PDA

View Full Version : My lips are getting dark

Rinkiee
04-20-2009, 03:47 AM
I lips are getting dark every year. Anything i can do. some says drinking coffee and cigarette gets it . I drink lot of coffee and social smoker. So any remedy for me.

Dr.Deepak
04-20-2009, 04:06 AM
you need to cut down coffee and smoking, but drinking 1-2 cups won't affect your lips. for remedy you can apply lemon juice to lighten. yea you can check this thread (http://www.dermatalk.com/showthread.php?t=962&page=2) as vaseline fades your lips so ..it could help fade black lips too.

Rinkiee
04-21-2009, 05:17 AM
oh o.k thank you deepak for your quick reply. I'll check that out too.

Ilovebeautiful
04-22-2009, 08:03 AM
You should cut down coffee and smoking.

Dennis
07-04-2009, 04:32 PM
Well, this words about smoking and coffee, I`m drinking coffee and smoking for 4 years and nothing happens to my lips. Do not understand?!? Can you tell me how many years are you smoking and drinking coffee?? If you are doing it more than 13-15 years, yes it`s possible than.

Ashu
07-13-2009, 02:23 PM
Well, this words about smoking and coffee, I`m drinking coffee and smoking for 4 years and nothing happens to my lips. Do not understand?!? Can you tell me how many years are you smoking and drinking coffee?? If you are doing it more than 13-15 years, yes it`s possible than.

it really depends on person to person and the way he/she smokes. I don't really smoke so i'm not aware of it. But it does stain your lips and gums black like my husband :mad: also you make get pigmentations on lips.

chinee
07-13-2009, 02:26 PM
I don't believe that coffee can make your lips dark but I do believe that cigarettes do. So avoid cigarettes if you really want to help yourself. I suggest you to just use petroleum Jelly because it serves as a moisturizer and at the same time it helps to avoid your lips from getting dark. In addition to these, don't use lipstick with aroma or has a smell or odor because it can cause your lips from being dark.

Ami
07-30-2016, 02:13 AM
I lips are getting dark every year. Anything i can do. some says drinking coffee and cigarette gets it . I drink lot of coffee and social smoker. So any remedy for me. Dark lips might be hereditory and can start far back from birth or from sun exposure or from smoking etc. Whatever the cause there are dark lips treatment cream but not all are effective and or safe. I know of a safe and effective dark lips cream called lasuizze Dark lips cream. And it's price competitive and made in u.s.a .

ConcettaParsons
09-10-2016, 08:46 AM
smoking is an cause of dark lips. But there are many people who have dark lips and don't have the habit of smoking. So it may be genetic too. If you want to get rid of dark lips you can use lemon and honey. Mix lemon and honey and coat it in your lips. Leave it for 1 hour and wipe it with a wet towel.

Juliedespino
10-07-2016, 07:44 AM
You can get rid from dark lips with some home remedies. It surely helps you to treat from dark lips (http://www.beautyepic.com/home-remedies-for-black-lips/)

andrestrang
11-30-2016, 05:33 AM
I think you should stop smoking and drinking coffee as much as you can. That's the most important thing.
Besides, you should drink a lot of water each day 2-2.5l per day.
BTW, I have a remedy for you, each time before going to bed, you put some honey on your lips and wash gently in the morning with towel. Or you can change the daily routine with sleeping mask for lips with honey :))))) Hope you have the better result.

lisa fletcher
12-13-2016, 11:41 AM
The natural way to cure darker lips is:
1. lemon
2. rose petals
3. sugar
4. Pomegranate
Try these on your lips. You will see the magnificent results on a week.

Alisha
12-20-2017, 01:46 PM
You can add some water in baking soda and make a paste of it. Apply this paste to your lips and after sometime rinse it and apply lip balm.

keralee
01-27-2018, 09:06 PM
Exfoliate your lips more often, that might help :)