PDA

View Full Version : Red and swollen upper lips after waxing

Supriya
06-03-2009, 10:26 AM
Hi. Yesterday i waxed my upper lip and after some time it was red and swollen. Its still red and swollen today and i also have few bumps on my lips after waxing. Please help me, Find me some solution to this.

Dr.Deepak
06-04-2009, 03:23 AM
Maybe its was the reaction to waxing other reason might be that your wax was too hot and scalded your skin. For symptomatically relief you can apply soothing calamine lotion to your upperlip, that may heal the redness. Don't worry it will go away in time.

avikdip74
12-16-2009, 04:27 PM
One of the most common waxing side effects, some degree redness or inflammation will usually occur right after the waxing especially for the sensitive-prone, but usually subsides throughout the day. It’s not only pulling hair out of the follicle, but also tugging at skin which causes most of the redness

Apply powder or oil. If you're waxing yourself, after cleansing skin apply powder if using soft wax and oil for hard wax. These will act as a buffer, so the wax adheres more to the hair and not the skin. Thus, lessening the amount of redness.

chinee
04-12-2010, 12:15 AM
Maybe your just allergic with the wax that you used, or shall I say its not suited to your skin type. Perhaps you would like to change it and try another brand like Surgi wax or Xanitalia wax and so and so.

sandradavis
09-20-2011, 04:03 AM
This happens to quite a lot of people. Next time straight after waxing put a cold compress on it for example a flannel with cold water. This will reduce the size of your pores that the hair has come from so they won't get dirt or other pimple causing things inside.

Right now you can only really treat this like a normal pimple problem and maybe try toothpaste to dry up the pimples.

Jenny
11-29-2011, 06:41 AM
Your skin might be very sensitive so it not suits you ,just massage Aloe Vera gel on it.

suruchipurimake
08-02-2018, 04:26 PM
Perhaps your wax became too hot? I get it completed through a expert however few instances the wax changed into a long way too hot and i was left with little purple dots just like yours. Even though i have been waxing my top lip for nearly three years i still have this vicinity pink for the relaxation of the day after i've it performed. Do not worry, particularly if it's your first time waxing, your skin isn't used to ot and it's going to certainly depart