PDA

View Full Version : Puffy and dark circles around my eyes

AKMittal
05-23-2009, 08:24 AM
I am on my late thirty.I usually work around 10-12 hrs a day.Now i have noticed that I have some puffy and dark circles around my eyes.this looks really terrible. So i have been thinking go to for some whitening or bleaching treatment.I don't know what could be the best so i just dropped down here. Please kindly advice me.

vencasand
05-23-2009, 01:51 PM
try getting more sleep. you can use used teabags on your eyes in the morning to reduce swelling. drink a lot of liquids. water is best. try the extra sleep for a week and see if it helps. i work 10 hours a day. i know how tired you can get.

marilynnsyrett
05-29-2009, 01:07 PM
I am on my late thirty.I usually work around 10-12 hrs a day.Now i have noticed that I have some puffy and dark circles around my eyes.this looks really terrible. So i have been thinking go to for some whitening or bleaching treatment.I don't know what could be the best so i just dropped down here. Please kindly advice me.

Yeah.. It could be because of lack of sleep. Plus stress, lack of moisture and lifestyle habits like smoking and excesive alcohol intake can lead to the development of under eye circles and puffiness. Since you are on the wrong side of the thirties, I suggest you start using an anti-aging eye cream. There are quite a few available in the market that help to rectify these concerns.

Valence
06-04-2009, 07:24 PM
For busy people like you shuold try the face mask! It is also known as home SPA treatment. simply put it on your face after shower/before bed time and leave it on for 10-15minutes.

it will not only revitalizes your skin and mind but also makes you sleep better! :)

AKMittal
06-05-2009, 10:33 AM
Thank you all for answer. I'm on holiday so these 1 month i just like to get rid of a those dark circles. So what might be the best dark circles creams or anti-aging creams ? any suggestions. What kind of tea bags i have to use ? is it normal drinking tea bags or are there any special tea bags for puffiness ?

VANYA
06-11-2009, 01:12 AM
There may be many great products for dark circles as others have recommended. But I would like to share some tips on how you can minimize the dark circles in our daily lives.

Hi AKMittal, I would suggest a green tea teabag. You can find more information about green tea benefits for our skin at my blog:

vencasand
06-11-2009, 01:02 PM
recycle your used tea bags. put a couple in the fridge. use them cold. mostly any tea bags will do. we drink a lot of ice tea here and so i use lipton, tetly, or whatever is on sale.

Mspeculiar
06-17-2009, 12:27 PM
I would suggest

- Getting much needed rest.

- Try using some tea bags or wheat germ oil for the puffiness

- Almond oil for dark circles

Good luck !

Elena K
08-11-2009, 11:52 PM
If you want to do tea bag trick - use regular tea bags, not green tea and not decaf as you need caffeine to improve blood circulation. Also make sure to apply moisturizing eye cream when you are done, as tea may be drying for delicate skin around your eyes.
If you wear contacts I would suggest removing them while you are applying tea bags

ththong
08-15-2009, 06:03 AM
Hi AKMittal and all friends,

To reduce puffiness and lightening the dark circles, I would recommend you DR's Secret newly launched Activist eye cream. The reasonably priced eye cream contains AGS-complex, Argireline and Botanica-E (3 GFs, 1.5ppm). It will definietely hide your age behind those eyes.

kimclara
07-13-2012, 05:56 PM
cucumber slices works for puffiness, and potato slices works for dark circles!!

Umesh Sharma
07-30-2012, 11:40 AM
The main reason to these dark circle may be the excessive work load that you are having and you look like more aged then actually you are. you must make your work stress free should take proper rest during your work hours,should drink a lot of water, and use a natural product like anti aging cream by revitoldirect.

BRTCskincare
07-30-2012, 01:58 PM
Vitamin C is great at getting rid of dark circles. Dark circles are due in large part to stress or tiredness which means there is most likely a lack of vitamins in your diet. Try replenishing your skin with a vitamic C serum to deal with the dark circles under your eyes

spasalondeal
08-14-2012, 05:13 AM
Drink water as much as you can. And wash your face after every hour.

y34963
08-15-2012, 02:28 AM
Drinking water is good advice.

Do not wash your face every hour!! That will do your complexion more harm. Unless you workout you need only to wash your face in the morning and before bed.

suzyaraneta
08-16-2012, 02:54 AM
Its a practical way to read first review sites for the products that you want to use. Just my suggestion though.

kimclara
08-20-2012, 05:20 PM
Its a practical way to read first review sites for the products that you want to use. Just my suggestion though.

I always check reviews too but the thing is everyone has different skin so reviews do only help a certain amount!

abelbrions
09-25-2012, 12:36 PM
Lemon and orange extracts are useful for dark circles and puffy eyes.Try and get adequate sleep like for 6-7 hours ,that will surely help

rubyJacksonn
10-01-2012, 07:56 AM
Well They Say Cucumbers Or Tea Bags That Have Been Used && Water Will Help
Here's Some More Help ! x

When you experience puffy eyes in the morning it could be the result of something you did the previous day; you ate some salty food, had too much liquid before bed, were up all night, or even spent most of the day with your head bent in your garden.

When you rise from lying down, your body absorbs the fluid causing the puffiness so they usually fade within a few hours. On the other hand, if the puffiness is from an allergy or change in hormones you may not be lucky enough to see them gone so quickly. Aging can also cause permanent puffiness under the eyes.

Let’s review 7 ways to help you relieve the puffiness under your eyes.

1. Tap On It

Surprisingly, you can actually reduce the puffiness by tapping on it. How does this help? Because when you tap the puffy areas the fluid can continue moving.

2. Ice Cold Water

Dr. Haberman, a dermatologist, says that splashing ice cold water onto your face to help increase your circulation is very effective.

3. Use Tea Bags

Moisten two fresh tea bags in cold water. Now place the bags over your eyes, closed of course, for 15 minutes to get maximum results or leave them on as long as you like. The tea contains tannins, which help tighten skin and decrease swelling while the cool temperature and moistness help improve your circulation while decreasing swelling.

4. Take Care Of Your Allergies

If allergies are causing your puffiness then you will be able to see results with an antihistamine. An antihistamine can also help reduce itching and swelling but the toughest part can be finding the perfect one for you.

5. Use a Mask

You can buy a gel filled eye mask that work great for helping reduce swelling and also for getting rid of those dark under eye circles. Shortly after you get up in the mornings is the best time to use the mask but you can also try using teaspoons as well, they just aren’t always convenient.

6. Concealer Makeup

If your eyes are puffy on the top, try using a dark shade under your upper lid from the bottom side of your brow to the crease. Now apply a lighter shade on your lid all the way to the crease of your lashes. If your eyes are puffy underneath you can try a concealer that is a slightly darker shade than that of your foundation.

7. Raise Your Head

By putting blocks under your headboard your head will be more elevated which will help keep dry fluid from settling around your eyes which then causes puffiness. Try to raise it at least 6 inches.

Now you are aware of 7 different ways to help you reduce the puffiness under your eyes why not get busy right away!

Which is the best rated antiaging wrinkle cream? Find out at Marcus Ryan's site, and get these anti aging creams as trial offers to try them for yourself, including the new cream called Athena 7 Minute Lift to see for yourself how well it works! So go ahead and get youthful looking skin in a matter of minutes and find out why these creams are called the 'face lift in a jar!'

Hope You Found This Useful

breonnajackson
10-05-2012, 10:39 AM
Dark circles are connected to the kidneys so make sure you drink plenty of water. Dehydration is one of the main causes for dark circles. Also with the puffiness, do you use eye creams really close to the eyes? you should always apply eye creams around the occipital bone of the eye and no closer as the product will automatically seep in towards the eye area as your eyes move so applying eye cream or moisturiser to close to the eyes can actually make puffiness worse.
Hope this helps.

zeldabacon
10-09-2012, 12:39 PM

Reduce the intake of sodium and and avoid drinking water half an hour before sleeping. Add fruits to your diet and choose a good anti aging cream for you that will help you in dealing with the puffy eyes and dark circles for sure.

starngeboy
10-09-2012, 03:15 PM
Hello, try to have a healthy diet and also go to the doctor. It can be a allergy or something else. Good luck and let us know how you are doing.

vjykmr89
10-10-2012, 04:51 AM
Run and do some exercise - the more I run, the MUCH lighter my circles become. No idea why. I guess all the old blood is flushed out and it just looks better.

yogagirl
10-10-2012, 04:22 PM
Reduce the intake of sodium and and avoid drinking water half an hour before sleeping. Add fruits to your diet and choose a good anti aging cream for you that will help you in dealing with the puffy eyes and dark circles for sure.

yes i agree.
Definitely stay away from salty foods and red wine before bed. And try and elevate your head up a bit while sleeping, this will prevent fluids from accumulating under the eye. It could also be allergies which can cause eyes to become dark and puffy. My sister uses a product called Lighteyes Eye Gel which has helped her a lot. It contains Haloxyl, a potent peptide that prevents capillary leakage( this is what causes dark circles) and helps boost circulation to lighten, brighten and reduce puffiness. Her eyes appear much more rested now.

kevinkrieger
11-30-2013, 11:59 AM
Get early nights and keep stress levels to a minimum if possible.