PDA

View Full Version : Non drowsy allergy relief

Marshal
05-23-2009, 12:33 PM
I frequently suffer 2-3 times a year with some allergy symptoms. I take benadryl and it relief but it always makes me drowsy. Are there any non drowsy allergy relief medicines.

vencasand
05-23-2009, 01:58 PM
yes, there is claritin, zyrtec, and allegra. I gave you the brand names used in the us. Allegra is by rx only. claritin didn't do anything for my allergies. zyrtec works well and it lasts for 24 hrs. i have been using allegra and it works mostly except for really bad pollen or mold from the woods days. they also have nose sprays that are made to help. they are new and in the US extreemly expensive prescriptions. I try to stay away from nose sprays. but they do work.

Dr.Deepak
05-24-2009, 12:44 PM
Claritin (Loratadine),Zyrtec (Cetirizine HCL),allegra (Fexofenadine HCl) are non-sedating anti-allergic medication. Thought taken in large dose might cause drowsiness. Taken in usual prescribed dose won't cause you drowsiness.

The3rdNipple
05-24-2009, 05:00 PM
I use Claritin, it isn't all to strong so I don't get to drowsy. If your allergies are very strong then it's all ways better to get a stronger allergy medicine

jstevenson
05-27-2009, 08:06 PM
Claritin is not that bad.

Marshal
05-28-2009, 02:42 AM
thank you all. i just brought Allegra and currently taking. Didn't made me drowsy. i'll be continuing this for now.

Dr.Deepak
05-28-2009, 01:13 PM
you are welcome marshal. do keep in touch.:)