PDA

View Full Version : Gel Nail?

jsg
06-16-2009, 08:08 PM
hi!
please tell me what is GEL nail and the average cost! i heared it is way better than acrylic nails (more natural and last longer) but i want to know WHY and HOW is it better than the acrylic. thank you!

vencasand
06-17-2009, 01:49 PM
i tried the gel nails once. i don't know if it was the manicurist or the gel but my one nail had a fungus in 2 weeks. i never went back to her and went back to using acrylic. actually i can't afford either now but i sure wish i could. the gel nails are about the same price as the acrylic. i don't think i paid more. if i did i was stupid

sweetcher
06-22-2009, 12:40 AM
Oh my,

I tried the gel nails while I was away on a trip and for the first time in my life I also had a nail infection. Not only that... I really didn't like the gel nail at all. The difference was, taking them off was almost impossible. It really destroyed my nails. They couldn't just soak them off, they practically tore them off my nails. It was terrible! Never again!

vito
06-22-2009, 10:19 PM
wow! i am really surprised that people seem to HATE gel nails!

i used to get acrylic nails done once every 3 weeks. one of my friends who has a cosmetology license told me that gel is way better than acrylic so i tried it and i am absolutely loving it!

it lasts longer and looks better too! since i could not find a really good nailist near my house, i boght a starter kit for gel nail and i do it myself!

sweetcher
06-22-2009, 10:32 PM
Vito,

I was told the same thing by my hair stylist. She said that her daughter
has gel's done all the time and it's better for the nails. That was not my
experience. Maybe they didn't do mine the right way - that's highly possible!

I usually have nails that look so nice and although they are
tips, they look like my own with a French manicure.
When I had the gels put on it looked so horribly fake.
Taking them off was just so damaging.

I know the best thing I could do is go back to use a nail strengthener
and let my own nails grow out. It's a great indication of my overall health.

Valence
06-22-2009, 11:08 PM
jsg... I do NOT wear anything but GEL since 3 years ago (when I first discovered about Gel Nail). I just LOVE how it looks especially with 3D art! :love:

vencasand&sweecher... I am so sorry to hear that!? I wonder what happened with you guys nails!! I have never heared of anything like that from anyone around me! Removing Gel Nail is usually so simple, easy and quick... maybe the salon did not have the right stuff or they just did not do how to do it in the right way??

vito... HOW could you work on your own nails!? You are amazing!:D

jsg
06-23-2009, 03:46 AM
thanks guys! if i want to get "french" with gel, how much does that cost?

vito... how much did u pay for the starter kit? is it pretty easy to do it yourself?

sweetcher
06-24-2009, 05:14 AM
jsg... I do NOT wear anything but GEL since 3 years ago (when I first discovered about Gel Nail). I just LOVE how it looks especially with 3D art! :love:

vencasand&sweecher... I am so sorry to hear that!? I wonder what happened with you guys nails!! I have never heared of anything like that from anyone around me! Removing Gel Nail is usually so simple, easy and quick... maybe the salon did not have the right stuff or they just did not do how to do it in the right way??

vito... HOW could you work on your own nails!? You are amazing!:D

Valence...when they remove the gel nails from your salon, do they soak them off or peel/tear them off with tools. It's amazing to me. I've had
my nails done for so long from the same person in Newport Beach that
when anyone does them I become so nervous anyway:omg:

Valence
06-26-2009, 05:59 PM
sweetcher... ALWAYS soak them off! NEVER peel/tear them off with tools!!! I have no idea nail salons actually do something like that:omg:

misscurious
01-12-2011, 07:26 AM
i'm going to be honest when i say dont waste your money.
i think acrylics look better, and last a lot longer.
typically the cost is the same between the two

Lhyne_82
07-04-2011, 02:25 AM
Most of the women are generally conscious about the beauty and length of their nails. However, it is not possible to grow the week and breakable nails at all. The soft and fragile nails break of easily when women work and leave them with painful hurt on the finger. For this reason, most of the women find it difficult to grow nails. The only way to make the wish of long and durable nails can come true if gel nails are applied on the surface of your real nails. They are the artificial nails that are made to stick and stay on your natural nails. They do not chip off easily. Even you can not take them off without following proper removal procedure. It is the safest means with which the ugly and unattractive nails are concealed. This the reason for which its use is increasingly becoming popular among the women. It has relieved women from the pains and care needed for growing natural nails.:h7: