometimes when I go out and party I get really lazy to take off my makeup before hitting the bed. But since I have acne-prone skin, I always make the extra effort of cleaning my face. I know that mineral makeups are safe to wear to sleep since it doesn't clog your pores, but I really don't have the guts to try it. I always imagine a giant red zit popping up the next day, and this alone encourages me to never go to sleep with makeup on.

Has anyone ever slept with makeup though? What happened the next day? I really do envy some of my friends who still have clear skin AFTER sleeping with makeup. Incredible!

chicque
07-08-2008, 07:26 PM
i have mineral makeup & yes i do go to sleep with it on sometimes when i feel lazy and no it does not give me gigantic red zits in the morning! so i think you should invest in it :)

Avonlee1983
07-09-2008, 12:36 PM
No, I never do. I don't know why, but I just can't fall asleep until I wash all my make up off and brush my teeth. I know that it won't hurt anything If i do go to bed with make up on every now and then, but I just can't fall asleep until I clean it all off; no matter how tired I am.

BrendaMarie
07-09-2008, 04:33 PM
Since I can't seem to go to bed without showering first, the makeup always comes off in the shower, even if it means using the wrong product because I forgot to take the right one into the shower with me.

skincare
07-09-2008, 04:44 PM
It is a big "No No" to sleep with makeup on. Makeup is considered dirt. It will create problems to your skin like the zit popping out in the morning.

BrendaMarie
07-10-2008, 05:29 AM
That really is true... Makeup can make your face so messed up. Not only by causing acne but I'm sure there are lots of other things that it can do to damage your skin as well. I guess that's one of the reasons I don't wear much of it: It always felt like it was clogging my pores during the day and I hated that feeling.

Ashu
07-10-2008, 11:25 AM
I don't wear much makeups..quite busy schedule so no often parties or so.. ,when when i'm back from party i always washup.. but sometimes when my husband go crazy i don't have time to wash up... :h6:

lilabytes
07-10-2008, 01:27 PM
No, I don't. It's like going to sleep at night without bathing first. For me, that's just too uncomfy and I think I'd be just tossing and turning the whole night thinking that I'm sleeping with all the dirt I got the entire day.

vinodg
07-10-2008, 02:53 PM
No, I don't sleep with make up. But My friends used to do this regularly. It's really bad habit. This is one of the reasons for skin cancer so avoid going to sleep with make up. Clean your face with cold water before going to sleep.

mimico
07-11-2008, 01:23 PM
i have mineral makeup & yes i do go to sleep with it on sometimes when i feel lazy and no it does not give me gigantic red zits in the morning! so i think you should invest in it :)

WOW! So it is true!!! I don't want to try it because it might not work on me and I'll wake up with a lot of new zits on my face. But you're really lucky to be able to go to sleep without having to have a clean face.

BrendaMarie
07-11-2008, 01:44 PM
I've never heard that going to sleep with your makeup on could cause skin cancer. Are you sure? That just doesn't sound right (not that I'm trying to argue with you). I'd love to read this for myself if you have any documentation.

beatrix_kiddo
01-11-2009, 09:11 PM
I have always gone to sleep with make up ON. So far so good. I am luckily not that acne prone. I almost never wear eye make up if i do i do take that off. Because i have to take my contacts off anyways.

Elena K
01-16-2009, 05:34 AM
I'm trying not to sleep with make up on, since it's really bad for skin, even if you use mineral make up. I don't think it can cause skin cancer though.

Solidone
01-16-2009, 08:02 PM
I'm a guy, but I definitely prefer if a girl sleeps without make up on.
I prefer this because every time my girlfriend would sleep over, my pillows would get stained and stuff... I also heard that it's not very healthy to leave make up on over night. You hear other guys talking about, how girls who they date look awful without make up, but you know what? Mine doesn't. :D

SkinCareDiva
02-05-2009, 10:25 PM
Guilty. Sometimes avoiding the mirror and the possibility of me starting to pick on my skin is the reason why. The lesser or 2 evils. Going to bed with make up on. the more I mess with my skin the more likely it will end up worse.

shona
03-18-2009, 10:03 PM
I do sometimes sleep in my make up and i have really good skin. But i would not advise it.... i always try to take it off before i go to bed!!

mattaff
03-19-2009, 03:29 AM
I hate it when my girl goes to bed with make up on It stains the bedding and she's guaranteed to have a spot or 2 the folowing night.

leanne1974
03-23-2009, 12:26 PM
I try not too but sometimes you just fall asleep on the couch and crwal upstairs into bed. the last thing on yor mind then is to cleanse. I always wake up feeling dirty tho and spend the morning in a grump. lol

chinee
04-01-2010, 03:13 AM
I dont sleep when I have make up but I experienced sleeping when my make up was on for same reason that accidentally felt asleep after going to the party. Then when I woke up the other day I noticed that I got pimple on my left cheek and my skin got irritated. So from then on I said to myself that I wont do it again. So it serves as a lesson for me.

sallybrown
05-05-2010, 08:20 AM
No, I cannot sleep with makeup on. I have sensitive skin and having makeup for long periods of time make my face itch all over, so sleeping with makeup is a total no, no for me. I also wouldn't encourage it, it can clog your pores and cause zits.

teguhyuliantos
05-06-2010, 12:38 PM
If you fall asleep, and forgot to clean up former existing makeup on your face, I think this is not too problematic, as you are not too frequent.

Kat
05-07-2010, 02:12 AM
Ideally obviously I should but if my boyfriend's staying over I don't. He doesn't mind my smudged eyes in the morning lol!

When I'm on my own though, yes every night. You need to let your skin breathe.

has007
05-09-2010, 12:45 PM
i also use mineral make up but i dont sleep with my makeup on. I always remove my make up and cleanse my face before going to bed.

tedhalton@yaho
05-24-2010, 10:16 AM
The mineral makeups recommended do not contain known allergens or fillers, like talc, unriddle abominate, chemical sub station colorants or preservatives. these products that provide the cooling products.

matthardy
05-04-2011, 07:05 AM
Yes if we don't wash makeup when going to sleep it can affect our skin, and sometimes the red rashes are developed.

amily
05-10-2011, 08:41 AM
I never do that,because it's not good for the skin.

soccer2011
06-13-2011, 02:34 PM
I use Revlon Colorstay and I sleep with makeup on almost every weekend (eeek bad! i know) But my make up looks great the next morning and it's never rubbed off on my pillow. I am trying to get better at removing my makeup before bed. I use MAC makeup remover wipes, unless I run out. I love them because they smell amazing and do a good job of getting everything off. I wear heavy/dark eye makeup and it gets it all off!

abhinav singh
06-14-2011, 09:01 AM
Actually, it depends on the skin and make up does not suit to their skin. So,many of them keep the make up whole night and do not get the redness or itching while having make up on for long periods of time can produce dermatitis. So, it is usually depends on the skin type.

Serena
06-16-2011, 02:38 PM
It is not suitable to wear on makeup overnight because your skin needs to breathe too. Make up leads to clogging of the pores on the skin. This will simply block the pores and prevent the release of sebum and dirt.

lezah
06-30-2011, 08:31 AM
yes i do. i do it many times. sleeping with out taking off my make up. well, its because im so tired and i want to go to sleep. and good thing i don't have problems with pimples. lucky for me i guess.

AdinaP
07-01-2011, 07:12 AM
I'm not using often make up ... but when I use it I never sleep with it on my face :)
Is not good for my skin, is not good for my lingerie :))

vencasand
07-01-2011, 12:54 PM
not too good for the sheets and the pillowcases also.

Edanur
10-14-2011, 02:01 PM
I never do that. It's too bad for the skin since it blocks the pores.

mck123
10-18-2011, 08:29 AM
I can't sleep with make up.It irritates me while sleeping.

pharma t
10-20-2011, 01:13 AM
I don't use make ups at all. i think girls do that better

williams_john
10-20-2011, 02:04 PM
But i think before sleeping must be remove make up....... my girl friend face a problem he almost sleep with make up but once he face some pimple on her face as she wake up.....

drew
11-01-2011, 05:19 AM
I wear mineral make-up as well and though I understand the importance of washing your face before bed to allow your skin time to breath, I often go to bed without washing my face. When I do remember to do it, I usually only use those cloth face cleansers.

I have never had an acne problem though, aside from the random stray zits I get once in a blue moon, so I guess my situation is different. I do however tend to break out after going to sleep in liquid make-up. I tend to have a lot more T-zone grease with those, but ever since I started using mineral make-up I have not had that problem.

I spend about $60 every six months on mineral make-up so it's not a bad deal. I totally agree with chicque, you should try it!

skinlover
03-11-2012, 11:30 PM
Oh it is interesting to hear men's opinions on this subject, haha. :')
I hardly ever wear make-up and wouldn't dream (excuse the bad pun) of sleeping with it all clogged on my face, ew.
and even a year later I still get embarrassed in front of my boyfriend if I ever leave a scrap of mascara on and it's smudged. aghh!

L
x

Ziesha001
04-10-2012, 09:47 AM
never..as it is highly recommended that you should sleep without make up !

skinlover
04-10-2012, 04:40 PM
Reading back through this I feel sorry for the pillowcases and whoever has to clean them!

y34963
04-10-2012, 09:37 PM
Oh I think those of us who wear makeup have slept with it on occasionally. Sure, you really should wash your face before going to bed but there are times when we are just too tired. Once it a blue moon sleeping with makeup on will not hurt your skin at all.

vencasand
04-11-2012, 12:35 PM
I agree sandy, i never wore heavy makeup anyway, just eye makeup, powder and blush, tough on pillowcases though!!

Paula Clarke
04-11-2012, 01:03 PM
I have a packet of face wipes and my moisturiser on my bedside table - that way you can`t forget and it only takes 2 minutes to take my makeup off and apply my moisturiser ( I also find that I sleep better once I`ve removed my make up and applied my cream) :love:

Aruna
04-16-2012, 09:45 AM
Sleeping with make on is a blunder. I never do that. If I don't have make-up remover or oil at home, I use Parachute's new summer variant. Its mint extracts make my face feel fresh and the coconut extracts remove make-up in no time.

Rach
05-14-2012, 04:51 AM
I never sleep with make up on. The make up can block your pores over night. Your skin needs to breath as well.

BRTCskincare
07-05-2012, 02:30 PM
Sleeping with makeup on is not good for your skin. You should cleanse and moisturize your face once in the morning and again before bed. Sleeping on your pillow with makeup on only clogs pores and is more likely to cause breakouts.

kimclara
07-26-2012, 07:01 PM
I try not too because I only wear face makeup which leaves me with dirty feeling skin and little pimples when I do fall asleep with make up but sometimes I can't help falling asleep without washing it off after partying or when I take short naps! but best to take it off!!!

ashlee
08-08-2012, 09:53 AM
I dont wear much make up but wen ever i do i am toooo lazyy to clean it .. Lolz my skin is clear and nothing ever happened even if i slept with my makeup on :)

marclewis
07-19-2014, 09:40 AM
Its not a good habit or not good for your skin. Always remember to remove your makeup with good makeup remover before going to sleep.

stevex
07-31-2014, 04:15 AM
No you should wash your face before going to bed .Makeup may be harmful for your skin .

marclewis
08-01-2014, 09:10 AM
Always remember to remove your makeup before going to sleep.

Pantherkaur
08-13-2014, 07:19 AM
I never forget to wash my face before going to bed. I remove makeup with cleansing milk.

sharncheema
09-16-2014, 04:26 AM
Sometimes when I feel very tired but not usually.