PDA

View Full Version : Acne Scar treatments

pika_doh9
07-14-2009, 10:17 AM
Hey people

I have acne scars my back, and one annoying scar on my chest from a spot I picked when it appeared and I panicked.

Anyway the doctors gave me some pills, not sure if that will work.

I had one treatment of microdermabrasion, that left my skin looking the same, and I swear it became worse, now I have inflammed blackheads appearing.

Anyway I am trying everything before my final resort to Fraxel Laser

I was curious if anyone had tried any of these creams:
Mederma
Scarzone
Palmers scar serum
Arbonne skin care products

If so, how did that work out for you.

Also if you can recommend anything then do :-)

Dennis
07-14-2009, 03:37 PM
Thank you for this acne scar treatments. Hope that I will be able to help someone other with this.
Thanks!

- Dennis :)

PaulG
07-14-2009, 04:18 PM
I would also know to know how to get rid of acne scars as I have some... If any from products mentioned above really works, and works good, then let me know and I will use it with no doubts :)

rayter
12-06-2009, 05:40 PM
I haven't tried those treatments. I am also disappointed with a few acne scars I have at my back. I tried scrubbing my back with a lemon before but I was too lazy to continue the "regimen." LOL. I hope others could suggest some ways to get rid of those acne scars, too. :)

seth
12-06-2009, 06:18 PM
I've not heard of what you listed, but one of my friends had massive scarring problems, he used AHA and BHA's? I think alpha hydroxy acids, and beta hydroxy acids, and from what I can see his scars have healed up really well :)

Another random though - bio oil is thought to help the appearence of scars, maybe that'll help a little?

DayDream
12-07-2009, 08:53 AM
Completely removing acne scars can be tricky. Tough not impossible, they require patience and continuous treatment. Creams containing t-retinoin and steroid plus a demelanizer like hydroquinone can be useful.
If the scars are bigger is size, surgery or laser can be used too.

vencasand
12-07-2009, 02:40 PM
i work at a pharmacy, surgeons recommend mederma a lot. it has a bunch of natual ingredients in it. but i can be expensive. palmers scar serum is a little less expensive, i can't tell you if it works from personal use because i never tried it. palmers is an excellent company. i use their cocoa butter a lot. right now i am using a product given as a gift to me. it is called rosehips and hibiscus scar cream. i am using it for psoriasis the small lesions i am noticing are going away and the redness is leaving. but it also is expensive. i will have to put that on my list from santa.