PDA

View Full Version : Treatment for sun tan

sanaya26
06-20-2009, 05:20 AM
I have very sensitive skin. My skin tans very easily. whenever i go swimming it tans so quick and it starts to peel. can anyone recommend some treatment for this.

Dr.Deepak
06-20-2009, 12:44 PM
Try to avoid sunlight as much as possible, Always use sunblock with atleast SPF 30 and use water-resistant sunblock before you go for swimming.

sindhu_pec
07-04-2009, 05:19 PM
Body gets dehydrated with sunburn. The best way to replenish the lost fluids from your body is to drink lots of water after being out in the sun for long.

Hifza khan
12-30-2009, 07:57 AM
Relieve pain with plantain:
An herbal wash made form plantain leaves may take away the sting of sunburn. You can buy the dried leave in some health food stores. Grind up a few leaves, place the mulch in a cup of boiling water, and steep for a few minutes. When the liquid cools, pour or splash it onto the sunburned skin. You can use the wash once or twice a day. Do not confuse the plant plantain with the banana like fruit of the same name.

vencasand
12-30-2009, 01:32 PM
apply water resistant sunblock with at least 30spf. put it on 1/2 hour before you leave your home. let it sink into the skin. when you get out of the water for a break or to dry off put more sunscreen on. i know this is a pain but it will prevent you from burning.

avikdip74
01-01-2010, 04:32 PM
There are many options for treating suntanned skin. You can use artificial as well as simple home remedies. However, note that in many cases the suntanned skin itself becomes like before after sometime.

The artificial creams as fairness creams, skin bleaches, etc, are effective. Moreover, as they are cheap as well, they are very popular. However, there are some good home remedies for tanning as well. They cause no side effects and they hardly cost anything. Some of them are given below. In the milder cases, rubbing the skin with peeled potato is a very good sun tanning treatment. The potato should be rubbed only on the affected areas. Alternatively, you can even use the raw juice of a potato.

If your skin has become severely tanned, you can use a mixture of sugar, glycerin, and lemon juice. Scrub this mixture directly on the affected areas. While applying this mixture massage the skin gently.

A mixture of 1 teaspoon of potato juice and lemon juice can be applied on the affected areas. This as well will help get rid of tan for sure. Remove skin of a cucumber and then immerse it in a liquidizer. To this, add 1 tablespoon chilled milk. Mix this thoroughly and then you can apply it on the tanned areas.

el canadiano
01-02-2010, 10:15 PM
I have very sensitive skin. My skin tans very easily. whenever i go swimming it tans so quick and it starts to peel. can anyone recommend some treatment for this.

In your case, you might have to have perhaps a sunscreen with an SPF 45 or higher. If you burn quite a lot, try avoiding the sun until you heal, that's all I can really say.

Melan O. Tan
02-10-2010, 09:12 AM
Coconut oil is very gentle for skin. Massage whole body with coconut oil before going out in sun. It hepls in sunburn prevention. Maybe you can try this.

Rene Greenwald
02-18-2010, 04:46 AM
Try using an SPF of 30 and making sure to reapply after you get out of the water. Even if sunscreen claims to be water proof - it's not. This video explained a lot: [ Link Under review ]

Hope that helps!

green123
05-06-2010, 02:09 PM
People whose skin get easily tanned first of all must avoid going in sun as much as possible.Using a sunsreen is the only option if one cannot avoid going out in sun.Use a sunscreen which suits your skin type.There are a variety of good products available in the market.

saveontans
11-12-2010, 10:08 AM
you can get you the same great tan at the best tanning salons for lower prices because we help the tanning salons fill their vacant tanning sessions. Similar to online travel booking services, we fill empty tanning beds and save you the consumer money.

vencasand
11-12-2010, 02:55 PM
saveontans, you are advertising and you are advertising the worst possible product. tanning beds. tanning beds have caused basil cell carcinoma in my daughter. stop promoting or you will be kicked off the forum.

y34963
11-13-2010, 12:11 AM
Thanks Brenda, this forum should not be promoting tanning beds!

mac38
01-20-2011, 11:49 AM
I have got one home treatment and that is to use a mixture of curd and lemon juice. It is very helpful in removing tan.

RivannaRow
01-20-2011, 09:20 PM
Oh that sounds pretty handy if you've got the stuff around and don't feel like going to the store, mac!

maxakins
08-16-2011, 01:31 AM
Everyone recommends sunscreen, which is, yes, very helpful. But after sunburn, you can use oil as a treatment.

brightbeaut
06-26-2012, 10:50 PM
Sunblock is gold, it slows aging as it blocks harmful UV rays. Even if you don't see burning on your skin, damage is being done in a very real way. I think everyone should use daily UV fluid with an SPF no matter the weather or activity. It prevents burning, tanning, sun spots and sun-induced premature aging and in turn, skin cancer. Apply and re-apply!

If you need to go out in the sun I also suggest you look for shade or carry a parasol. As for removing a tan you should exfoliate as often as you can (without damaging your skin) and use after-sun to treat burning and peeling. Also remember to moisturize.

kevinkrieger
11-27-2013, 05:24 AM
Yogurt is very effective in minimizing a sun tan.
Aloe vera gel is also great.
Apply honey and lemon juice in equal amount.
Wearing sunscreen every day.
Drink water to keep hydrated.

Pantherkaur
08-29-2014, 07:32 AM

Don't expose skin. Before go to outside, cover your arms with clothes.
Avoid to go direct sunlight
Use sunscreen lotion with 30 SPF.
Drink more water.

marclewis
08-30-2014, 05:30 AM
You can use yogurt or potato to the affected area as they are very effective to minimize sun tan.

KathyMitchell
03-08-2016, 10:41 AM
Try Dermaxsol Sunscreen it provides peak protection from UVA rays, your skin is left less susceptible to sunburn and premature skin aging. It is a facial Moisturizer with SPF-30 nourishes and hydrates your skin while helping to defend against sunburn. And it suits for all type of skin. This hydrating cream with SPF-30 is fast absorbing, providing a protective barrier against photo-aging and the sun's harmful rays.

eugenix
05-09-2016, 07:44 AM
Apply water resistant sunblock with at least 30spf. Whenever you go out apply sunscreen lotion. If you've tanning then you can use home remedies to prevent tanning. make a paste of Gram Flour, yogurt and one or two drop of lemon juice. apply this paste onto effected area and leave it for 15 minute and wash with cold water.