PDA

View Full Version : Grover's Disease

Crazy Smith
07-11-2009, 05:43 PM
Anyone here familiar with Grover's Disease.I'm 56 years old and having Grover's Disease as diagnosed my dermatologist.

Please share your tips. I have been having difficulties visiting doctor always and paying her.

Dr.Deepak
07-13-2009, 06:28 PM
sorry to hear that. Your dermatologist might have told as there is no curative treatment for it. It goes by itself may be after 6-12 months or might reoccur with seasonal variations. All you can do is avoid excessive sweating as it can induce more itchy spots. If its itching you can apply any mild topical steriods or any antipruritic lotions like calamine lotion or any that contains menthol and camphor. Some peoples have good results with tetracycline and antifungals oral so if the symptoms has worsen consulting your dermatologist might be a good idea for prescription.

Crazy Smith
07-14-2009, 06:22 AM
thank you Deepak yes my doctor has given 2 creams with steroids its working but not completely, i still have itching problem, ok i'll get that calamine lotion thing and try. Any other medicine i can take orally ? because i can't visit doctor now.

SimonBoardman
12-13-2012, 03:06 PM
I have suffered by what was finally diagnosed after a biopsy was taken by a consultant dermatologist at Chorley hospital Lancs UK, as grovers desease. Treatment advised was dermovate steroid cream and moisturiser, the same I had been treating it with for the past 4 years. This is not to cure, just to control.

Then halleluiah. It was only when a blood test showed my liver enzymes a bit high, caused by alcohol that I started taking the natural liver repair extract 'X-cess'. 2 pills in the morning and 2 last thing. two weeks later my grovers desease was gone.

The proof in the pudding will be in 5 months when i return for a follow up blood test. If my liver is back to normal I'll drop the x-cess. Only then will I know if X-cess cured my grovers desease or simply controlled it. In the meantime however, it is really great not to have to ask my son to rub steroid cream on my back twice a day. Woo! Hoo!