PDA

View Full Version : Slow running better then fast?

Dennis
07-07-2009, 10:06 PM
I was reading on one blog before few minutes that slow running is better then fast because we do not make pressure to our muscles and skin cells. Is it really right?? I mean, I read it but It made me confused...

Ashu
07-08-2009, 03:00 AM
yes slow and steady is always right.

Dennis
07-08-2009, 11:14 AM
But where is different, slow and fast running. I think fast running is better for condition...Don`t you think so??

PaulG
07-12-2009, 11:59 AM
You are wrong. Slow running is better. It's better to run as long distance as you can instead of running as fast as you can. It helps for your stamina.

And another advice for runners: it's better to run in the early evening than in the morning because in the morning running is stress for your body and it can cause heart problems.

Dennis
07-12-2009, 05:02 PM
Yes, this is true about running in evening. I read it on one health blog. I mean, you are too sleepy in morning to run and it just makes you more tired.

And this about heart, this is for first time I hear something like that.
Thanks!

- Dennis :)

PaulG
07-13-2009, 08:13 AM
About your heart... Nothing special, just bigger strain for it when you run in the morning. And your body is not fully waken up and not prepared to deal with strains.
My friend participated in marathon few times and he always runs in the evening. Maybe he know what he do :)

Dennis
07-14-2009, 03:24 PM
He knows what does he do. I mean, this thing about heart is 100% true. After you posted this, I was "googling" and found on health blog from some Admir Abazi that morning running makes so much pressure on heart and that`s why some of good people in sports are dying younger than others.

chinee
07-20-2009, 11:51 AM
I think any of those two either slow or fast as long that you can take it. You just need to perspire to lose weight. And I think its a case to case basis. Know what works for you. In my experience running fast works for me.

jstevenson
07-21-2009, 08:34 PM
It depends on what you are trying to achieve.

Dennis
07-23-2009, 09:22 PM
It depends on what you are trying to achieve.

Well, it`s not true. Running is very complicate exercise and it`s working only for your body structure and condition. You can`t do anything else with it..

EveNyasia
03-26-2010, 10:14 AM
i think so that slow running is better than fast

sandy
02-24-2011, 09:07 AM
If one can't live their life within seconds or even a minute a day, maybe it's your life that needs adjusting.

kevinkrieger
02-22-2014, 06:17 AM
Slow running helps physiological systems required to run at a high level and let the healing begin.

richman
04-14-2014, 04:57 PM
I think slow running is better. It's easier to begin from slow running and it helps your stamina.

mazymake325125
05-27-2014, 09:39 AM
yes slow running is better then fast.

kaufenpreis
10-03-2014, 12:31 PM
which ever pumps your heart more is better.

if you have joint pain

which ever gives you no pain is best..

the golden rule is: the best exercise is fun exercise, what kind of loon wants to run around on a electronic motorized belt and pay for it?

to have more energy to keep running, you need to breath through the 2 minute barrier and press on, eventually you will hit a runners high and going will be easier.

satyamambala
05-23-2015, 08:21 AM
Slow running is more beneficial from fast running because its one of the best exercise if we run fast then we realize that our respiration. We can't run fast continuously so its good that we run slow but consume more time in exercise so that we may rise soon .

wangxiang851
03-11-2017, 05:12 AM
i agree that slow and steady running is better than fast running.
with slow running you will cover more mileage and and actually you wanna do more. but by running fast you will be tired earlier and you will not attain what u have decided.

Shizakhan
08-07-2017, 10:06 AM
Running is very useful for health although its fast or slow, it brings many advantages such as
Improve the health
Prevent disease
Loose weight
Boost the confidence
Relieves Stress
Eliminate Depression
and many more.