PDA

View Full Version : Astringent VS Toner

mimico
07-06-2008, 02:23 PM
What is better to use, astringent or toner? I've used both an astringent and a toner and they seem to be the same. So is it just the name that's different? Or do they have different purposes? I don't want to be using too many products on my skin so I really want to know what better product to use. What is the best thing for someone in her early twenties to use if she is concerned about maintaining a healthy skin?

Ashu
07-06-2008, 02:46 PM
They both are tha same thing..They do the same job and used in same prupose..ie cleansers.

the only difference is Astringent contains alcohol whereas toners don't,if you have oily skin Astringent work best else Toner is more advisable.

alice
07-09-2008, 09:49 PM
What is better to use, astringent or toner? I've used both an astringent and a toner and they seem to be the same. So is it just the name that's different? Or do they have different purposes? I don't want to be using too many products on my skin so I really want to know what better product to use. What is the best thing for someone in her early twenties to use if she is concerned about maintaining a healthy skin?

I'll suggest you to use a natural toner only. Astringents usually contains higher percentages of chemicals that precipitate skin proteins. On the other hand toners are usually milder.

I do not use astringents at all and I use rose water as a natural toner.

skincare
07-10-2008, 02:53 AM
I prefer to use toner. It is milder than astringent. Astringent irritates my skin because of high alcohol content. If you try to lit astringent, it will burn. That is just a simple manifestation of the high alcohol content.

lilabytes
07-10-2008, 08:48 PM
Toner is better compared to astringent. Astringents are popular back in the 70's or 80's I think when our mothers used to use them. Now, no need to clean your face and suffer from the string caused by these astringents. It's a misnomer to think that when it is more painful, it's more effective.

BrendaMarie
07-12-2008, 04:28 PM
I never knew that they were both the same but now that I know the small difference is the alcohol in astringent I would definitely opt for a toner too, especially since alcohol isn't good for your skin.

kimclara
07-06-2012, 08:42 PM
If you do use astringents, it shouldnt be used daily unlike toners you can use it everyday!

mariawatson
01-06-2015, 05:07 AM
Discovering your favorite cosmetics brand can take you years. After experimenting with several niche products from leading companies I finally narrowed down on Sakare for my beauty regimen. To start with I use its gentle facial toner everyday to make my skin look beautiful. Moreover its range of spa products too are a real winner.