PDA

View Full Version : Eye make-up

sindhu_pec
07-04-2009, 05:02 PM
Clean your mascara wand at least once a month to get rid of clumps and prevent build up of bacteria on bristles. Coat the wand with a little Vaseline and gently wipe mascara from the bristles but don't damage the wand. Vaseline works best. Water won't remove the entire mascara residue and soap can irritate your eyes. Shelf life of mascara is 3 - 4 months.

vencasand
08-06-2009, 01:28 PM
i used to clean my mascara brushes with tissue. the vaseline is a good idea. it keeps the brushes in good shape and cleans the mascara off. good tip. sindu

marilynnsyrett
09-03-2009, 11:36 AM
I would really suggest using an eye make-up remover. Regular cleansers and make-up removers are unable to remove that hasrh pigments used in eye make-up cosmetics. Moreover, the skin on your eye contours are very delicate an thin as compared to the skin on the rest of the face. An eye make-up removers take this into consideration.

vencasand
09-03-2009, 12:30 PM
you are right, marilynnsyrett. didn't think of that. but won't eye make up remover damage the brush?

VANYA
09-15-2009, 06:46 AM
Very useful tips! Thank you all!

SparkleMidori
09-16-2009, 12:39 PM
nice tips....i will remember to do so thanks

emmawatson
06-02-2010, 11:45 AM
Eye shadow is perhaps the most beloved cosmetic of creative makeup artists. Since eyes is the most important focal point of the face, the eye makeup techniques and choice of colors for eyeshadow should suit the shape and color of your eyes. The most important trick to keep in mind is that the light colors highlight the spots while dark colors tame them down. The first step in applying the eyeshadow is to apply a neutral concealer that matches your skin tone on the eyelid and then sweep the lightest shade over the entire area from the lash line to the brow line to create the smudge resistant base. Apply the medium shade on the lower lid and blend it into your base shade.

jasmine
06-09-2010, 05:15 PM
I use to soup for cleaning mascara. i noticed that it was not fully removed when i scrub it the hairs are fall down. Vaseline is a good idea thanks for the tips.

Karlie789
07-17-2010, 09:03 PM
Yes, or else it might say in the label how long the shelf life would be.