PDA

View Full Version : Do you eat breakfast?

PaulG
07-13-2009, 08:24 AM
Do you eat breakfast?
About 1 year ago I didn't. When you wake up you don't want to eat but after hour you start feeling hunger but don't have time to eat breakfast. So one day I just started and now I do it every day. I think it has positive effect to your health and it just feels better. And I've found really interesting article:

"Eat your breakfast. It's the most important meal of the day!" Why are parents always saying that?

Well, imagine you're a car. After a long night of sleeping, your fuel tank is empty. Breakfast is the fuel that gets you going so you can hit the road.
What Should You Eat?

Any breakfast is better than no breakfast, but try not to have doughnuts or pastries all the time. They're high in calories, sugar, and fat. They also don't contain the nutrients a kid really needs. And if you have a doughnut for breakfast, you won't feel full for long.

Just like with other meals, try to eat a variety of foods, including:
grains (breads and cereals)
protein (meats, beans, and nuts)
fruits and vegetables
milk, cheese, and yogurt

Here are some breakfast ideas. First, the traditional ones:
eggs
French toast, waffles, or pancakes (try wheat or whole-grain varieties)
cold cereal and milk
hot cereal, such as oatmeal or cream of wheat (try some dried fruit or nuts on top)
whole-grain toast, bagel, or English muffin with cheese
yogurt with fruit or nuts
fruit smoothie, such as a strawberry smoothie

And now some weird (but yummy) ones:
banana dog (peanut butter, a banana, and raisins in a long whole-grain bun)
breakfast taco (shredded cheese on a tortilla, folded in half and microwaved; top with salsa)
country cottage cheese (apple butter mixed with cottage cheese)
fruit and cream cheese sandwich (use strawberries or other fresh fruit)
sandwich - grilled cheese, peanut butter and jelly, or another favorite
leftovers (they're not just for dinner anymore!)
Skipping Breakfast

Some kids skip breakfast because they sleep too late or because they think it's a way to stay thin. But skipping breakfast doesn't help people maintain a healthy weight. In fact, someone who skips breakfast tends to eat more calories throughout the day.

If you find yourself skipping breakfast because you're too rushed, try these quick breakfasts. They're easy to grab on the way out the door or can be prepared the night before:
single servings of whole-grain, low-sugar cereal
yogurt
fresh fruit
whole-grain muffin
trail mix of nuts, dried fruits, pretzels, crackers, and dry cereal
Need More Convincing?

Just in case you need more evidence that eating breakfast is the way to go, kids who don't eat breakfast are less able to learn at school, get less iron (an important nutrient) in their diets, and are more likely to have a higher body mass index (BMI), which is a sign they may be overweight.

On the other hand, kids who eat breakfast do better in school, are more likely to participate in physical activities, and tend to eat healthier overall. So tomorrow morning, don't run out the door on an empty stomach. Fuel up with a healthy breakfast!

Updated and reviewed by: Mary L. Gavin, MD
Date reviewed: March 2007
Source: http://kidshealth.org/kid/stay_healthy/food/breakfast.html

What about you?

chinee
07-14-2009, 04:30 PM
I don't skip breakfast because it is a must. your body needs it because it gives you energy that you will be using through out the day.

Dennis
07-14-2009, 10:05 PM
That`s my problem. I can`t eat breakfast after I wake up. I eat 5-6 hours later. And it hurts my health so much but I can`t help myself :(

PaulG
07-15-2009, 06:54 AM
Dennis, it was my problem too. I was just "not ready" to eat. But you don't need much. Just one sandwich or something like that, hot tea or coffee and you are caring your health :)

Dennis
07-15-2009, 08:03 PM
I drink coffee every day 4-5 hours before breakfast. And sometimes, I`m so hungry but can`t eat on that time because I`m busy...that`s problem..

chinee
07-20-2009, 11:03 AM
Breakfast is a must because when your full Isn't it ? you feel a lot better and it keeps you going. I've already tried not to eat breakfast and I could tell that, during those days it made me feel uneasy for some reasons that my stomach ache. Eating breakfast is the first intake of foods that you should have for you to make your day healthy and full of energy.

jstevenson
07-21-2009, 08:37 PM
For me breakfast is the most important meal of the day. There is a reason it's called break fast (break fast).

Dennis
07-23-2009, 09:23 PM
For me breakfast is the most important meal of the day. There is a reason it's called break fast (break fast).

It`s the most important meal for everyone man, but problem is time when you`re eating it. Someone, like me, can`t eat 4-5 hours after wake up and it destroys me a lot...not my body, my health..

EveNyasia
03-26-2010, 10:11 AM
I don't skip my breakfast.........

coolguy
05-05-2010, 12:18 PM
Breakfast is a must meal for a person in his daily routine ...one have to work for the whole day and if his starting of the day is not energetic then how can he stay active for the whole day

green123
05-06-2010, 03:38 PM
Try not skipping breakfast as the last meal was dinner which may be like 12 hrs ago, so break the fast with breakfast may be with just a glass of juice with a slice of toast.

has007
05-12-2010, 03:06 PM
i dont skip my breakfast but i take a glass of milk and a fruit as i have tendency of putting on weight i avoid eating cereals. Is it bad not to have cereals?

y34963
05-13-2010, 04:58 AM
i dont skip my breakfast but i take a glass of milk and a fruit as i have tendency of putting on weight i avoid eating cereals. Is it bad not to have cereals?

You should definately not skip breakfast or any meal for that matter. Cereals are extremely healthy. Oatmeal, granola, etc. mixed with low fat yogurt and fruit will keep you going until lunch time. If you keep breakfast and lunch at around 250 calories along with fruit throughout the day and then your dinner at around 350 calories you will feel awesome. Your snacks throughout the day, depending on the fruit or veges should be around 300 calories for the day. If you are really active add a few more vegies and/or fruit to keep your energy up. I always take an apple with me on my hikes (I go daily with by dog on the mountains so it is a great workout) and always take fruit and water with me.

vencasand
05-13-2010, 02:09 PM
i have my bowl of honey nut cheerio's every morning!!!

austinfz
07-13-2010, 11:46 AM
I also don't skip breakfast.....

bballboy
09-16-2010, 03:05 PM
I always have breakfast. Whether it be fruit, cereal, or a breakfast bar, I always have one of these items and a protein shake. I love it, and I'm convinced it helps me to get my day started on the right foot.

Elena K
09-19-2010, 09:01 PM
I agree that breakfast is very important.

When I'm being "good", that is trying to fit myself into a healthy life style my breakfast usually consists of oatmeal, fruit (usually an apple) and yogurt. When I'm not so "good" my breakfast usually consists of RedBull and something with cheese on it:o

sandy
02-23-2011, 10:25 AM
you really don't like to eat breakfast is the best way to start off your day.and be good to yourself by eating a healthy breakfast. you eat a 2 white boiled eggs and any fruit juice or 1 glass milk .

Banana and milk or banana shake or smoothie, whole-grain toast, fruits, granola, nuts. Eat more fruit and drink less juice help to your reduce stomach fat. Do not give milk mixed with ghee to your child. It is not healthy.

AdinaP
03-15-2011, 02:30 PM
Do you eat breakfast?

Always !
Brekfast is the most important meal.
I know a lot of people who replace the brekfast with a coffe and a cigarette. That is the biggest mistake that anyone can make :)

paulspnao
05-10-2011, 06:27 AM
I used to wake up, drink coffee and eat nothing until noon. I had nausea’s from having breakfast so I skipped it until I was about 14.But this changed when I began going to school by bike. I always got sick cycling on an empty stomach: cold sweat broke out by the time I arrived at school and I threw up my coffee several times. I thought skipping breakfast was the cause because everybody told me I should eat breakfast, it’s healthier. So I started to eat like an animal on waking up.:h9:

Halsey
05-17-2011, 09:59 AM
These things are in my breakfast.
Whole grains like
Rolls, bagels, cereals, low fat bran muffins, crackers, or Melba toast.
Low fat protein such as peanut butter, lean meat, poultry or fish, or boiled eggs.
Dairy like milk, yogurt and low-fat cheeses, such as cottage and natural cheeses.
This breakfast provide me complex carbohydrates, fiber, protein and a small amount of fat.

ross88online
06-28-2011, 05:25 PM
I drink coffee every day 4-5 hours before breakfast. And sometimes, I`m so hungry but can`t eat on that time because I`m busy...that`s problem..

Jimie
07-04-2011, 10:07 AM
Hello everyone. I think breakfast is important for everyone so i do it regularly. I eat bread with butter and drink a fresh fruit juice in my breakfast. Sometime i like to eat snacks.

Blitz
07-05-2011, 10:25 AM
Definitely it cannot be left and breakfast is the essential part of food and i take my breakfast daily and i eat eggs in breakfast and drink milk and it is my routine.

Bradle
07-16-2011, 07:40 AM
Hi PaulG,
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day as it provides you energy through out the day and as the word said break-fast you didn't eat anything for 8-9 hours so you must have healthy breakfast.

emibennett
08-19-2011, 04:45 AM
I skip breakfast because I wake up late :(

Christiano
09-28-2011, 11:13 AM
I don't avoid my breakfast because i know its importance. I take my breakfast regularly. I drink fruit juice with bread and eggs in breakfast. Breakfast is important and provides us energy to do many tasks during the day so everyone should do it.

sonali
09-30-2011, 09:04 AM
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I make it a point to have a good healthy breakfast even though I do skip dinner at times.

Enoch
10-05-2011, 07:58 AM
Hi Paul,
Breakfast if the most important meal as it provides you energy for day time activities. By having breakfast you can maintain healthy body weight. Breakfast can reduce cholesterol level and prevent from heart problems. Breakfast increase metabolic rate also.

SandraWood
11-23-2011, 07:54 AM
I know breakfast is necessary but in this hectic life I mostly miss my breakfast. :(

exprt143
12-05-2011, 12:27 PM
Yes i take breakfast daily.It is necessary for health.

malinamartis
12-07-2011, 09:00 AM
Healthy Breakfast is very important part of your recipe collection. A good breakfast always give you the total energy to start the day. Healthy eating is about great feeling, having more energy and keeping you as healthy as possible.

exprt143
12-09-2011, 12:00 PM
I take break fast every day do not miss ever.

Dillon
12-16-2011, 06:02 AM
Healthy breakfast helps you in refuels your body, and benefit your overall health. Breakfast gives you a chance to start your day with a healthy and nutritious meal. Take more vitamins and minerals, Eat less fat and cholesterol. Avoid the cholesterol, which may reduce your risk of heart disease So do not skip breakfast it may be more important than you think.

Archar
12-20-2011, 05:16 AM
Hi Paul,
Breakfast is the most important meal as it provides us energy for all day activities so we must eat healthy breakfast to meet our body requirements.

drew
02-29-2012, 09:36 PM
I don't normally eat breakfast, but I've decided to get on the health wagon with everyone else and have started making sure I eat SOMETHING, especially since I'm working out in the mornings now. I start with a serving of vegetarian chili and rice (homemade) and then after my workout when I've kicked my body into gear a bit, I take my multivitamins and fish oil supplements to make sure that my food cushions the supplements and doesn't cause an upset stomach. From what I've learned, rice and beans is a great protein substitute and helps with muscle mass after work out. Not sure how correct that is, but I'm buying it!

skinlover
02-29-2012, 10:00 PM
I often think one of the reasons my metabolism is so good is because I've always eaten breakfast throughout my childhood, up until now, I am quite a thin person but I am a healthy weight for my height.
It has it's benefits and more people need to realise this.

L.
x

Marcelo
04-07-2012, 05:34 AM
I don't skip breakfast because it is a must. your body needs it because it gives you energy that you will be using through out the day.

girl123
04-16-2012, 12:25 PM
Breakfast is one of the most important meal of the day. Without breakfast you can't start your day. It should be healthy and light which contains milk, fruits, egg and the things which are not heavy but healthy.
To make you day energetic and active please don't miss your breakfast.

paulspnao
04-17-2012, 06:03 AM
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Breakfast provides you with the energy and nutrients that lead to increased concentration in the classroom. People who skip breakfast are unlikely to make up their daily requirement for some vitamins and minerals that a simple breakfast would have provided.

Rapunzel14
04-19-2012, 10:10 AM
I used to skip breakfast until recently but after 4 to 5 hrs of continuous work i used to feel very tired.Now that i have started taking breakfast regularly i feel more energetic and concentrate on my work better then before.

Rhett
04-27-2012, 04:00 PM
I am eat breakfast but not overloaded i just do my breakfast with 1 piece of toast with 1 fresh mango or orange juice witch are make me fit and also make me healthful.

Blondie
04-28-2012, 05:37 AM
I usually just have liquid for breakfast. *slaps own wrist*

Also: I've been gone for a spell, and I like the changes. Everything's so purdy. ;)

nessa
04-28-2012, 06:09 AM
Hi,

I did not know the importance of breakfast either, until I read this article on breakfast; it means 'break the fast' to get your metabolism going! Never thought of it this way before. Here's the link for those of that are interested:
[ link under review ]

I agree with this! Break the fast to get your body's metabolism going.

vencasand
05-17-2012, 12:17 PM
i don't eat as soon as i get up. i have a cup of coffee and come here to our forum. it is not good to skip breakfast. you just have to get into the habit of eating at a specific time in the morning. don't eat crap. eat a high fiber cereal(there are some really good tasting ones out there) i find if i eat cereal or eggs or peanut butter sandwiches, it helps me work until i get a lunch break. i do drink V8 spicey when i get to work and then a low sugar content of juice until it is time for lunch. it is important for your brain, and health of your body to do things on a regular basis. if you eat breakfast you feel a lot better.

skinlover
05-17-2012, 02:22 PM
white bread slightly toasted with lashings of Clover butter and ALWAYS a glass of Tropicana Orange juice. I know it's naughty but it's my MUST have in the Morning! :)

vencasand
05-19-2012, 02:25 PM
ok ernest i don't understand your post but how about a liquid diet of like carnation breakfast, ensure, boost. it should get you through.