PDA

View Full Version : Salt scrub for your skin

Sabina
06-27-2009, 12:12 PM
anyone heard of salt scrub ? I heard it exfoliate and makes your skin smooth. How can i make it ? any ideas.

Ankita
07-07-2009, 10:13 AM
yea i have also heard that and some of my friends used it and they said it was good,but i never tried it.

Ankita
07-07-2009, 10:20 AM
i have heard it too and one of my aunt used to apply, but i have never tried.

Dennis
07-27-2009, 11:30 PM
yea i have also heard that and some of my friends used it and they said it was good,but i never tried it.

Same here. I heard about salt scrub and I read about it. I will post quote here :

You can buy salt scrub in a fancy jar for $20, or you can make your own salt scrub for a fraction of the cost. A salt scrub is one of the easiest home spa products to make -- and a great spa gift.

With a home-made body scrub, you can exfoliate your body at home instead of paying $90 or more for a salt glow at the spa.

marilynnsyrett
09-14-2009, 12:26 PM
I think its sea salt that helps for exfoliation purposes.

vencasand
09-14-2009, 01:01 PM
so if sea salt talkes fluid from your skin, why do people think it is so great. this is a real question. i have not used sea salt for anything yet. but i don't want my skin to be dryer. i mean there are a lot of companies that sell salt baths. these are packets to put in your bath water. do they dehydrate the skin also or are other things added so this doesn't happen. just wondering.

Elena K
09-14-2009, 11:04 PM
hmm... see salt - maybe, but regular table salt can be comedogenic and irritating. I wouldn't put it on my face

SparkleMidori
09-16-2009, 12:34 PM
yes, it is really good, but remember, salt also takes away water from your body. For a good body scrub, I recommend you using sugar scrub.

VANYA
09-17-2009, 07:37 AM
Hi everyone, I have a question. Are you using salt/sugar scrubs for your face only or for your whole body including face?

SparkleMidori
09-18-2009, 05:55 AM
i only use it for my body and then i use a separate face scrub for my face

Elena K
09-19-2009, 11:48 PM
yes, it is really good, but remember, salt also takes away water from your body. For a good body scrub, I recommend you using sugar scrub.

I agree. Sugar, especially brown sugar, makes great scrub. And It's much better for your skin then salt

skinlover
03-12-2012, 01:21 PM
I have only ever used salt and sugar scrubs on my face when I have not got an exfoliating product to hand or the money to buy one, in the past. I just mixed salt/sugar with either my favourite moisturiser or a creamy cleanser. To be honest I didn't notice a result or reaction.
Nowadays I don't use either on my face, I buy one instead.
Although I did come across a recipe on here using lemon, sugar and olive oil for a FOOT scrub, I loved it and felt very pampered afterwards.
So to conclude they are quite abrasive products, but they are cheap and easy to access but are probably best left to areas of the body that can handle that kind of abrasion better than the face can, feet, elbows, knees, for example.

L.
x

withavision
04-17-2012, 10:30 PM
brown sugar works well in scrubs as well.