PDA

View Full Version : Best Scrub Ever.

chicque
07-08-2008, 05:40 AM
okay so as i'm writing this, i just had the most amazing shower experience. i used this homeopathic scrub made from ground coffee and olive oil and it left my skin feeling softer than a baby's bottom!

so here's the recipe:
about 1 tbsp olive oil
about 1/4 cup ground coffee
1 tsp (or more) vanilla/lavender extract (optional)

you mix those in, until they're the perfect consistency for you--and start rubbing!

mimico
07-08-2008, 02:03 PM
I have all those ingredients in my kitchen! I might just try this out at home..I bought some healthy coffee which didn't taste good so I might just use it for my scrub! :) The olive oil's quite expensive though but it's just a spoonful, so why not? Thanks for sharing this recipe! I hope I don't get allergies from it.

chicque
07-08-2008, 07:18 PM
unless you're allergic to coffee or olive oil, you shouldn't get any bad reactions to this scrub! you'll smell a little like coffee though when you get out lol.

aliva
07-14-2008, 09:00 PM
I mix rice flour with a little curd. Rubbing this mixture over body and face gently helps me much. Ok.. I will try your scrub for a test.

jesicca11
01-08-2011, 08:49 AM
I have never used such home made things. Does these really works?? And don't they have side effects? I am very much conscious about my skin. Because my skin is very allergic to many things. So i don't usually try home made things. But is the given formula really works. I want to try it.

Miller
02-03-2011, 12:02 PM
i use biore pore unclogging scrub it works really good on sensitive skin i personly cant even use body wash or i will break out i know what u r going through but after u use this there will literly be a breeze coming off your face

y34963
02-03-2011, 02:02 PM
I have never used such home made things. Does these really works?? And don't they have side effects? I am very much conscious about my skin. Because my skin is very allergic to many things. So i don't usually try home made things. But is the given formula really works. I want to try it.

Absolutely they work. You know exactly what is in your skincare products when you make them yourself. You would have more side effects from products you buy than you make yourself.

dockzie
08-18-2011, 11:05 AM
HI,
A refreshing body scrub for our skin which is made up of oranges
what item should you needed to make this -

1 fresh Orange (juice)
8 tablespoons Cornmeal

how to apply -

Squeeze the juice and pulp out of the ,a orange, mix these together with the cornmeal until you have a smooth pasScrub your body and face gently with this sweet scrub for 2-3 minutes. Then rinse it off with cold water; pat your skin; tone and moisturize

Thanks!

Elona
08-29-2011, 07:07 PM
I also love to use coffee for a scrub. But I use it after it is already brewed. It's softer, and is very gentle on the skin. Another excellent scrub idea is oatmeal scrub. Just put some oatmeal in a coffee grinder or blender and grind it for few seconds. It feels so good on your skin!

Sea salt or bakind soda is also a good scrub, but no more than twice a week, as it will dry out your skin. But it is excellent cure for acne as it kills bacteria and prevents the swelling.

lotus10
08-29-2011, 10:44 PM
That sounds like a great recipe! I'm always looking for different combinations of natural ingredients. Thanks for sharing!

dale91
10-10-2011, 02:04 PM
The cheapest but most effective scrub is found on your kitchen:
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 1 and 1/2 tsp brown sugar
mix together and scrub liberally on the parts you wish to soften and smoothen then after leaving on for 10mins then rinse.

Jenny
11-15-2011, 12:03 PM
Srcubbing is really effective for skin, and these recipe looks interesting one.

j.foxstacy
11-21-2011, 12:10 AM
I'm using papaya leaves to scrub my face and body, and it was so effective and not expensive! I get this tips from my friends, :p its really really great!!

marvzvon
11-21-2011, 01:52 AM
@j.foxtacy
Me I have tried that before yeah your friend is right that was so effective, but I stop using it because its hazel to find papaya leaves and I have a lot important things to be priorities.

ethanasg48
11-21-2011, 07:48 AM
Great sharing in this forum. All tips are useful for every girl. I always use herbal tips for skin care.
Thanks a lot for this post.

skinlover
03-09-2012, 04:34 PM
sounds lovely! :)

L
x