PDA

View Full Version : Ulcer like lesion on genital, is it HIV

Sivajii
05-19-2009, 04:29 PM
I have ulcer like lesion on my genital. It is soft but painful and some kind of foul smell. They are around 5-6 mm in size. Further there is swelling on my inguinal area on the right. Please help i'm afraid that i had sex with a young girl 1 week back whom i know for 5-6 months and she was a good girl from good family. I don't think she had HIV. I'm afraid i got hiv. I had never had sex with other, this is my first time. I can't tell these things to anyone on my family. I would die if they know i have HIV. I'm really worried. please i need your help

Dr.Deepak
05-19-2009, 04:47 PM
Oh boy don't get worried. you won't get infected so soon .chances are less if you didn't have any lesion before/during sex on your genital. by the way how old are you. Looks like some chancroid but yea can't just diagnose with the symptoms. chanroids are often associated with inguinal lymphadenopathy. HIV testing is recommended thought it might come negative upto 3 months of initial infection.its better to do a hiv testing of a girl if she agree.

As you have said its your first time so i don't think you have been infected with HIV. don't get worried.

Sivajii
05-19-2009, 05:00 PM
thank you sir. i'm 20 yrs old and had never sex .This was my first time. I didn't have any lesion before and during sex. i'm healthy just 4-5 days after sex i got these. I don't think she will agree on this.she might blame me instead.what can i do. Hey are you from nepal. i saw your profile . do you work in SukraRaj Institute Of Tropical and Infectious Disease Hospital. Can i meet you in personal ? i'm also in ktm. please don't say no if you have time. i'm really worried.

Dr.Deepak
05-19-2009, 05:18 PM
well its the first time and you didn't have any lesion during sex thats good sign you have very less chance of getting infected if she had HIV. She is still young so changes are less she might be HIV positive. This could be a chancroid only. don't worry .oh yea i work there. Sure you can meet me anytime from 9am-2pm ,best around 10am .

Sivajii
05-19-2009, 05:21 PM
oh sir thank you sir i'll visit you tomorrow. This site is great and you are even great sir. thank you sir. How much does it cost for HIV testing and others.

Dr.Deepak
05-19-2009, 05:26 PM
you are welcome. This is my job dear. you don't need money .its free of cost.

Sivajii
05-21-2009, 05:23 AM
Thank you sir My VDRL and HIV testing came negative. I'm happy now. her hiv testing also came negative ..wohooo.. i'm happy now. I'm taking medicine you prescribe lets see if it will go away. do i have to check again for hiv after 3 months.

Sivajii
06-13-2009, 09:04 AM
My lesions are gone now and everything is normal. Do i have to visit you again. Thank you all for support. What about HIV testing ?

Dr.Deepak
06-13-2009, 03:26 PM
Thats good news. Nope don't need to visit if you are fine . About HIV testing, if ur GF and urs both came negative and you hadn't had sex with others then there is no need to worry about. But be sure to use protective measures.