PDA

View Full Version : Skin tags & Keratosis Pilaris

pika_doh9
05-29-2009, 06:38 AM
Does anyone know how to get rid of skin tags.

I thought they were blackheads and it turns out they were mini skin tags too small to be burned off.

Also the doctors said the acne/red bumps all over my arms is keratosis pilaris

Does anyone have this problem or know of any cures? I am trying to find a glycolic body wash but the only ones I can find is called Glytone and it's sold in America and not delivered to the UK!!

Dr.Deepak
05-30-2009, 09:03 AM
Well they are harmless and doesn't need any treatment, sometime it will go by itself when you reach 30 yrs.
The first measure to prevent is to prevent excessive dryness,for this you can use mild soap like Dove. And remember single therapy is not so successful in this so combination therapy might be helpful.

You can try moisturizing with vaseline or use of creams with any of the formulation of alpha hydroxy acid lotions,urea, lactic acid lotions, salicylic acid after a bath might helps to soften your skin and remove the dead skin. You can use these 2-3 times daily. If your have severe red rash and inflammation you can use medium potency topical steroid cream like mometasone for a week followed by 2-3% salicylic and 20% urea combination creams.

hydroquinone 4% creams might help fading of the pigmentation. Some research says Photodynamic therapy has been successful but this needs more research for confirmation.

Beside all these medical care, Microdermabrasion has shown some good results to some peoples but research has not still confirmed that it works for all. And yea peoples do try some home exfoliation like taking a hot baths and then rubbing the affected areas with a coarse washcloth or some stiff brush.

There are many therapies like dermabrasion,microdermabrasion,chemical peels,photodynamic therapy,blue light,intense pulsed light therapies. But there is no 100% successful results with all these.

Susan35
06-30-2009, 02:49 PM
Hey pika i also have keratosis pilaris with out any solution. does glycolic works on it. I would also try. But i also started having eczema for last one year.Which one would be good for both of this.If anyone know let me know too.

pika_doh9
07-01-2009, 06:01 AM
Hey I bought a glytone KP kit from america which I am going to try out when it arrives.

I went to come chinese herbal remedy place and they gave me pills callled 'Pi Fu Xue Du Wan' there is like 200 mini pills and you have to take 8 of them twice a day.

They also gave me this cream called 'Shizhenqing' It stinks!!

But the KP seems to have calmed down a bit, or perhaps it's my imagination.. who knows

I will continue to experiment.. I have a lot of skin problems!! the main one being stretchmarks which seem to have covered my entire body.. i think only my face doesnt have it now :-(

Ashu
07-01-2009, 02:32 PM
yea skin diseases are really hard to treat. some medicine might cure one but not all.Just keep trying and let us know the results too.

Dr.Deepak
07-07-2009, 06:16 AM
yup pika let us know the improvements, So others members also benefit from you.

Dr.Deepak
07-14-2009, 06:37 AM
so how was glytone KP any updates??

pika_doh9
07-15-2009, 06:51 AM
Well I have been using the glytone wash, I don't notice anything

The doctors gave me a cream called aquadrate with 10% urea,

That seems to be helping...I wish I could provide a before and after picture for you

Dr.Deepak
07-15-2009, 07:17 AM
yup past is gone.. but you can still provide the current pics and later improvement pics.. :p

pika_doh9
09-12-2009, 07:00 PM
so just to update.. the urea cream and the glytone cream, basically got rid of the roughness of the skin from the KP, but the marks/dark spots created by it, are still there.

The dermatologist claims the marks won't go, the only thing they can do is make the skin smoother...so there we go lol scarred for life

i wonder why celebrities don't have acne scars and KP..I guess I need to become famous and get a top notch dermatologist to finally get rid of all my skin problems!!!

vencasand
09-13-2009, 01:07 PM
MAKE UP! pika, famous people have dermatologists, make up artists and esthiticians (i know i spelled that wrong} on their payroll. there are base foundations that can hide burn marks, pot marks, and mostly any scar on your face. they can just afford it we can't. i know a professional make up artist, friends not business, that goes to burn units to teach nurses how to apply makeup for the disformed burn patient! she does it for free, she is a saint. check some websites and see if they have makeup for this purpose.

irahat
05-04-2010, 06:04 AM
Keratosis pilaris is a condition where small bumps appear on the skin, especially on the areas like the upper arms, legs, thighs and the buttocks. The reason for the development of these bumps is over production of keratin, which is the fibrous scleroprotein found on the outer layer of the skin. Sometimes, keratosis pilaris can also affect the face, especially the cheek. This type of keratosis pilaris is known as keratosis pilaris rubra faceii, or in short, KPRF. This type of keratosis pilaris on face can often be mistaken for acne. It usually causes bumps to appear on patches, for which the entire cheek can look red and inflamed. Apart from KPRF, there are two other common types of keratosis pilaris, known as keratosis pilaris rubra and keratosis pilaris alba.

rutland2
05-28-2012, 11:21 AM
your right pika, i have also thought about celebrities having none of the problems we ordinary people have. wish i knew how to rid myself of KP,acne scars n stretch marks.

nuttymadam
07-03-2012, 06:01 PM
What helped my KP was an aha lotion.

amyfitness
09-11-2012, 03:15 AM
Has anyone tried the Tag Away skin tag remover. Apparently it takes 8 weeks and eventually skin tags just dry up and fall away. I just read about Tag Away Reviews but would love to hear some elses perspective

yogagirl
10-10-2012, 04:32 PM
What helped my KP was an aha lotion.

yes, me too! AHA was a life saver for my KP. And i realized by trial and error that if you exfoliate the area first, it works even better.

rutland2
10-11-2012, 01:53 PM
what strength AHA lotion would i get. are there separate ones 4 the face and body ?

rosalyhudson
12-01-2012, 10:15 AM
Celebrities do have problems in skin, but yes they have got some expensive medication to get rid of that.

chloe19
02-19-2017, 02:44 PM
I've got a few excellent choices of how to get rid of skin tags. As for me, I usually use tea tree oil of The body shop, give it a try. It reduces blemishes and get rid of acnes too. After a few times using it, it will bring great results. In case you are allergic to tea tree oil or any compounds in it, you can try caster oil. Very efficient too. OR aloe vera would be a perfect option, gentle, cool and ease. There are many ways to get rid of this stupid skin part. But I only use 3 products as mentioned above. Nice to share with you guys :)

Shizakhan
11-06-2017, 05:02 AM
Instead of rushing to the doctor, skin tags can often be easily removed at home with some simple home remedies:
Apple Cider Vinegar.
Pineapple Juice.
Onion Juice.
Banana Peel.
Tea Tree Oil.
Nail Polish.